June pay raise?

In my wife’s contract they have like lanes and steps. If you move a lane you go to your step in the next lane. Maybe if we ever renegotiate…

Or a low level transfer to a low level then later in their career go to a 12. All pay raises lost
Well yeah but they got $50k to go to a 12 so yeah. Bottom of the band they go. But they still keep the 1.6% raise with their half on the go. They just add the second half on top once they fully certify

You don’t really. Because the bottom of the pay band keeps raising too. So not gonna make much difference if you certify just one pay raise behind another person. Once you cpc then those raises are much more noticeable anyways.
The June pay raises move you within the bands, the January raises move the bands. So a trainee that misses the raise then CPCs June 7th will go to bottom of band. If they got CPC June 5th they would go to bottom of pay band, then get a 1.6% raise from there within band. So yes it does make a difference. Let's just suppose they are at a 9 or above, that 1.6% raise is at least $1600 a year, over $50 a paycheck without adding diffs or anything. Then, every raise after that, including the Jan raise, compounds even more it adds up over time.

The June pay raises move you within the bands, the January raises move the bands. So a trainee that misses the raise then CPCs June 7th will go to bottom of band. If they got CPC June 5th they would go to bottom of pay band, then get a 1.6% raise from there within band. So yes it does make a difference. Let's just suppose they are at a 9 or above, that 1.6% raise is at least $1600 a year, over $50 a paycheck without adding diffs or anything. Then, every raise after that, including the Jan raise, compounds even more it adds up over time.

I think everyone should accrue the 1.6% permanently as long as you're in the FAA. Even if you transfer facilities you keep that 1.6% and it just gets added on top. Having raises you earned at other facilities essentially erased is kind of lame. Or trainees that just had bad luck/timing, nearly every trainee has their training delayed for some reason at some point. Waiting for classes, too many people banged, not lining up with supervisors for a check out on a position because the supe was on vacation, etc etc.

I mean sure it makes somewhat of a difference and that’s just how the cookie crumbles but like I said it’s not a huge difference. Starting looking at a cup half full and just consider it lucky we get raises twice a year ??‍♂️

I think everyone should accrue the 1.6% permanently as long as you're in the FAA. Even if you transfer facilities you keep that 1.6% and it just gets added on top. Having raises you earned at other facilities essentially erased is kind of lame. Or trainees that just had bad luck/timing, nearly every trainee has their training delayed for some reason at some point. Waiting for classes, too many people banged, not lining up with supervisors for a check out on a position because the supe was on vacation, etc etc.
Absolutely it can suck, especially when it's barely missed for dumb reasons. It really pisses me off when some trainers or OSs are lazy about getting someone good certified. I understand they want those longer breaks and to not train, but if it was them in the other person's shoes they would care. My favorite first hand story that still pains me to this day is watching an OS not check someone out on a Tuesday because "if we check them out today they won't get their weekly training hours and bring down the adverage and make the facility look bad" so they waited until Friday and the trainee missed the 1.6%. Facrep useless after being told and OS and ATM got super defensive when called out.

I mean sure it makes somewhat of a difference and that’s just how the cookie crumbles but like I said it’s not a huge difference. Starting looking at a cup half full and just consider it lucky we get raises twice a year ??‍♂️
The cups half empty... we don't always get 2 raises a year. $50 isn't a lot, but that's now how much extra my car takes in gas.

The cups half empty... we don't always get 2 raises a year. $50 isn't a lot, but that's now how much extra my car takes in gas.
So did you certify just after June 5th? I mean they have to put some kind of date on it. Just because it doesn’t meet your exact wish doesn’t make you special. It’s the faa. It’s how the cookie crumbles. I spent 4 months waiting to start a d side class and another 3 months waiting for an r side class. Literally more than 6 months and pay raises missed but if you were close to verifying in February would you be making a big deal about it ?

Absolutely it can suck, especially when it's barely missed for dumb reasons. It really pisses me off when some trainers or OSs are lazy about getting someone good certified. I understand they want those longer breaks and to not train, but if it was them in the other person's shoes they would care. My favorite first hand story that still pains me to this day is watching an OS not check someone out on a Tuesday because "if we check them out today they won't get their weekly training hours and bring down the adverage and make the facility look bad" so they waited until Friday and the trainee missed the 1.6%. Facrep useless after being told and OS and ATM got super defensive when called out.
But if they get checked out does it really affect the facilities training hours since they’re a CPC and can remove them from the average?

So did you certify just after June 5th? I mean they have to put some kind of date on it. Just because it doesn’t meet your exact wish doesn’t make you special. It’s the faa. It’s how the cookie crumbles. I spent 4 months waiting to start a d side class and another 3 months waiting for an r side class. Literally more than 6 months and pay raises missed but if you were close to verifying in February would you be making a big deal about it ?
This situation has had no effect on myself personally. I just understand how it can suck in certain situations that could have been easily avoided. I'm guessing if they came and gave you an 1.6% pay decrease you would be ok with it since "it's the faa"?

But if they get checked out does it really affect the facilities training hours since they’re a CPC and can remove them from the average?
They can, should, and usually just mark the reason for not having hours as "certification"... however this happened way back before covid and when the training hours thing was new. They were very uptight about the hours back then. It's not longer the practice at that facility so it's fixed minus that guy getting less money.

This situation has had no effect on myself personally. I just understand how it can suck in certain situations that could have been easily avoided. I'm guessing if they came and gave you an 1.6% pay decrease you would be ok with it since "it's the faa"?

There’s a difference between being given something vs taking away something you already have.

I mean in this case we can start arguing every percentage from the 90s and how the guy that has been in the faa 10 longer than me pays less bullshit to the government too. It’s a vicious circle. Just like people from my academy class certified at different centers a year before me or a year after me. Just be happy you certified and have a job that pays well and pays you while you take a shit.

I would be ok with it because “it’s the NATCA”.

There’s a difference between being given something vs taking away something you already have.

I mean in this case we can start arguing every percentage from the 90s and how the guy that has been in the faa 10 longer than me pays less bullshit to the government too. It’s a vicious circle. Just like people from my academy class certified at different centers a year before me or a year after me. Just be happy you certified and have a job that pays well and pays you while you take a shit.
You’re right. I should be thankful I pay 3% more for the same retirement benefits as my coworkers doing the same job. #greatestjobintheworld though amirite?

We don’t really get 2 raises a year. Our NATCA negotiated raise is 1.6% on top of the federal raise. So all our contract gets us is 1.6% a year. The January raise is a government wide raise that has nothing to do with NATCA. We just happen to get the NATCA portion 6 months later for whatever reason

We don’t really get 2 raises a year. Our NATCA negotiated raise is 1.6% on top of the federal raise. So all our contract gets us is 1.6% a year. The January raise is a government wide raise that has nothing to do with NATCA. We just happen to get the NATCA portion 6 months later for whatever reason
This is true, what union goes out of its way to promote a 1.6% raise as the best conditions possible lol?

Back
Top Bottom