Is it worth it?

The media is spamming this story because the people who still consume mainstream media love to see smarty-pants liberals who make 10x their income lose their jobs. While it is true that there are hiring freezes at some of the big tech companies and there are lay offs, a lot of the positions being laid off are non-technical roles like PMs and recruiters. The few friends I have who are SWEs and got laid off are spending their winter skiing/snowboarding while enjoying their severance and sifting through recruiter messages on LinkedIn.

Never made the jump but I have a CS degree from a completely average state school and get hit up by recruiters almost weekly specifically because I’m an ATC. Leidos pays former center controllers hundreds of thousands just to serve as SMEs so it should be no surprise that aviation/defense companies would love to hire someone who knows the user side and the technical side.

Lastly, I know plenty of people who have made the switch and someone who finished a degree while making AG pay at ZOA and is now making over 350k/ year at meta. So if anyone who is reading this was thinking about pursuing a degree go for it. Don’t let those haters with associates degrees in ATC management get you down.
Why on earth are you still working airplanes?

Is it worth it? No, I probably wouldn’t go down the same path I did at 23 💔

11 yrs to my shitpension though so there’s that

ACK has a trainee camping in a tent for the week. Trainee's place was rented out for the week by the landlord for more money. 81 degrees a few days ago and they're sleeping in a tent with no access to a bathroom. That's the definition of "is it worth it"

Are you implying this is the FAA or NATCAs fault? That trainee sounds like a moron.

Smoke and mirrors. The fact that they had advance prior knowledge shows your trainee doesn’t have the foresight necessary even to be a controller. It’s a self inflicted wound. Case closed, NEXT!

Sidebar, the fact that said trainee can even afford rent there is miraculous in and of itself 😂

There isn’t anyone who can let the dude crash on their couch for a week? I remember when I worked at a 5 people were all pretty close.

Smoke and mirrors. The fact that they had advance prior knowledge shows your trainee doesn’t have the foresight necessary even to be a controller. It’s a self inflicted wound. Case closed, NEXT!

Sidebar, the fact that said trainee can even afford rent there is miraculous in and of itself 😂
He’s prolly fine living in the tent and he probably got a sick deal on that place. And by sick I mean he actually found a place that he can afford barley

There isn’t anyone who can let the dude crash on their couch for a week? I remember when I worked at a 5 people were all pretty close.
Yea. Lol. “Is it worth it” Your own coworkers won’t let you crash on the couch and make you sleep in a tent. I would like to be a fly on the wall when they pitch the “NATCA brotherhood” line after that. What a bunch of fucktards.

Back
Top Bottom