Multiple TOLs

RD

Received an enroute tol on 12/27 from the ots bid and am currently waiting on a CIL. Today I received another TOL from what I can only assume is the '17 prior exp bid.

Ultimately what I'd like to do is make a decision whether or not to continue on to the academy for enroute based on the list they'll eventually offer me for the prior exp. Is this possible? Tried getting a hold of both my HR reps with no luck.

Apologies to anyone reading this who hasn't received a TOL yet, I realize I'm lucky to have this as a problem. Just trying to play the hand I was dealt as best I can.

Ultimately what I'd like to do is make a decision whether or not to continue on to the academy for enroute based on the list they'll eventually offer me for the prior exp. Is this possible? Tried getting a hold of both my HR reps with no luck

No, you have to accept one or the other. What is your prior exp? You can usually get a pretty good idea of what you’ll be offered.

If I remember correctly in the past if you got a TOL of the prior experience bid it cancels out your OTS bid, but id confirm it with HR.

Im not sure what your experience is but you could always go with your Prior exp TOL go to a facility with good staffing then ERR to a center. I would avoid going to the academy since it would be pass/fail for you.

I've seen a few of my buddies' lists with similar exp and they range from lvl 5-7s. Was hoping for something a little busier, but I understand I can always transfer later.

Thanks for the advice fellas, much appreciated.

Received an enroute tol on 12/27 from the ots bid and am currently waiting on a CIL. Today I received another TOL from what I can only assume is the '17 prior exp bid.

Ultimately what I'd like to do is make a decision whether or not to continue on to the academy for enroute based on the list they'll eventually offer me for the prior exp. Is this possible? Tried getting a hold of both my HR reps with no luck.

Apologies to anyone reading this who hasn't received a TOL yet, I realize I'm lucky to have this as a problem. Just trying to play the hand I was dealt as best I can.
Like others have stated, HR will make the connection shortly and you will have to choose one or the other. Things to consider...

If you fail at the academy (2017 was a 50% washout rate for Enroute) you will no longer qualify for OTS bids in the future. You can, however, apply to prior experience bids in the future. It is viewed as a separate hiring source and failure in the OTS portion does not prohibit you from prior experience bids.

You can view the academy structure and how facilities are determined in the FAQ tab.

Given the state of the transfer process. If I were in your shoes, prior experience is a sure thing (assuming you know what you're doing). I know numerous people who have CPC-ed and transferred out in under a year. You'll have a long list and the odds of getting to a location you're happy with (and have the ability to bid out upon CPC-ing) are high. If you desire to get to a center the old adage is "It's not a matter of if, but when you'll get there". You'd then be able to get to a center that you desire.

Very valid points. Thank you!

Going to do some more research and sleep on it a bit.

I've seen a few of my buddies' lists with similar exp and they range from lvl 5-7s. Was hoping for something a little busier, but I understand I can always transfer later.

Thanks for the advice fellas, much appreciated.

What bases have you had? What you're offered is based off of your prior experience. If you were ever at Tyndall, Eglin, Nellis, McGuire, or Grand Rapids RAPCONs (might have missed 1 or 2) you'll be offered level 10+

What bases have you had? What you're offered is based off of your prior experience. If you were ever at Tyndall, Eglin, Nellis, McGuire, or Grand Rapids RAPCONs (might have missed 1 or 2) you'll be offered level 10+
And every list, regardless of experience, gets a complimentary N90 put on it now.

This is my first time posting here. I saw the multiple TOL thread and thought I would ask about my situation. I received and accepted a TOL for the N90 prior experience bid back in October. I completed all of my CIL requirements by the beginning of December. HR confirmed last week that they are just waiting on my medical clearance. Last night I received a TOL for the April prior experience bid. I am planning on accepting the second TOL on Monday. Does anyone know if I will need to complete a second set of CIL requirements? Or would it be more likely that they'll take my previous clearances and apply them to the second bid?

This is my first time posting here. I saw the multiple TOL thread and thought I would ask about my situation. I received and accepted a TOL for the N90 prior experience bid back in October. I completed all of my CIL requirements by the beginning of December. HR confirmed last week that they are just waiting on my medical clearance. Last night I received a TOL for the April prior experience bid. I am planning on accepting the second TOL on Monday. Does anyone know if I will need to complete a second set of CIL requirements? Or would it be more likely that they'll take my previous clearances and apply them to the second bid?

Don't do it. Come to the dark side.

So I'm aware that the FAA takes into account previous facilities and experience levels when generating a list for the prior exp bids.

Does anyone know if they credit overseas contracting locations (specifically Afghanistan)? I've heard conflicting information.

So I'm aware that the FAA takes into account previous facilities and experience levels when generating a list for the prior exp bids.

Does anyone know if they credit overseas contracting locations (specifically Afghanistan)? I've heard conflicting information.
They do not take overseas contracting locations into account.
You can read about how they determine your correlating facility level here.
Previous Experience Hire Placement

Back
Top Bottom