Job sharing/Part time

SugarFoot1

Trusted Contributor
Article 35 of CBA
Myself and a coworker are looking in to job sharing for multiple reasons. Does anyone have any experience with this or knowledge of it being approved by an ATM?

Article 35 of CBA
Myself and a coworker are looking in to job sharing for multiple reasons. Does anyone have any experience with this or knowledge of it being approved by an ATM?
You’re free to work a second job so long as it doesn’t interfere with your FAA assigned schedule.

I know multiple people that have tried it. All been denied. Unless you’re at a very well staffed facility I bet it would be unlikely to get it approved in our current situation. One of them threatened to quit. ATM said okay go for it. She quit, life went on.

Don't say anything and no one will know what you do with your free time. If they do find out, highly doubt anyone is getting fired on first offense as long as it's not illegal. Perks of a controller shortage.

There's a shit ton of controllers in real estate, tax preparation, mortgage lenders, etc.

Don't say anything and no one will know what you do with your free time. If they do find out, highly doubt anyone is getting fired on first offense as long as it's not illegal. Perks of a controller shortage.

There's a shit ton of controllers in real estate, tax preparation, mortgage lenders, etc.
🤯🤯🤯 ATC is doomed

As others mentioned, you can ask but I think it will be hard to get it approved. It’s at the discretion of the Agency. I was at a pretty well staffed place and someone wanted to do this once and it was firmly denied. Almost everywhere is worse off in staffing now than that place was, so I don’t think they will go for it.

Is nobody reading the question??? They are asking about two CPCs going part time and basically working the schedule of one CPC. This isn't about second jobs.
I honestly thought these people were joking around then I realized…

We had one person do it a few years ago. She did it to jump everyone in seniority to get sat/sun off. Pissed off a lot of people
Do you recall how they did it? Split each day? Split like 2/3 every other week?

What are you talking about that relates to job sharing?

We have job shared at my tower. We have a split schedule ex. close, eve, day, opener.
Our job share is 2 people that share the same line and work 5 days on and 9 days off. To my knowledge if the traffic permit or it's easy to get an extra body all you have to do is fill out RVAs company paperwork.
*You also split holiday pay

I’ve never known anyone to job share but I did part time for a few months after having a kid years ago. Well staffed facility.

I just told my ATM i’d like to do it and he say ok and handled everything.

I’ve never known anyone to job share but I did part time for a few months after having a kid years ago. Well staffed facility.

I just told my ATM i’d like to do it and he say ok and handled everything.
Did I they provide you with a briefing and statement addressing any changes in benefits like the contract states

My ATM getting a part time request:
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Back
Top Bottom