N90 (Newark Area) to PHL FOIA's

Okc shut down like a million times
My point was they were reopened way before my facility. They were also getting basics and maps done with eLearning. We failed to do any of the approach plates or other testing via distance learning

It’s the job you took. And a really good damn job I might add. I wasn’t given a choice of facility assignment either when I was hired. So…no, I don’t have a lot of respect to those who wasted the facility’s time because life isn’t perfect and served with a plate of cookies and warm milk. Although I think it might be even worse when those who transferred into the building and certified, then all of a sudden decide this isn’t for them…queue up the magic eight ball hardship bs
I get that but not everyone can get over being somewhere they don’t want to be like others can. At the end of the day, it’s a job ( a good one like you said) so you’re going to have people take the job to simply get in the door and deal with the consequences later. You take the job because you need it and deal with the rest later. All of a sudden there’s a way out? You best believe people are going to take it.

Until the National release policy actually lets people get released I won’t hate on anyone doing what they gotta do. When that shit dropped we had 32 trainees withdraw almost immediately. That is what is killing us. No one wants to get stuck on LI for life.
Exactly

All you have to do is pass tetra and withdraw when you show up and you get a nice list of 8s and below. Nice system.
No. NEST MOU says that a withdrawal constitutes a list of no more than 5 facilities, if you get retained. I’ve heard of one withdrawal and that’s exactly what happened (list of 5) but the lists were small at the time so it’s hard to verify it. Rest of his panel did have 2-3 extra facilities on their list.

All you have to do is pass tetra and withdraw when you show up and you get a nice list of 8s and below. Nice system.
You have to pass tetra then bomb the lab nbd. You’ll probably bomb the lab even if you try.
Much better way into the agency then a regular AG bid with a list of 4-7s that’s all 5s.

No. NEST MOU says that a withdrawal constitutes a list of no more than 5 facilities, if you get retained. I’ve heard of one withdrawal and that’s exactly what happened (list of 5) but the lists were small at the time so it’s hard to verify it. Rest of his panel did have 2-3 extra facilities on their list.

That’s how it is now. That rule actually got enacted as a response to the amount of people that were bidding here and then withdrawing. Initially you were just given a list of everything you qualified for. People from centers that came here and withdrew/washed were literally given their pick of every center to choose from. Don’t remember if that was before NEST or NEST is what fixed it.

Will PHL have a welcome party for the N90 guys?

Dogecoin 126Bpm GIF

Anyone know how specializations will be broken up after this move? Like will you have the opportunity to work tower and part of EWR sector? Or will it be all of EWR sector or one of the tracks PHL currently has?

Dogecoin 126Bpm GIF

It ill be in DC, in the John the bull Carr conference room. Dean & Phil & all the old boys will laugh & toast all the millions they made on the backs of the other 300+ facilities over the years; going back to that N90 well over and over and over again. Alas, is the well drying up?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

That’s how it is now. That rule actually got enacted as a response to the amount of people that were bidding here and then withdrawing. Initially you were just given a list of everything you qualified for. People from centers that came here and withdrew/washed were literally given their pick of every center to choose from. Don’t remember if that was before NEST or NEST is what fixed it.
I think that was before NEST but don’t quote me. CPC-ITs were getting that after withdrawing, right?

I think that was before NEST but don’t quote me. CPC-ITs were getting that after withdrawing, right?
Yeah, but new hire trainees that would withdraw at like D2 or 3 would get lists with 90 facilities on em level 9 and below.

Anyone know how specializations will be broken up after this move? Like will you have the opportunity to work tower and part of EWR sector? Or will it be all of EWR sector or one of the tracks PHL currently has?

EWR will be it’s own area, Area C. A I think is the whole radar room and B is tower and PHL departure (or vice versa) I think

Dogecoin 126Bpm GIF

I expect hookers and cheesesteak

EWR will be it’s own area, Area C. A I think is the whole radar room and B is tower and PHL departure (or vice versa) I think
The radar room & equipment is brand new. Consists of B & C side. Split in half awaiting EWR. First half, currently vacant is where EWR will be. This is C side. No B or C will work tower traffic. The training side for EWR is in a brand new facility across the airfield awaiting whatever is going on.

A side is tower and finals only.

A B & C will not work one another area. Biggest issue.... parking and break room.

Last edited:
The radar room & equipment is brand new. Consists of B & C side. Split in half awaiting EWR. First half, currently vacant is where EWR will be. This is C side. No B or C will work tower traffic. The training side for EWR is in a brand new facility across the airfield awaiting whatever is going on.

A side is tower and finals only.

A B & C will not work one another area. Biggest issue.... parking and break room.

Ah yeah I said whole room for the one side but that meant whole legacy PHL room cause that’s what they do now

Back
Top Bottom