N90 (Newark Area) to PHL FOIA's

Now it’s political and now the faa is fucked. 804 requires them to report to Congress and Congress doesn’t like being bypassed
Glad they could draw more attention to it. Would like to see Schumer stand up and fight for his constituents instead of just agreeing with NATCA National.

**EDIT** Schumer came out against the move. Well done N90.

Last edited:
NATCA national saw an opportunity and ran with it, remember it is not just the FAA. National sold the membership out and then lied about for “something else.”
Conspiracy hat is going on.

If National did trade favors knowing full well there would be enough political backlash to shut the project down, that’s a pretty savvy move if you ask me.

It’s naive of the agency to think that this would A) take place in a vacuum and B) be okay with N90 members regardless of what National did or didn’t promise. Now with the senate majority leader showing up in person to shit on the plan, it’s looking like an awfully dumb political move.

Conspiracy hat is going on.

If National did trade favors knowing full well there would be enough political backlash to shut the project down, that’s a pretty savvy move if you ask me.

It’s naive of the agency to think that this would A) take place in a vacuum and B) be okay with N90 members regardless of what National did or didn’t promise. Now with the senate majority leader showing up in person to shit on the plan, it’s looking like an awfully dumb political move.
The gymnastics. So what favors did we get?

A deal that national knew would backfire and dissolve with no leaks to sabotage the sabotage. I wouldn't give national that much credit by any means, but if that were the endgame would have been genius. Except for further destroying sentiment for national representation.

Assuming the FAA was going to try to steamroll it anyway.

My legislative rep was just given the “ask” for NATCA in Washington this year. It’s “convince congress why the N90 relocation is in the best interest of the people, budget, and NAS”.
So national is telling Chuck Schumer one thing and their Legislative Action reps another?

This whole thing is fucked from every angle. Shallenberger said on a telecon that staffing is actually better now than it has been in a long time and there hasn't been a staffing trigger in recent memory, and couldn't explain why, in light of these developments, NATCA was still collaborating to move the area off the island.

Once ole Chuck kills this whole thing, I don't ever want to hear any N90 people bitch and complain about staffing ever again. Moving that facility is the best way to get experienced controllers in there.
Bro we can all complain about everything. It’s what we do. Too much OT = worked to death. No OT = taking food out of our kids mouths

Once ole Chuck kills this whole thing, I don't ever want to hear any N90 people bitch and complain about staffing ever again. Moving that facility is the best way to get experienced controllers in there.

It’s not moving the faciiity though. It’s moving 1 area out of the facility, which frankly will just complicate matters as far as LOA’s and look and go etc.

So national is telling Chuck Schumer one thing and their Legislative Action reps another?

This whole thing is fucked from every angle. Shallenberger said on a telecon that staffing is actually better now than it has been in a long time and there hasn't been a staffing trigger in recent memory, and couldn't explain why, in light of these developments, NATCA was still collaborating to move the area off the island.
Staffing is only improving now. What fucked us before was retirements. We were checking people out in our area but didn’t have enough to keep up with retirement. I got here in 2014 and out of the 31 CPC’s in the area now, only 4 were CPC’s when I got here. We had over 40 when I got here.

Staffing is only improving now. What fucked us before was retirements. We were checking people out in our area but didn’t have enough to keep up with retirement. I got here in 2014 and out of the 31 CPC’s in the area now, only 4 were CPC’s when I got here. We had over 40 when I got here.
Nice, let me check the numbers….only 286 to go. Serious question is there room for that many people?

Nice, let me check the numbers….only 286 to go. Serious question is there room for that many people?
I was talking about my area, not the building. But if we had the full 100% number I have no idea where we’d fit everyone .

They're cutting the number of EWR controllers needed in PHL to 41. Which means you're not too far below the national average if EWR sector stayed in N90 and they adjusted your staffing to appropriate numbers. If you certified 27 since 2014 then you have a very young workforce and the FAA/NATCA line about a staffing crisis is bullshit.

NATCA is supporting this reduction of bargaining unit positions, btw. They can't explain why in the telecons.

numbers. If you certified 27 since 2014 then you have a very young workforce

Eh, middle aged. all but 4 are CPC-IT not new hires. I got here in 2014 as a new hire and I’m bottom half of seniority. In 10-15 years everything will repeat if nothing changes. As for the lower staffing number in PHL, theyre also deleting a couple positions and handoffs I believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom