NATCA leadership on those leaving the union

Yea those pathetic cucks only getting us instantly moved to 5 on 10 off for months. How dare they?!
But yea not even trying to renegotiate was pretty lame.
For nearly 2 years, it was “too dangerous” to train in the workplace, but not dangerous enough for hazard pay. And now staffing is even more fucked than it was before due to the union-sanctioned training holds. But yeah, I guess a couple extra days off for a few months was cool. ??‍♂️

For nearly 2 years, it was “too dangerous” to train in the workplace, but not dangerous enough for hazard pay. And now staffing is even more fucked than it was before due to the union-sanctioned training holds. But yeah, I guess a couple extra days off for a few months was cool. ??‍♂️

Lets not forget shutting places down to clean them cuz someone caught it. Funny how that didnt last (for the Zs, or at least my Z) very long.

Not to mention its too dangerous to train, but we can staff positions R, D, D, R, R, D all sitting within 2 feet of the position next to next to them.

the part where he says removed from list servers…is that supposed to mean like slack or email lists….both?

You can be not for anything the union says and still think people that leave the union shouldn’t be included in shit, you guys act like unions aren’t an integral piece of why we have what we have in this country, leaving natca to enjoy the benefits because they have to provide them for you just makes you a burden. I don’t understand how you guys are so anti union and do nothing towards bettering your workplace as a whole

I mean he isn't wrong. Scabbing out is pretty shitty.

The big problem though-anyone who opposed the way things are getting done gets ostracized and steamrolled. Could you imagine if someone said changing notams from airmen to air MISSions shouldn't be our top priority?

You'd be laughed out the door.

Anyone remember where zilonis and his supporters were in that separate room. Sure that's just how it randomly turned out. LOL

Members are quitting because unsanctioned change or opinions aren't even allowed to surface.

What's the total losses nationwide?

You can be not for anything the union says and still think people that leave the union shouldn’t be included in shit, you guys act like unions aren’t an integral piece of why we have what we have in this country, leaving natca to enjoy the benefits because they have to provide them for you just makes you a burden. I don’t understand how you guys are so anti union and do nothing towards bettering your workplace as a whole

It's because most of these people are just selfish and care about no one but themselves. They'll whine and complain nonstop but they won't do anything to help their local union and definitely not volunteer for any national groups. Too bad the Supreme Court royally fucked unions. But that's been the goal of the republican party for the longest time.

Want to go out to eat but don’t split the bill? No you fucker I don’t wanna go out to eat with you at all ?? what a joke
To be clear, the analogy here is referring to people who reap the benefits of being represented by a union (namely job protections, workplace safety provisions, and raises) without contributing to continued existence of the union (paying dues). You're saying you'd rather be separate from the rest of the bargaining unit and negotiate your own pay, leave approval policy, dress code, etc, etc with FAA management?

That said it is freaking stupid that they didn't renegotiate the contract and it's disappointing that nobody ran against ANY of the NEB last election. That speaks volumes on its own, and if you wanted to talk about starting your own union (with blackjack and hookers!) that might be a valid point of debate, although it's very difficult to de-certify a union and if you tried to do it and failed you would definitely be ostracized by the current union.

I think the big picture here is that Mick thinks/knows that he is untouchable. Same with all of them at the National level. Any one who challenges anything, as stated before in this thread, is ostracized. Don’t include them in chow runs? Imagine if the management put something out like that… reprisal, retaliation, hostile environment etc. but it’s ok because like he said you aren’t valued and are replaceable.

I don't understand how you're so pro big government and always advocate for the government to have more power but also don't trust that the government will treat you well if union isn't there to look out for you

At the expense of 30% of the memberships career advancement.
At the time, it was because of a very transmissible and possibly very dangerous virus with a lot of unknowns. Boohooing a possible advancement delay to possibly save a lot of lives? Nice. After the fact, yes it was big time overkill, but it wasn't when they didn't know what was being dealt with, and we didn't *really* know much for quite a while because everything was locked down keeping things in check. And a lot of the later stuff has been general federal government requirements, not NATCA.
It wasn't anywhere near two years, at least where I am. And it isn't the union's decision on whether or not to pay us hazard pay, but cool story. Yes it sucks worse now than before, believe me, I'm probably dealing with worse than you are.
What did you want to happen? Certify a bunch of shitter devs on 10% traffic so they could kill a bunch of people when traffic picked up again? Things wouldn't have happened much differently in the end anyway. Lots of delays.

Who’s got the numbers?!
We been going at in alone for a long time with their shitty agreements that are forcing careers and movement to stall for years. Yes we are done paying for your travel and lunch runs and taking our money back. Those pay raises you think we are taking on the unions back well they aren’t keeping up with inflation so more reason to keep that money back. To much collaboration= corruption.

