N90 (Newark Area) to PHL FOIA's

i think we need a tl;dr
so far
FAA wants to move part of n90 to phl and was offering incentives, 100k? or something
union agrees
union leadership then cans it
the faa says you can't we're using some article

i'm a bit lost
Give the documents a read, people need to read them on their own, half of what you said is incorrect and there is more to the story. When people blindly trust others to compress the information is what has lead us to where we are today. “Trust us, we know better and have your best interests at heart.”

If you really want a TLDR summation then download the documents, copy and paste them into ChatGPT and ask ChatGPT to summarise it for you. It is exhausting having the same conversation over and over with people who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to do basic reading. By no means is this a personal attack against you brother, but please take the time to read the documents because trusting people at their word is how we ended up with shitty leadership extending the “best contract ever” with the “most labour friendly administration ever” instead of fighting to represent its members needs and wants.

that means i understood it i wasn't arguing just double checking
I’ve read it. Natca received proposals that were not shared with n90 local. Which is fucked. Also there was some deal that Natca execs or union would receive if the execs made the move happen. But does not state what. But it also says that some people at both n90 and Phl would agree to the move if the financial offer was sufficient, and also there were some people who didn’t want it to happen in the local on both sides of the move. Seems common amongst us BUE about any issue.

I still have yet to hear that I was completely off base that a significant offer was made to some BUE who agreed and were all set to move and that offer was pulled by the new president. Wether was because he realize he was fucked or because he was convinced by other members it’s a bad deal, again what does the testimony say that really differs from that?

Last edited:
still have yet to hear that I was completely off base that a significant offer was made to some BUE who agreed and were all set to move and that offer was pulled by the new president. Wether was because he realize he was fucked or because he was convinced by other members it’s a bad deal, again what does the testimony say that really differs from that?

If by “some bue” you mean anyone in EWR area this never happened.

Give the documents a read, people need to read them on their own, half of what you said is incorrect and there is more to the story. When people blindly trust others to compress the information is what has lead us to where we are today. “Trust us, we know better and have your best interests at heart.”

If you really want a TLDR summation then download the documents, copy and paste them into ChatGPT and ask ChatGPT to summarise it for you. It is exhausting having the same conversation over and over with people who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to do basic reading. By no means is this a personal attack against you brother, but please take the time to read the documents because trusting people at their word is how we ended up with shitty leadership extending the “best contract ever” with the “most labour friendly administration ever” instead of fighting to represent its members needs and wants.
I read it but it is very formal. It's lacking the story, but contains some of the factual information...not all of it though

No one was offered money to move?

Not more than $25k. The FOIA and this thread is talking about when the FAA and NATCA first started negotiating about the move. It is believed the FAA initially was going to offer a high dollar amount incentive for EWR controllers to volunteer to move to PHL, but NATCA rejected that and went with a low dollar amount because they didn’t want us to accept it. The FAA in the first volunteer solicitation offered $10k, then bumped it to $25k the second solicitation.

Not more than $25k. The FOIA and this thread is talking about when the FAA and NATCA first started negotiating about the move. It is believed the FAA initially was going to offer a high dollar amount incentive for EWR controllers to volunteer to move to PHL, but NATCA rejected that and went with a low dollar amount because they didn’t want us to accept it. The FAA in the first volunteer solicitation offered $10k, then bumped it to $25k the second solicitation.
So the only part I was inaccurate about was that the huge offer didn’t make it to the people.

I’ll be honest, even that I find hard to believe that at some point some people didn’t hear the number. The FAA isn’t go throw any money without knowing what may or may not be enough to work. The FAA throwing lower numbers out might entice some willing suckers.

I’ve heard a rumor that at least the supervisors are getting PCSed to Philly, for them it’s not a temp move. Is that accurate? How about the rest of the workforce, is it still a temp move?

Yeah 2 of the 3 are already there and the 3rd goes in June. They were CPC’s who applied to the sup bid because they wanted a guarantee of leaving. When he leaves we’ll be down to 1 sup here. They also hired a former cpc who had resigned a few years ago as a sup there but I don’t know if he’s started.

NATCA N90,

Senator Schumer released the following press release today rescinding the letters forcing our 31 brothers and sisters in the EWR area to Philadelphia. Keep up the tremendous work that you all have done and we must continue to succeed.

Please see below.

