N90

Have they come up with a solution to the operational nightmare that is going to be having the EWR and LGA areas in different facilities? What's gonna happen to the "special use" line procedures once those two areas are not under the same roof? There is nowhere in the .65 where you can separate aircraft using course divergence based off an airspace boundary. What's gonna happen when LGA goes to the ILS 13? We made that shitshow work because we were all in the same room together. I'm curious how they plan to make it work as two separate entities.

if they have they haven’t told us but it’s not my problem. Just get me off LI. Really they should just close LGA. Place is a dump.

Have they come up with a solution to the operational nightmare that is going to be having the EWR and LGA areas in different facilities? What's gonna happen to the "special use" line procedures once those two areas are not under the same roof? There is nowhere in the .65 where you can separate aircraft using course divergence based off an airspace boundary. What's gonna happen when LGA goes to the ILS 13? We made that shitshow work because we were all in the same room together. I'm curious how they plan to make it work as two separate entities.
I have a feeling once EWR moves and they see how it works out, the rest of the building will follow. Maybe they'll bring back the old plans for an integrated complex and take ZNY off the dump of long island too. Philly Center let's go!

Also has anyone heard anything since the referral list went through in early March? I contacted the N90 facrep and he just said they'll get back to me once they make selections.

I have a feeling once EWR moves and they see how it works out, the rest of the building will follow. Maybe they'll bring back the old plans for an integrated complex and take ZNY off the dump of long island too. Philly Center let's go!

Also has anyone heard anything since the referral list went through in early March? I contacted the N90 facrep and he just said they'll get back to me once they make selections.
I'm just happy you havent heard anything from N90 either. Thought it was just me sitting out in the cold. Unless it's both of us...

I don't think it makes a ton of sense for them to select a bunch of people anytime soon considering they already have massive training delays and they have over 100 trainees and 90% of them are either AG or CPCIT0. My best guess is they're just maintaining this bid to cherry pick anyone with good high level experience that happens to apply so as to not miss out on capturing another unfortunate soul who they can keep until they retire. Just a hunch though.

I don't think it makes a ton of sense for them to select a bunch of people anytime soon considering they already have massive training delays and they have over 100 trainees and 90% of them are either AG or CPCIT0. My best guess is they're just maintaining this bid to cherry pick anyone with good high level experience that happens to apply so as to not miss out on capturing another unfortunate soul who they can keep until they retire. Just a hunch though.
They should adjust all placements through every source to account for the employee’s projected facility class date. They claim to be concerned with trainees in the system and yet they continue to send people all over the NAS to places where they won’t start training for a year or more.

Are they mostly off the street people? Would transferring CPC's cut the line in front of them for a class date?
We had a trainee in my sector who transferred from an 11 get moved to the front of the line, but they’re only doing that with people coming from 10+ facilities. I transferred from a 6 and I’m at 2 years with at least another 4-6 months to wait for a class date and 1 year+ for labs. If I’m lucky

We had a trainee in my sector who transferred from an 11 get moved to the front of the line, but they’re only doing that with people coming from 10+ facilities. I transferred from a 6 and I’m at 2 years with at least another 4-6 months to wait for a class date and 1 year+ for labs. If I’m lucky
Im at a 12 so thats good to know. What's the trainee schedule like?

I don’t think so, mainly because the raw number of people affected is pretty light. It also depends how many at N90 have contacted a politician about the move.

I beg to differ! The number of people affected is going to be huge! They just don't know it yet. The users, specially TEB users are going to take it up the rear when traffic numbers try to return to the old normal, and they find themselves stuck on the ground forever because LGA is on the ILS 13, and the EWR area is in a different building than the LGA area. Not to mention EWR departures off 04L with LGA coming down the river and the EWR guys can't use that special use line procedure anymore. It was an illegal procedure anyway, but for the longest time it was allowed to go because it was an internal procedure covered by the N90 SOP, and since the two areas affected were under the same roof, it kinda went under the radar of the rest of the FAA. I'm dying to see if they're actually going to try change it from an SOP into an LOA, and....is PHL going to buy off on it?

I beg to differ! The number of people affected is going to be huge! They just don't know it yet. The users, specially TEB users are going to take it up the rear when traffic numbers try to return to the old normal, and they find themselves stuck on the ground forever because LGA is on the ILS 13, and the EWR area is in a different building than the LGA area. Not to mention EWR departures off 04L with LGA coming down the river and the EWR guys can't use that special use line procedure anymore. It was an illegal procedure anyway, but for the longest time it was allowed to go because it was an internal procedure covered by the N90 SOP, and since the two areas affected were under the same roof, it kinda went under the radar of the rest of the FAA. I'm dying to see if they're actually going to try change it from an SOP into an LOA, and....is PHL going to buy off on it?
LGA is next to go just wait, calling it now

I applied to the N90 opening yesterday. Are they still accepting CPC transfers? What is the timeframe?
I applied back in February and was on the referral list in March, sat there for months, and finally a week or two ago I got back "not selected." Currently at a lvl 12. Weird for such a severely low staffed facility ??‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom