N90

I love back of the envelope math....p

Remember Controller incentive pay is 10% of salary or now with the enhanced MOU, 25% (total) as a CPC.

So the guy at the cap is getting CIP off the 147,676 rate where as a fresh minted CPC is getting it at 109,389 rate. So one guy gets 1051$ a pay period just in CIP and the other guy is getting about $1420 a pay period.

Then Figure the new CPC gets 144,536 or roughly 69.26$ an hour vs the guy capped out at 189,600 or 90.85 an hour

So all things considered in an example of each person just working a straight day schedule or 8 hours a days with one being OT, you’d get

NEW CPC
Normal 80*69.26=5,540
OT 16*69.26*1.5=1662
CIP=1051
Total for one pay period with 16hours overtime and no diffs= 8,253

Veteran Capped CPC
Normal 80*90.85=7,268
OT 16*90.85*1.5=2,180
CIP=1420
Total for one pay period with 16hours overtime and no diffs=10,868

Now the Veterean CPC needs boat money, so he works 6 10’s for 2 weeks, all swing shifts 1pm-11pm, and Sundays, and what the hell, a holiday too.

Normal 80*90.85=7,268
OT 40*90.85*1.5=5,451
CIP=1420
Sundays 16*90.85*.25=363
Night diff 60*90.85*.1= 545
Holiday 8*90.85= 726

Total for one pay period.... 15,773

This is all quick and dirty math, but if you want to make some more money, you can see why N90 is the place to go....

Nice work! However, how's this match up with N90-EWR's OT Whore, who's at the salary cap & works 6 10-hr days w/ Sunday pay, that only maxes at about 9.7k in 1 pay period, though? I'm guessing those are take home figures.

Those are take home figures I quoted. For gross comparisons, my W2 for last year was 296k. We had quite a few over 300k with the highest I saw at 335k.

Our younger CPCs that are not at the salary cap are around 250k gross a year.

Those are take home figures I quoted. For gross comparisons, my W2 for last year was 296k. We had quite a few over 300k with the highest I saw at 335k.

Our younger CPCs that are not at the salary cap are around 250k gross a year.

$249,962 last year and that was with over 550 hours ot. Just couldn't work that extra 20 minutes to break 250 lol

Bid schedules in seniority order by trimester. Set day off. You WILL be scheduled 6 day weeks as soon you check out in FD. Week of days week of nights still, usually 3-4 mids thrown in every month or so but you can usually swap them out if you want. Overtime on demand, just call and say you're coming in for 2 on the front or tell the sup you're going to stay for 2.

Is it mandatory 10 hour days, with 2 hours on, 30min off (4 on and 4 breaks per shift)? So anything past 10 hours is OT?

Where are the good areas on the island for people with school age kids. Never been to New York but interested in the CPC bid

So from my understanding of the track sheet, one who comes below a lvl 10 with have to attend TSEW and TETRA? I thought I had heard of someone bypassing TSEW and going straight to TETRA

So from my understanding of the track sheet, one who comes below a lvl 10 with have to attend TSEW and TETRA? I thought I had heard of someone bypassing TSEW and going straight to TETRA
I believe they go to both. We have a trainee we picked up through NCEPT at TSEW/TETRA right now for D01

People that have not already been to TSEW can not skip it, especially since it's "new TSEW" now.

Roger. Just wanted to make sure. This bid still had my eye but haven’t fully committed yet.

They're going to be way overloaded with trainees pretty soon between the CPC bid and the one that just closed.

I believe they go to both. We have a trainee we picked up through NCEPT at TSEW/TETRA right now for D01

I thought only N90 was being sent to TETRA now? I'm guessing it's pass/pass for him?

I don't think it would be right to have someone wait 12 months, sell their house, move to a new facility, find a new place to live, and be sent to a pass/fail class just after arriving at the new facility. If it's pass/fail, they should treat it the same as N90 and send you back to your facility until you get a release date if you're successful.

Last edited:
Where are the least worst areas on the island for people with school age kids. Never been to New York but interested in the CPC bid

Happy to help

I suggest you rent a place within 30 minutes from N90 while you're training. By the time you make CPC, you'll have time to get familiar with Long Island, and better prepared to find a more permanent housing option. Sorry to be vague, but I've found that everyone is different, and what may be good for some, may not work out for you.

Back
Top Bottom