MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

I'm in the Great Lakes Region. Which doesn't matter because Tier 2 is handled in D.C. only.

I did find out that tier 2 is absolutely refusing to move forward without my BI. Despite having all court documents, my personal statements, having disclosed every single thing, a prior T3 clearance with BI conducted that's still active, etc. They want the BI and security check completed.

I contacted NBIB who does it, they said it's still pending close to 14 months of having it scheduled. I called security POC and requested they request the adjudication be expedited. She said she'd request but if it's going to cost the FAA more they won't do it. I told her I'd be willing to pay for it depending on cost.... waiting to hear back. Also put a congressional inquiry in to see if they can get it moving.

The worst part about tier 2 is that you just sit here for months and hear nothing. Then they expect tons of documentation from years ago on a moments notice.
That is also pretty shitty. It seems like your situation is an outlier in difficulty from others I've read. I'm anticipating waiting 6+ months but that is pretty nuts what you're going thru

Wow. That's a rough road. So it took you approximately 6months from when they asked where you were living to get your psych eval? How was the process after the appt?
yeah

TOL: 6/08/18
CIL: 6/26/18
EQIP: 6/28/18
MMPI-2: 6/28/18
Medical: 7/10/18
Drug test: 7/10/18
informed MMPI failure: 7/13/18 (initially wasn't told I was flagged but the FAA requested additional information.)
information to schedule Tier 2: 2/4/19 (emailed POC weekly)
Tier 2 appointment: 3/20/19

Tier 2 appointment paperwork received by FAA: 4/15/19

My doctor/psychologist (who doesn't work for the FAA) gave me the certified shipping number when she shipped the results of my Tier 2 evaluation to FAA. So I know when the FAA received my packet which was the 15th of April and from there I have been waiting ever since. My biggest let down isn't how long the process is (it is and isn't). I would have pursued other interests if I knew It was going to take this long. (when I say this long I don't mean the current time I mean the "new projection"). I've been out of the military for 9 months and If I had a list and knew where I was going now (at 9 months) Id be happy(or atleast fine with it) But since it is going to take another 5-11 months to clear my Tier 2 and then probably take another drug test and wait a few more week for a list and a few more for a FOL and then probably have a start date 2 months out. I just wish I knew before hand how long this was gonna take. I figured from the time I was notified of a Tier 2 I would be in facility in 1 year. So I was flagged on July 13 2018 and I was figuring I'd be in facility by July of 2019 and based off what the FAA is saying now.. I wont be in facility until July 2020.

I'm just posting here so other people fresh on the Tier 2, plan on a 2 year wait not 6-9 months.

That is also pretty shitty. It seems like your situation is an outlier in difficulty from others I've read. I'm anticipating waiting 6+ months but that is pretty nuts what you're going thru

Yeah, it's a fluster cuck if I've ever seen one.

yeah

informed MMPI failure: 7/13/18 (initially wasn't told I was flagged but the FAA requested additional information.)

My doctor/psychologist (who doesn't work for the FAA) gave me the certified shipping number when she shipped the results of my Tier 2 evaluation to FAA. So I know when the FAA received my packet which was the 15th of April and from there I have been waiting ever since. My biggest let down isn't how long the process is (it is and isn't). I would have pursued other interests if I knew It was going to take this long. (when I say this long I don't mean the current time I mean the "new projection"). I've been out of the military for 9 months and If I had a list and knew where I was going now (at 9 months) Id be happy(or atleast fine with it) But since it is going to take another 5-11 months to clear my Tier 2 and then probably take another drug test and wait a few more week for a list and a few more for a FOL and then probably have a start date 2 months out. I just wish I knew before hand how long this was gonna take. I figured from the time I was notified of a Tier 2 I would be in facility in 1 year. So I was flagged on July 13 2018 and I was figuring I'd be in facility by July of 2019 and based off what the FAA is saying now.. I wont be in facility until July 2020.

I'm just posting here so other people fresh on the Tier 2, plan on a 2 year wait not 6-9 months.

I AGREE! I recently was notified I now have a 12 week school for the Army (Still in the guard). But had I known it'd be this long I would have gone ahead and done my MBA. I'd be finished by the time I get through this shit. I have recently started looking at online MBA programs.

I've ever turned down job recruiters and shit for this. Literally lost an engagement.

Yet fun fact. I have a friend from 2017 bid who was notified Tier 2. Then completed and in OKC within 6 months. Biggest difference? Not prior military.

yeah

YUP!! I applied on april 2017 went tier 2 now my start date is june 24 2019, little over 2 years

yeah

Holy cow... that’s insane. When you say you contacted your POC weekly, are you saying your HR POC or the MMPI lady?

yeah

From what I have read in previous posts, it seems that once you get the psych eval, they have 45 days to make a decision. Have you heard anything about that?

It sucks that it is such a delay and it seems to effect a lot of us vets. My plan is if I dont hear anything by the end of year when I am set to graduate, I will probably start applying for CBP through their direct hire or VRA paths and see where that leads. Kinda want to stay federal to buy back my mil time and TSP while having some options to move around if the wife and I need a change of scenery.

Good luck man. I hope you hear something soon.

Still waiting from the '17 OTS bid, but already did my eval on April 5th, 2019. The psych notified me that everything was sent back to the FAA 3-4 weeks after our appointment (so beginning of May). I expect, based off of others timelines, to hear back around end of June or July hopefully. The only good thing about how long this process has been is that I finished my bachelor's this month and was able to graduate. Downside is I start a 12 week internship next week and the company possibly hoping to hire me at the end of it, which I would have to turn down if I've heard back from the FAA by then.

Holy cow... that’s insane. When you say you contacted your POC weekly, are you saying your HR POC or the MMPI lady?
I called my medical POC because the HR rep doesn't know anything... She just tracks overall progress with application. I called my Medical POC to schedule my Tier 2 every week for about 6 months. Now I'm waiting on medical again and when I inquired about it with the Tier 2 POC and asked "How long does this generally take or more specifically what have the trends currently been since i'm sure time varies based off work load?"

Didn't even answer the question, just stated ...

when we get around to your case you will be advised when closed.

So basically I was left in the dark until I contacted my HR rep this Monday.

Still waiting from the '17 OTS bid, but already did my eval on April 5th, 2019. The psych notified me that everything was sent back to the FAA 3-4 weeks after our appointment (so beginning of May). I expect, based off of others timelines, to hear back around end of June or July hopefully. The only good thing about how long this process has been is that I finished my bachelor's this month and was able to graduate. Downside is I start a 12 week internship next week and the company possibly hoping to hire me at the end of it, which I would have to turn down if I've heard back from the FAA by then.
Yeah I'm in a similar boat... I'm starting a Job this next Monday which I received a referral from a family member to get the job and if the FAA calls me 3 weeks from now Ill feel like a jerk quiting 2 months from now right when i'm mostly is not fully trained on the position. But what choice do I have the FAA just jerks you around.

I called my medical POC because the HR rep doesn't know anything... She just tracks overall progress with application. I called my Medical POC to schedule my Tier 2 every week for about 6 months. Now I'm waiting on medical again and when I inquired about it with the Tier 2 POC and asked "How long does this generally take or more specifically what have the trends currently been since i'm sure time varies based off work load?"

Didn't even answer the question, just stated ...

when we get around to your case you will be advised when closed.

So basically I was left in the dark until I contacted my HR rep this Monday.

How did you find out who your medical POC was? I have contacted the generic medical e-mail (and left a voicemail) twice now over the past two weeks, and I am yet to get a response. Especially from what you’re saying, communication looks like it’s one of the worst parts of the whole Tier 2 process.

How did you find out who your medical POC was? I have contacted the generic medical e-mail (and left a voicemail) twice now over the past two weeks, and I am yet to get a response. Especially from what you’re saying, communication looks like it’s one of the worst parts of the whole Tier 2 process.
There shouldve been a person who sent you your tier 2 notification. Mine identified himself as my medical POC and after a few emails he stated I could reach out if I have any questions. He told me the same thing you guys heard, to be patient because they are backed up etc... I resolved myself to check in with him quarterly just to touch base, but now that Hope reached out I'm thinking it might be a good time to reach out just to try and get a layout of what is next from his perspective. It is probably a reach and he wont have much info, but now that they contacted me again, it kinda reset my need to keep tabs to ensure I don't miss a step and try to be as proactive as possible. Im sure if I dont hear anything for another month Ill go back to not checking this page frantically and just wait for the next email.

This is all hilarious, but in a bad way lol. Remember all this and then push for privatization after you get hired. Most new hires are too scared too, but it’s irrational fears when you do the research, and privatizing is the only way things like this would ever get better and hold idiots in Medical and HR accountable. At least you are not literally dying from it like people in the VA, but like I said it has been like this forever (been hearing stories exactly like this since 2008).

I was notified late July 2018 that I will be tier 2’ and my file was sent to Hope around August 25th. After roughly 3 months on December 21st I received an email from Hope with my Evaluator and on January 5th 2019 I completed my evaluation. Being that the government was shut down about a month I was cleared just last week. The whole process took me about 8 months.

May 17th, NBIB closed my background investigation. Was forwarded to the FAA. Talked to my Security POC today. She stated she'll get around to adjudication review and medical can put in the request for documentation.

I can't believe that it's finally gotten here. Next step is tier 2 to contact to do the appointment. I really hope to get this appointment done by July.

My process so far
MMPI: 2/27/19
Notified of Tier 2: 4/2/19
“Official” Tier 2 notification: 5/13/19
Release form: 5/28/19
Appointment scheduled: 6/7/19
Where are you located? You're process flew by. Your tier 2 psych must be pro FAA lol

Where are you located? You're process flew by. Your tier 2 psych must be pro FAA lol
I'm in Wisconsin. I was quite surprised that I was able to get in so fast. I was told by the office manager that the doc said the appointment should only last 2 hours.

I'm in Wisconsin. I was quite surprised that I was able to get in so fast. I was told by the office manager that the doc said the appointment should only last 2 hours.
Congrats. I got my stuff to Hope within a few hours. I'll send her annoying follow up emails to make sure she received it in hopes that she pushes my stuff thru just to be rid of me haha

2 hours? they must have changed it or they don't go as in depth as mine did. Mine was a little over 3 hours, you'll retake the mmpi by hand and then a second personality test by hand as well as answer some questions

Back
Top Bottom