NATCA leadership on those leaving the union

It is extremely hypocritical that Many dont care to participate AT ALL small scale, then act surprised the contract was up nationally and did absolutely nothing about it and then complain they werent notified or their voices werent heard. These are the same people who complain about the annual leave mou or whatever as if it doesn’t happen every damn year. It’s so lazy and reactive rather than proactive. now they will be disregarded again for their complaints rather than actually being involved in the process.

You’re like the kid who complains about the refs as if their shitty play didn’t contribute to their loss.
Yes. Everyone who bitches about the union is to blame because THEY cause NATCA to suck by not being involved enough. Every NATCA retard says the same thing when their cult is criticized. “Get involved and make the changes you want to see!” Bullshit. Fuck NATCA.

And btw, only guys with little dicks accuse guys who drive trucks of having little dicks.

Yes. Everyone who bitches about the union is to blame because THEY cause NATCA to suck by not being involved enough. Every NATCA retard says the same thing when their cult is criticized. “Get involved and make the changes you want to see!” Bullshit. Fuck NATCA.

And btw, only guys with little dicks accuse guys who drive trucks of having little dicks.
Not that I'm defending them, but how exactly do you expect change to happen if none or very few of the people that want change bother to get involved? I was never a NATCA rep, but if there was something that I felt needed attention or change I did voice my opinion (quite loudly at times) to my area rep, or the local president, and even on the rare occasion that a regional or national rep came by N90 for whatever. You don't need to be a rep to make changes happen. If you can motivate other controllers in your area/facility to join you in being vocal about something you could indeed put enough pressure to bring something to their attention.

Yes, it's not easy to make changes happen, but sometimes you do have to get involved. Doing nothing will definitely get nothing done!

Not that I'm defending them, but how exactly do you expect change to happen if none or very few of the people that want change bother to get involved? I was never a NATCA rep, but if there was something that I felt needed attention or change I did voice my opinion (quite loudly at times) to my area rep, or the local president, and even on the rare occasion that a regional or national rep came by N90 for whatever. You don't need to be a rep to make changes happen. If you can motivate other controllers in your area/facility to join you in being vocal about something you could indeed put enough pressure to bring something to their attention.

Yes, it's not easy to make changes happen, but sometimes you do have to get involved. Doing nothing will definitely get nothing done!
Cus they could actually fucking communicate with the members and ask what we want.

It is extremely hypocritical that Many dont care to participate AT ALL small scale, then act surprised the contract was up nationally and did absolutely nothing about it and then complain they werent notified or their voices werent heard. These are the same people who complain about the annual leave mou or whatever as if it doesn’t happen every damn year. It’s so lazy and reactive rather than proactive. now they will be disregarded again for their complaints rather than actually being involved in the process.

You’re like the kid who complains about the refs as if their shitty play didn’t contribute to their loss.
Ahh yes. The good ol people who voice their opinion but don’t get involved don’t matter argument. One of NATCAs go to when retaliating against an upset member. Most likely that member is not fresh anymore and can think for themselves. Most likely that person was met with a response from NATCA calling them ungrateful. Gotta love it. Join our union but suppress your voice….we don’t want to hear it.

It’s an elite club and you’re not in it. They won’t select people who don’t support them to get involved in anything that matters. You’ll sit on the fringes getting lip service, but you won’t ever be let into anything that matters. It’s a bunch of rich guys who can’t comprehend why people making 1/3 of what they do aren’t happy. It’s guys who have been at high level facilities for almost all of their careers. It’s funny because if you talk to them personally they will spout progressive talking points, like how income inequality is bad, and how diversity matters most, but it’s mainly a bunch of rich, connected, white guys who glibly explain away massive income inequality within our own profession.

I’m not saying a level 5 Should make as much as a 12, but if you’re stuck at a 5 for reasons beyond your control, that’s a different conversation. That’s retirement you won’t have.

