Medical Medical hardship

K

Knduck

I’ve been at ZoB for about a month now and my allergies have been killing me. I was going to walk away and I was told to look into a hardship.
Does anyone have any information on this and what I would need to do? Guessing I need to go to a doctor or something. I’ve always had allergies, I generally take a xyzal a week during bad summer months. I’ve been taking them non stop currently and they make me drowsy. Thanks.

I’ve been at ZoB for about a month now and my allergies have been killing me. I was going to walk away and I was told to look into a hardship.
Does anyone have any information on this and what I would need to do? Guessing I need to go to a doctor or something. I’ve always had allergies, I generally take a xyzal a week during bad summer months. I’ve been taking them non stop currently and they make me drowsy. Thanks.
Xyzal isn't approved for atc use so once you get to the floor you can't take them anymore. You need documentation that you have a medical condition at your current place and you dont have them or your health would improve if you moved. Start going to an allergist now and get a local allergy test then work on getting documentation from wherever you want to go saying you don't have allergies there.

Have you tried different allergy medicine? I know some allergy meds dont work for me in certain locations but do in others

Article 99 section 1 lays it out pretty simple. If you fit the category then continue reading the rest of article 99 and it tells you all the information and paperwork you'll need. If you have any additional questions, pm me!

Article 99 section 1 lays it out pretty simple. If you fit the category then continue reading the rest of article 99 and it tells you all the information and paperwork you'll need. If you have any additional questions, pm me!
That’s fine for submitting the paperwork portion.

To the OP, Jennifer’s answer is the best and most complete course of action to take

Where did you live before that was ok with your allergies?
Was a Oklahoma City ok for you for allergies?

Lived in Atlanta and in the summer months would take xyzal occasionally, I was ok in okc.
It sounds like you're fairly unfamiliar with allergies. I recommend trying a few different types (nasal. Pill, antihistamine, non drowsy, etc.) And see if they work for you. Just because zytal worked in ATL obviously doesnt mean it works in Cleveland. With that being said maybe allegra or claritin will work!

To add to what everyone has been saying, you can take any nasal spray that an allergist will prescribe you. I was also prescribed eye drops because my whole face swells with seasonal allergies...similar to how a person with a seafood allergy eats seafood. There is also allergy tabs available during off season to help your immune system adapt. I recommend going to an allergist and seeing what they say. After you have tried all available medicine with no affect on your symptoms is it time to try for a hardship. Goodluck, allergies suck, I am in my own personal hell of remaining indoors for 9 months out of the year trying to survive.

I've had the same bad luck with allergy pills throughout my life but i tried flonase when i was at okc and it's worked pretty well whenever i remember to take it

Back
Top Bottom