N90 (Newark Area) to PHL FOIA's

Ewr area too stubborn to realize the phl move is a golden ticket

There’s about half of us who are willing/want to go. Most withdrew their name because they felt the offer from the FAA was insulting. But I agree it’s a golden ticket. Aside from just getting off LI, according to Santa of the 200+ people who applied to the PHL bid around 70 are from other 10-12 tracons. I’d be willing to bet we could certify at least half of them within 2 years and be able to err within 2-4 years. PHL is a stepping stone. But again, we all agree that forcing people to move or TDY for 2 years is fucked.

There’s about half of us who are willing/want to go. Most withdrew their name because they felt the offer from the FAA was insulting. But I agree it’s a golden ticket. Aside from just getting off LI, according to Santa of the 200+ people who applied to the PHL bid around 70 are from other 10-12 tracons. I’d be willing to bet we could certify at least half of them within 2 years and be able to err within 2-4 years. PHL is a stepping stone. But again, we all agree that forcing people to move or TDY for 2 years is fucked.
Downgrade PHL!

I think it can be at certain facilities.
Someone hired in 2018 waiting to start d school and having to bartend for years might disagree.

And I don't want to hear any shit about shutdowns or Rona because other agencies were still able to continue training, okc kept running, my flm was training another flm on desk stuff.

For those of us that were checked out and definitely didn't go to Disneyland on our 10 off-yeah great job BUT we didn't even try for hazard pay, we didn't even try to get in the Frontline heroes act or whatever (congress gave extra money to employees that had to work), we didn't even try to get backpay for the trainees that are just now training.
Yeah rona sucked for trainees. Still a good job no matter how you slice it. No one…and I mean NO ONE I work with would make this kind of cash outside of the FAA.

We can stop blaming rona now though. Although…for all the trainees that came back to train after months off and didn’t know their shit? C’moooooon.

It was a goat fuck, no doubt though

No. NEST MOU says that a withdrawal constitutes a list of no more than 5 facilities, if you get retained. I’ve heard of one withdrawal and that’s exactly what happened (list of 5) but the lists were small at the time so it’s hard to verify it. Rest of his panel did have 2-3 extra facilities on their list.
Which is why they waste our time in the labs or on the floor and THEN tell the supe that’s “I want to withdraw but I can’t so I need to fail a checkride”

What was the offer?

Yeah rona sucked for trainees. Still a good job no matter how you slice it. No one…and I mean NO ONE I work with would make this kind of cash outside of the FAA.

We can stop blaming rona now though. Although…for all the trainees that came back to train after months off and didn’t know their shit? C’moooooon.

It was a goat fuck, no doubt though

Which is why they waste our time in the labs or on the floor and THEN tell the supe that’s “I want to withdraw but I can’t so I need to fail a checkride”
Blame the game, not the player. It’s the system. Flawed like many other things the FAA puts together unfortunately.

In move money? I don’t think it should be 200K but yeah, if that’s all that was offered I’m glad lots of people withdrew as a fuck you to the FAA.
No, that was bonus money. You also got non-vol PCS money. But considering back in early 2000’s the FAA paid people $100k to COME to N90, seems fair they at least match that to get us to leave

Blame the game, not the player. It’s the system. Flawed like many other things the FAA puts together unfortunately.
Agree to disagree…but perhaps that’s exactly why people who don’t work at N90 should quit talking shit. 99% of those who do run their mouth have never set foot inside the control floor for a tour never mind dropped their paper work. So maybe THEY should blame the game/players and not be so goddamn whiny about NATCA/FAA’s attempts to attract people to take the job.

Agree to disagree…but perhaps that’s exactly why people who don’t work at N90 should quit talking shit. 99% of those who do run their mouth have never set foot inside the control floor for a tour never mind dropped their paper work. So maybe THEY should blame the game/players and not be so goddamn whiny about NATCA/FAA’s attempts to attract people to take the job.
Money seems to be the FAA’s only solution. You seem angry. I give it 5-10 years and I’ll probably be there as well. I’m early. Then again, my area isn’t being fucked with after being told it’s a bad idea.

Last edited:
Now it’s political and now the faa is fucked. 804 requires them to report to Congress and Congress doesn’t like being bypassed.

Watch the video, it’s so fucking savage. Schumer gave a press conference in front of N90 saying that the faa broke a promise to him they made in 2020. He says the White House asks him for things almost everyday, and now he’s going to ask them for something to keep people on Long Island.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom