RTF N90 3/6/20

I'm going in for that class. Did you receive the FOL where it states expected end date is July 2020 too?

I got my FOL and in part of the email it states that "The class end date is expected to be 07/14/2020." I've heard of the training taking between 6-9 months but from March to July is only 5 months. Is this date wrong or has the training been condensed or is there some other explanation I've not thought of?

I got my FOL and in part of the email it states that "The class end date is expected to be 07/14/2020." I've heard of the training taking between 6-9 months but from March to July is only 5 months. Is this date wrong or has the training been condensed or is there some other explanation I've not thought of?
Maybe you are thinking of facility training but either way you are way off. The OKC training is as stated, the facility training is allegedly a good 3 years or more when you factor in training delays and backups at N90.

Maybe you are thinking of facility training but either way you are way off. The OKC training is as stated, the facility training is allegedly a good 3 years or more when you factor in training delays and backups at N90.

Again, in the FOL, it states the expected class end date is July. I'm clearly referring to the OKC training. I know about the facility training taking years. I've also read here on this site and elsewhere that the OKC training is normally 6-9 months. That is why I posted this thread, because I'm trying to figure out if anyone else who has this class date has the same end date listed and if the training may have been condensed or something else.

No terminal class has ever been 6-9 months.

Basics: 25 days
RTF: 25 days
TSEW: 21 days
TETRA: 20 days

At the risk of sounding stupid, is this the training schedule specifically for TRACON or for every facility? If it's specifically for TRACON, then the posts I read about the training length is definitely wrong.

At the risk of sounding stupid, is this the training schedule specifically for TRACON or for every facility? If it's specifically for TRACON, then the posts I read about the training length is definitely wrong.
Correct. It’s dependent on what type of facility you’re going to, TRACON in this case. Facility level is also taken into account since you will only go to TETRA for a level 10+.

class number / start date / end date/ Superfluous information
Ten; Eleven; Twelve Radar Assessment (TETRA)
1423262020-06-162020-07-14FY '20ACTIVEOKC
TSEW
1423252020-05-152020-06-15FY '20ACTIVEOKC
Terminal BASIC Training
1423242020-04-102020-05-14FY '20ACTIVEOKC
Air Traffic Basics
1423232020-03-062020-04-09FY '20ACTIVEOKC

You can find all classes on FAA Catalog of Training with a bit of digging if you know what you're looking for.

Looks to me that you can expect a 3/6 class date (check if i made any mistakes.) After TETRA, it's back to N90, as long as you pass; your training will continue there. I don't know the rules about N90 and passing/failing but it's probably stated in your FOL.

Thank you to NOVA for laying the class order which made this much easier.

Last edited:
I'm going in for that class. Did you receive the FOL where it states expected end date is July 2020 too?

Yes my class end date is also July. Where are you staying?

Back
Top Bottom