SCHUMER: FAA WILL RESCIND LETTER TO LONG ISLAND AIR TRAFFIC EMPLOYEES THAT ORIGINALLY FORCED THEM TO MOVE & CREATED WORRY IF HUB’S FUTURE WOULD STAY STRONG ON LI; NO ONE WILL BE FORCED TO MOVE TO PHILLY AMID STAFF RESTRUCTURE; SENATOR WORKED WITH FAA TO SETTLE THIS DILEMMA FOR LI-ERS

Amid Newsday Report Of TRACON Turbulence, Schumer Successfully Put Pressure On FAA To Keep Staff On LI & Continues To Protect ALL The Work LI’s TRACON Hub Does In Regional Airspace

FAA Recently Sent Letters To More Than 30 Air Traffic Controllers At The New York TRACON Facility On LI, Instructing Them That They Will Have To Temporarily Relocate To Philly To Train New Controllers—For Up To 2 Years;— NOW THEY’LL RESCIND THE ORDER

Schumer: We Are Through The Turbulence; LI TRACON & Employees Won’t Be Forced To Move & Air Traffic Hub Is Also Safe

U.S. Senator Charles Schumer announced today that the FAA will rescind its letter to Long Island air traffic employees that said they would be forced to move to Philadelphia, delivering on a February 13th press event with employees and local officials of TRACON.

In February, Newsday reported that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) was planning to require more than 30 employees at the Uniondale-based New York Terminal Radar Approach Control, or TRACON, facility to move to Philadelphia. Schumer, during his event, revealed new details about the situation and said he had been on the phone to try and remedy this issue, but that he would be demanding that the FAA back off while they restructured staffing and the airspace operations of Newark, which Long Island workers oversee. Today, the FAA has heeded Schumer’s call.

“There are approximately 325 staff here at Long Island’s TRACON, including 176 air traffic controllers, and I have fought hard for each and every one of these jobs, said U.S. Senator Charles Schumer, not just because I love Long Island, but because this is the place, this is the mecca for air traffic monitoring that makes the most sense for safety. And when I learned about the FAA’s letter to move staff, pull the rug out, take them from Long Island to Philly I knew we could fix it, and we did, and I thank the FAA for heeding my call. I will always fight for this TRACON site and each and every worker.”

Schumer, in February, revealed that the FAA recently sent a letter to 30-plus LI’ers, telling them they would need to move to Philadelphia for up to two years. Schumer said this made no sense and was counterproductive. Schumer made his case, provided an update on talks with the FAA and the union that represents the workers while he discussed what should happen next. Families were present and the union spoke about how impossible it is to just pack up and move right now, particularly those with children in school.

Schumer also detailed how he has delivered massive upgrades to the New York Terminal Radar Approach Control (NY TRACON), including a new two-story building, which is about 20,000 square feet; new ATC equipment; the repurposing of old equipment and other critical advancements required to adapt the facility to present needs, which include cyber threat prevention. NY TRACON has also proposed obtaining new ‘leapfrog’ (computer) equipment within the next years, which would be installed in a new equipment room. NY TRACON would also use federal funds Schumer secured to test and checkout all systems with live data, conduct ATC training, and conduct Go-No-GO (take-off safety) reviews. The facility would also remove old TRACON equipment that has become outdated. The regular infusion of federal funds to complete upgrades and maintain current systems helps Long Island’s facility remain fully operational, modern and protected from any future cuts, Schumer pointed out.

Schumer also reiterated the work it took to keep the NY TRACON facility on Long Island in the first place, saving hundreds of good-paying Long Island aviation jobs. The FAA was initially interested in combining the New York Air Traffic Control center in Ronkonkoma (about 500 jobs) and the New York Terminal Radar Approach Control facility in Westbury (about 400 jobs) into one Integrated Control Facility (ICF) site for the New York metropolitan region. Schumer relentlessly advocated to multiple DOT secretaries, the White House and FAA leaders to keep the air traffic control centers on Long Island after the serious possibility that the new Integrated Control Facility would be moved off the Island. As a result of Schumer’s fierce advocacy, the FAA ultimately decided to rebuild and modernize the TRACON site on Long Island.

According to Newsday and Schumer, NY TRACON in Westbury, is one of the busiest air traffic control centers in the nation. It is responsible for guiding and monitoring air traffic coming in and out of Kennedy Airport, LaGuardia, Newark Liberty, Teterboro and dozens of other regional airports, including Long Island MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma and Republic Airport in Farmingdale.

Schumer, in February, publicly called on the FAA to honor their original promise to him and not move controllers to Philadelphia. The FAA had told Schumer that no controller would be forced to move as the FAA restructured staffing for the Newark airspace.

“We wanted them (FAA) to stand by their original word here. No one leaves Long Island if they want to stay at TRACON --no one-- and now that’s true, and it’s also the right thing to do,” Schumer said.

NATCA N90,

Senator Schumer released the following press release today rescinding the letters forcing our 31 brothers and sisters in the EWR area to Philadelphia. Keep up the tremendous work that you all have done and we must continue to succeed.

Please see below.

SCHUMER: FAA WILL RESCIND LETTER TO LONG ISLAND AIR TRAFFIC EMPLOYEES THAT ORIGINALLY FORCED THEM TO MOVE & CREATED WORRY IF HUB’S FUTURE WOULD STAY STRONG ON LI; NO ONE WILL BE FORCED TO MOVE TO PHILLY AMID STAFF RESTRUCTURE; SENATOR WORKED WITH FAA TO SETTLE THIS DILEMMA FOR LI-ERS

Amid Newsday Report Of TRACON Turbulence, Schumer Successfully Put Pressure On FAA To Keep Staff On LI & Continues To Protect ALL The Work LI’s TRACON Hub Does In Regional Airspace

FAA Recently Sent Letters To More Than 30 Air Traffic Controllers At The New York TRACON Facility On LI, Instructing Them That They Will Have To Temporarily Relocate To Philly To Train New Controllers—For Up To 2 Years;— NOW THEY’LL RESCIND THE ORDER

Schumer: We Are Through The Turbulence; LI TRACON & Employees Won’t Be Forced To Move & Air Traffic Hub Is Also Safe

U.S. Senator Charles Schumer announced today that the FAA will rescind its letter to Long Island air traffic employees that said they would be forced to move to Philadelphia, delivering on a February 13th press event with employees and local officials of TRACON.

In February, Newsday reported that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) was planning to require more than 30 employees at the Uniondale-based New York Terminal Radar Approach Control, or TRACON, facility to move to Philadelphia. Schumer, during his event, revealed new details about the situation and said he had been on the phone to try and remedy this issue, but that he would be demanding that the FAA back off while they restructured staffing and the airspace operations of Newark, which Long Island workers oversee. Today, the FAA has heeded Schumer’s call.

“There are approximately 325 staff here at Long Island’s TRACON, including 176 air traffic controllers, and I have fought hard for each and every one of these jobs, said U.S. Senator Charles Schumer, not just because I love Long Island, but because this is the place, this is the mecca for air traffic monitoring that makes the most sense for safety. And when I learned about the FAA’s letter to move staff, pull the rug out, take them from Long Island to Philly I knew we could fix it, and we did, and I thank the FAA for heeding my call. I will always fight for this TRACON site and each and every worker.”

Schumer, in February, revealed that the FAA recently sent a letter to 30-plus LI’ers, telling them they would need to move to Philadelphia for up to two years. Schumer said this made no sense and was counterproductive. Schumer made his case, provided an update on talks with the FAA and the union that represents the workers while he discussed what should happen next. Families were present and the union spoke about how impossible it is to just pack up and move right now, particularly those with children in school.

Schumer also detailed how he has delivered massive upgrades to the New York Terminal Radar Approach Control (NY TRACON), including a new two-story building, which is about 20,000 square feet; new ATC equipment; the repurposing of old equipment and other critical advancements required to adapt the facility to present needs, which include cyber threat prevention. NY TRACON has also proposed obtaining new ‘leapfrog’ (computer) equipment within the next years, which would be installed in a new equipment room. NY TRACON would also use federal funds Schumer secured to test and checkout all systems with live data, conduct ATC training, and conduct Go-No-GO (take-off safety) reviews. The facility would also remove old TRACON equipment that has become outdated. The regular infusion of federal funds to complete upgrades and maintain current systems helps Long Island’s facility remain fully operational, modern and protected from any future cuts, Schumer pointed out.

Schumer also reiterated the work it took to keep the NY TRACON facility on Long Island in the first place, saving hundreds of good-paying Long Island aviation jobs. The FAA was initially interested in combining the New York Air Traffic Control center in Ronkonkoma (about 500 jobs) and the New York Terminal Radar Approach Control facility in Westbury (about 400 jobs) into one Integrated Control Facility (ICF) site for the New York metropolitan region. Schumer relentlessly advocated to multiple DOT secretaries, the White House and FAA leaders to keep the air traffic control centers on Long Island after the serious possibility that the new Integrated Control Facility would be moved off the Island. As a result of Schumer’s fierce advocacy, the FAA ultimately decided to rebuild and modernize the TRACON site on Long Island.

According to Newsday and Schumer, NY TRACON in Westbury, is one of the busiest air traffic control centers in the nation. It is responsible for guiding and monitoring air traffic coming in and out of Kennedy Airport, LaGuardia, Newark Liberty, Teterboro and dozens of other regional airports, including Long Island MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma and Republic Airport in Farmingdale.

Schumer, in February, publicly called on the FAA to honor their original promise to him and not move controllers to Philadelphia. The FAA had told Schumer that no controller would be forced to move as the FAA restructured staffing for the Newark airspace.

“We wanted them (FAA) to stand by their original word here. No one leaves Long Island if they want to stay at TRACON --no one-- and now that’s true, and it’s also the right thing to do,” Schumer said.
Half them will still vote for trump and George santos

Back
Top Bottom