Last edited:
Ahh yes. The good ol people who voice their opinion but don’t get involved don’t matter argument. One of NATCAs go to when retaliating against an upset member. Most likely that member is not fresh anymore and can think for themselves. Most likely that person was met with a response from NATCA calling them ungrateful. Gotta love it. Join our union but suppress your voice….we don’t want to hear it.
This is exactly how it goes. I don’t see why more people aren’t thinking for themselves and saving money by jumping ship. NATCA has become paralyzed with all the collaboration that they can’t fight for the controllers anymore, unless it’s for under performers or bad apples.

It’s an elite club and you’re not in it. They won’t select people who don’t support them to get involved in anything that matters. You’ll sit on the fringes getting lip service, but you won’t ever be let into anything that matters. It’s a bunch of rich guys who can’t comprehend why people making 1/3 of what they do aren’t happy. It’s guys who have been at high level facilities for almost all of their careers. It’s funny because if you talk to them personally they will spout progressive talking points, like how income inequality is bad, and how diversity matters most, but it’s mainly a bunch of rich, connected, white guys who glibly explain away massive income inequality within our own profession.

I’m not saying a level 5 Should make as much as a 12, but if you’re stuck at a 5 for reasons beyond your control, that’s a different conversation. That’s retirement you won’t have.

What’s something you are genuinely looking for them to do or attempt to do, for you?

I’m not disagreeing with a lot of these talking points of them maybe not listening/lip service/etc.

What’s something you are genuinely looking for them to do or attempt to do, for you?

I’m not disagreeing with a lot of these talking points of them maybe not listening/lip service/etc.
People being stuck making well below the median and average pay through no fault of their own, with no ability to transfer up after putting in several years of service because the faa can’t hire train or staff.

Remove article 60 from ncept. Make it mean something again.

Apologize to people who are stuck at the bottom instead of telling them it’s what they signed up for like an faa manager would. Empathy goes a long way. Admit that there’s a problem and that it sucks to be stuck long term making half of what your peers are making.

I was recently asked by someone at a 12 why I don’t max my TSP, I said I can’t afford it and their eyes got big, until I told them how much I was actually making. Then they were shocked that I could contribute at all

Last edited:
People being stuck making well below the median and average pay through no fault of their own, with no ability to transfer up after putting in several years of service because the faa can’t hire train or staff.

Remove article 60 from ncept. Make it mean something again.

Apologize to people who are stuck at the bottom instead of telling them it’s what they signed up for like an faa manager would. Empathy goes a long way. Admit that there’s a problem and that it sucks to be stuck long term making half of what your peers are making.

I was recently asked by someone at a 12 why I don’t max my TSP, I said I can’t afford it and their eyes got big, until I told them how much I was actually making. Then they were shocked that I could contribute at all
People being stuck… That’s the whole point of the crwg staffing numbers and faa reauthorization . To better staff the faa. The union would LOVE more bodies. We all want it and so do they. Think about it, they have more dues paying members. They are fighting faa finance and reporting to congress for appropriations. The union doesn’t not want you to move.

Art 60…. It’s not a “part of ncept” it’s been around long before ncept. It is useful, if you invoke art 60 you jump to the top of the manager ranking lists.

Apology/empathy… easy enough, I think people are empathetic to folks that aren’t able to move up from the lower level facilties. Hopefully they are able to implemented more things like the previous round 2 that gave level 7s and below an extra chance to move.

Last edited:
People being stuck… That’s the whole point of the crwg staffing numbers and faa reauthorization . To better staff the faa. The union would LOVE more bodies. We all want it and so do they. Think about it, they have more dues paying members. They are fighting faa finance and reporting to congress for appropriations. The union doesn’t not want you to move.

Art 60…. It’s not a “part of ncept” it’s been around long before ncept. It is useful, if you invoke art 60 you jump to the top of the manager ranking lists.

Apology/empathy… easy enough, I think people are empathetic to folks that aren’t able to move up from the lower level facilties. Hopefully they are able to implemented more things like the previous round 2 that gave level 7s and below an extra chance to move.
From what I understand, NCEPT will not be adopting the new CWRG numbers for employee movement.

They want it soooo bad that they declined to plead their case to national media

From what I understand, NCEPT will not be adopting the new CWRG numbers for employee movement.

The new numbers should be taken into account (and probably will be after the first panel) but everyone with paperwork already in should be grandfathered to the old numbers.

Back
Top Bottom