MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

So I have my appointment this Thursday. Any advice before going in there? I'm going purely from MMPI results.
Theres really no reason to be nervous. Also, I was expecting my psychologist to be very personable and easy to talk to, but mine was just awkward. If you think about it, psychs deal with the deranged on a daily basis so its no surprise when they are dealing with a normal person that it could be awkward. Just relax.

Theres really no reason to be nervous. Also, I was expecting my psychologist to be very personable and easy to talk to, but mine was just awkward. If you think about it, psychs deal with the deranged on a daily basis so its no surprise when they are dealing with a normal person that it could be awkward. Just relax.
Thanks and yeah I really have nothing to worry about but it does make me a little nervous. I think I had too many "in between" answers on simple questions

I just had my appointment last Thursday. I think it went fine but I feel you just never know with the FAA. I know it's in this thread somewhere but what the wait time from now until I hear something?

I just had my appointment last Thursday. I think it went fine but I feel you just never know with the FAA. I know it's in this thread somewhere but what the wait time from now until I hear something?
From what I am reading 3-4 months to hear back, and then a few more months to get fully cleared. But I have seen someone else from on here say they've been going on 5 months without a decision post-appointment.

View attachment 8026
Did anyone else get this email as well? Is it just them sending a warning out or does it mean I may have some serious medical problems?
Not trying to sway your decision but I have never seen anything like this on this thread (giving someone a heads up prior to proceeding with the tier 2 process). I almost wonder if they are hinting something to you. Idk what I would do in that situation. If they DQ you, you can appeal but you will lose your class 2 meaning cant work at your fct in the meantime. Thats rough.

Something else to note, it sounds like to me another option is get out of the bid you are in and reapply and hopefully test better on the mmpi next time.

Something else to note, it sounds like to me another option is get out of the bid you are in and reapply and hopefully test better on the mmpi next time.
Just sucks because I just missed the last bid, but I don’t really understand how I would be any different from someone else who gets flagged on the MMPI I mean I didn’t think it was that bad.

I’m pretty sure the MMPI results are good for 2 years l don’t think you can’t just retake it if you were T2 on a prior bid. I would ask what the process would be for future FAA employment if you decide to withdrawal without clearing T2.

Also, I seriously doubt the FAA is hinting at anything. That would require the FAA to put any thought behind the hiring process or the individual applicant.

Last edited:
View attachment 8026
Did anyone else get this email as well? Is it just them sending a warning out or does it mean I may have some serious medical problems?
I would start applying to DoD positions (if you’re prior experience, or for anyone reading this in the same position). DoD controllers do not use the FAA Class 2 medical. Each branch has their own medical that must be passed before employment.

I emailed HW last week on Monday. Got an auto reply saying she would be back in the office on the 11th of October. Hopefully a good chunk of us receive some good news shortly after then but don’t expect anything in the meantime.

I see this tread is a few years old, which may serve to answer some of my questions. I imagine wait times have only gotten worse since 2020, but did anyone from the 2018 discussion end up finishing the tier 2 process? How long did it take in total? I have now been waiting about 8 months since my AF records were confirmed to have been received on the FAA's end. Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how long the line is these days?

I see this tread is a few years old, which may serve to answer some of my questions. I imagine wait times have only gotten worse since 2020, but did anyone from the 2018 discussion end up finishing the tier 2 process? How long did it take in total? I have now been waiting about 8 months since my AF records were confirmed to have been received on the FAA's end. Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how long the line is these days?
I’m from the ‘21 prior experience bid. Been waiting 15 months for my eval and still don’t have it scheduled.

Back
Top Bottom