That is also pretty shitty. It seems like your situation is an outlier in difficulty from others I've read. I'm anticipating waiting 6+ months but that is pretty nuts what you're going thruI'm in the Great Lakes Region. Which doesn't matter because Tier 2 is handled in D.C. only.
I did find out that tier 2 is absolutely refusing to move forward without my BI. Despite having all court documents, my personal statements, having disclosed every single thing, a prior T3 clearance with BI conducted that's still active, etc. They want the BI and security check completed.
I contacted NBIB who does it, they said it's still pending close to 14 months of having it scheduled. I called security POC and requested they request the adjudication be expedited. She said she'd request but if it's going to cost the FAA more they won't do it. I told her I'd be willing to pay for it depending on cost.... waiting to hear back. Also put a congressional inquiry in to see if they can get it moving.
The worst part about tier 2 is that you just sit here for months and hear nothing. Then they expect tons of documentation from years ago on a moments notice.