At the time, it was because of a very transmissible and possibly very dangerous virus with a lot of unknowns. Boohooing a possible advancement delay to possibly save a lot of lives? Nice. After the fact, yes it was big time overkill, but it wasn't when they didn't know what was being dealt with, and we didn't *really* know much for quite a while because everything was locked down keeping things in check. And a lot of the later stuff has been general federal government requirements, not NATCA.

It wasn't anywhere near two years, at least where I am. And it isn't the union's decision on whether or not to pay us hazard pay, but cool story. Yes it sucks worse now than before, believe me, I'm probably dealing with worse than you are.
What did you want to happen? Certify a bunch of shitter devs on 10% traffic so they could kill a bunch of people when traffic picked up again? Things wouldn't have happened much differently in the end anyway. Lots of delays.

There were lots of studies and scientific data showing how ridiculous freaking out over covid was, but it was suppressed by media and government working together to toe the line for big pharma. It’s hilarious watching revisionist history like this, with people going “Gee, who knew it was all a big deal for nothing?”

As for this letter, that kind of language is exactly what makes people quit the union. I’ll do shift swaps with whoever I please, thank you very much, especially when these people who quit the union have very good reasons to do so.

There were lots of studies and scientific data showing how ridiculous freaking out over covid was, but it was suppressed by media and government working together to toe the line for big pharma. It’s hilarious watching revisionist history like this, with people going “Gee, who knew it was all a big deal for nothing?”

As for this letter, that kind of language is exactly what makes people quit the union. I’ll do shift swaps with whoever I please, thank you very much, especially when these people who quit the union have very good reasons to do so.

Yes, "Big Pharma" lied and 1 million Americans haven't actually died in the past 2 years. Please tell me how it's just the flu which hasn't killed that many people in 2 years ever. I see you're one of those Facebook doctors where you get all these studies that the big bad mainstream media doesn't want you to know about.

To be clear, the analogy here is referring to people who reap the benefits of being represented by a union (namely job protections, workplace safety provisions, and raises) without contributing to continued existence of the union (paying dues). You're saying you'd rather be separate from the rest of the bargaining unit and negotiate your own pay, leave approval policy, dress code, etc, etc with FAA management?

That said it is freaking stupid that they didn't renegotiate the contract and it's disappointing that nobody ran against ANY of the NEB last election. That speaks volumes on its own, and if you wanted to talk about starting your own union (with blackjack and hookers!) that might be a valid point of debate, although it's very difficult to de-certify a union and if you tried to do it and failed you would definitely be ostracized by the current union.
This union isn't the same union we all expected it to be. Once they figure out their own bias, I will join back up. In the meantime, if I could only contribute to my local NATCA I would of never stopped.

Yes, "Big Pharma" lied and 1 million Americans haven't actually died in the past 2 years. Please tell me how it's just the flu which hasn't killed that many people in 2 years ever. I see you're one of those Facebook doctors.

1 million Americans who were in poor health, obese, had co-morbidities, etc. It’s more than a flu, surely, but we’ve known since very near the beginning that it isn’t healthy young people who were on respirators that are then being killed by covid.

If people statistically at risk didn’t want to train and wanted to be socially isolated, they should have been afforded that opportunity, and they got that in most cases. Stopping people of statistically low-risk categories from doing any training whatsoever was absolutely ridiculous and went against all common sense. That’s absolutely partially NATCA’s fault.

1 million Americans who were in poor health, obese, had co-morbidities, etc. It’s more than a flu, surely, but we’ve known since very near the beginning that it isn’t healthy young people who were on respirators that are then being killed by covid.

If people statistically at risk didn’t want to train and wanted to be socially isolated, they should have been afforded that opportunity, and they got that in most cases. Stopping people of statistically low-risk categories from doing any training whatsoever was absolutely ridiculous and went against all common sense. That’s absolutely partially NATCA’s fault.

We haven't known that from the beginning and youre being a liar/revisionist yourself to try and paint some picture that isn't true. There have been plenty of reports of healthy adults having complications and death from covid. But please tell me more Dr. Facebook. You're an air traffic controller that probably has a high school diploma as your highest form of education yet you heard a little bit of info and now think youre some genius. Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

We haven't known that from the beginning and youre being a liar/revisionist yourself to try and paint some picture that isn't true. There have been plenty of reports of healthy adults having complications and death from covid. But please tell me more Dr. Facebook. You're an air traffic controller that probably has a high school diploma as your highest form of education yet you heard a little bit of info and now think youre some genius. Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

Attachments

• Idiocracy.jpg
    Idiocracy.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 17
lol. no. When the lockdowns happened, we knew almost nothing about it because it was a BRAND NEW VIRUS. Not enough to roll the dice on a bunch of people lives anyway. So they did the safe thing. You're in a safety profession, remember?

What you're talking about is stuff we know *now* with a much larger data set.

Back
Top Bottom