N90

Correct, you're guaranteed return rights to your current facility and your current facility only regardless of staffing (you can't request a NEST list).
It will depend on your experience level. If you don't have radar experience, they sent those controllers to RTF and TSEW at the academy previously. Although not 100% sure, with the N90 specific class being relatively new, I'd fully expect those controllers to take that as well.
CPC at 7 up/down so already been to RTF. Figured about TSEW

CPC at 7 up/down so already been to RTF. Figured about TSEW
Tower only = RTF & TSEW
Already been to RTF, but 9 or below = TSEW only
10 and above Radar experience = Trained in House

CPC's who go to the Academy may be required to take the N90 specific workshop.

Confirmed via FacRep.

Last edited:
Stereotype is not true....myth floating around with no basis. Honestly, if you can do it, you will make it. We just certified a controller in my area that as a fresh trainee punched the lead lab and classroom instructor, and several other CPC's in some silly altercation after the xmas party shortly after he arrived. Bottom line, the guy can vector, and is now a CPC and part of the family.

Just find it funny that the guy still get to keep his job, any other jobs he would of been gone. Only in N90 i guess...

Just find it funny that the guy still get to keep his job, any other jobs he would of been gone. Only in N90 i guess...

I would assume that it was an after hours party, and that there was blame on both sides. It usually takes two......

They're moving fast. Applied yesterday and referred today.

Congrats and good luck! Which link did you bid on, only one i saw on usajob is the bid that closes 5/2018. Is that the continuous bid everyone been talking about? Or the bid that closes yesterday with 52 weeks of radar experience? Thank you!!!

Congrats and good luck! Which link did you bid on, only one i saw on usajob is the bid that closes 5/2018. Is that the continuous bid everyone been talking about? Or the bid that closes yesterday with 52 weeks of radar experience? Thank you!!!
Yeah off the CPC bid

Believe me, there's a reason Article 10, Section 4 of the slate book is written like this...

"Section 4. An employee's off-duty misconduct shall not result in
disciplinary action, unless a nexus can be shown between the employee's
off-duty misconduct and the efficiency of the service. Any proposed action
for off-duty misconduct will contain a statement of the nexus between the
off-duty misconduct and the efficiency of the service."

That language has been in for awhile too. "Meet me outside the gate after work" goes back decades.

Tower only = RTF & TSEW
Already been to RTF, but 9 or below = TSEW only
10 and above Radar experience = Trained in House

No CPC-ITs will take the N90 specific workshop at the academy.

Confirmed via the email provided and FacRep.
Facrep told you this? There are conflicting streams of information about whether the 8 and above requirement still exists pending setting up the class in 2018 for those who are from 7 and below

Back
Top Bottom