NATCA leadership on those leaving the union

Oh man, sorry to hear you only got to start at 10 like SFO. Congrats on getting to Denver before the real estate priced you out of the market.

For real though, I wasn't hating on you so much as I was envious of the people who got in back in the '08-'11ish time back when they just sent people straight to level 12s. Back in the good ol days. Like how did they even staff the low levels places? They just banished all the washouts to the shitty low level spots? Nowadays you can get stuck in a terrible low level facility for years on end without ever getting an opportunity to advance your career through no fault of your own (ask me how I know.) It's like CharlieNovember said earlier, there's like 2 classes of controllers and it's purely based on luck as to who gets to enjoy the greatest job in the world on easy mode. I unfortunately was born a few years too late and as a result, I'd have to go to a high level facility in a low cost of living area just to be able to dream to one day own a modestly nice home someday.
Aug 2010 hire date here, all my buddies went to 11 tracon's I went to Aspen. Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Just don't lump all of us in and assume we all got awesome assignments.

Aug 2010 hire date here, all my buddies went to 11 tracon's I went to Aspen. Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Just don't lump all of us in and assume we all got awesome assignments.
Aspen would be awesome if you could afford it. Better than Islip

They left someone out of the breakfast run this morning and he was heard mumbling "omg, cant believe they F'in MICKED me". Damn. Sick! ?

I just want you all to know

That if you're not a member of our great and venerable union

That I will not take your night shifts

I will NOT work credit for you so you can go to Timmy t-ball game

I will NOT include you on the lunch run

I will NOT provide you with adequate feedback during training

I will NOT let you transfer to another facility

You may NOT access the internet

We WILL collaborate with the FAA

You WILL die alone

You WILL thank me for my service

Eye contact in the hallway is for bargaining-unit chads ONLY

The security cameras have been disabled and you WILL get Epstein'd

New England Region Bi-Monthly Update

That is all

View attachment 7754
A week and half later, this is STILL the funniest and stupidest post I’ve ever read Lmao

bump.

"heard you'z guys were talkin bout me in here?"

A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

all of y’all are replaceable. The union heads see opportunity in prioritizing new hires because they are wet behind the ears and don’t have negative opinions about natca and their unfair practices involving current members. Stay at your low level facility and rot, thank you for the last 6 years of your dues, but this non union member will be going to the facility you want to go to first

all of y’all are replaceable. The union heads see opportunity in prioritizing new hires because they are wet behind the ears and don’t have negative opinions about natca and their unfair practices involving current members. Stay at your low level facility and rot, thank you for the last 6 years of your dues, but this non union member will be going to the facility you want to go to first
Yeah leaving the union might work. I maxed out my pac for last NCEPT. My take home went down to only $800. But that’s okay. It was for the union. For our brothers and sisters air mission siblings. My wife complained. My kids couldn’t eat as well. But that’s okay it was a short sacrifice to finally level up. Needless to say I ranked last at every facility

I'm currently in the Academy and as of now I have no intentions of joining the union. Is this going to hinder any part of my career as an ATC?

I'm currently in the Academy and as of now I have no intentions of joining the union. Is this going to hinder any part of my career as an ATC?
It shouldn’t. But has a strong chance to. I’d advise joining and playing the game until done. Small part of your pay check to give to ensure as smooth a path to COC as possible. Plus it will help (or rather won’t hinder?) you move. Yes some people have moved without being a member but some ATMs let their FacRep have their way with NCEPT rankings. Why take the chance.

Depends on the facility. More than likely the answer is yes. Even going management side is easier to do if you are involved in the union (not a lot of other ways to build up your resume as a front line employee).

Join NATCA when you can, and I'd recommend keeping whatever dumbfuck reason you got for not supporting the union to yourself until you CPC. Then do whatever you want.

It shouldn’t. In theory. But you will find people aren’t as keen to go out of their way for you or even bother with you. Everyone at my current and last facility was a union member at minimum during training. Otherwise I’ve only seen a few quit the union and it was a personal reason against NATCA - not just anti-union stuff.

Back
Top Bottom