N90

My aviator updated with a new referral list

Referral list FA-AEA-17-103769: Issued on 08/17/2017 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-LH grade/payband. Thank you for submitting your application for announcement # AEA-ATO-17-SLF-52724. The office with this vacancy has either decided not to fill the position at this time or has made a selection from another referral list or a selection was made under another hiring authority. We appreciate your interest in employment with the Federal Aviation Administration. Please continue to check the website for vacancies of interest to you.

Referral list FA-AEA-17-103898: Issued on 08/25/2017 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-LH grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AEA-ATO-17-SLF-52724. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

I got the same exact thing...

Let's see...
Make $41K extra (locality and CIP versus here) and pay $17K of that to income taxes... Hmmmmm
Then, use that $24K to pay a significant increase in things such as: housing (rent or property tax would eat another $10K+), car insurance, food, transportation costs, etc. I don't think that increase would allow me to break even versus here. They'd have to max my pay (minimum with locality which would literally equal this current incentive), then give the 25% CIP on top of that amount which would be roughly another $45K, and pay more than $27K to move (most likely $100K like they did in 2008.

What they're trying to do is entice guys from the local big towers to come here like they used to do. But as the pay bands are now the difference between level 10 and 11 to a 12 is only a few thousand dollars. But for an extra $20k+ and probably not even having to move who knows?

They can get selected, but I get told 8 and above only still
That is what is insane to me. I honestly expected roughly 10 people with RAPCON experience that had a prior track record of success at N90, but 89? I assume they'll run 5 class, no more than 18 people each. Even if you run 1 class per quarter, how is the N90 training program suppose to handle that many trainees?

That is what is insane to me. I honestly expected roughly 10 people with RAPCON experience that had a prior track record of success at N90, but 89? I assume they'll run 5 class, no more than 18 people each. Even if you run 1 class per quarter, how is the N90 training program suppose to handle that many trainees?
I imagine they will space them out quite a bit. And the first classes should go to CPCs willing to bid. I put mine in, and you can't get much higher priority than N90 and yet still nothing off the referral lists

Won't be a problem. 70 of them will be done within 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom