NCEPT debate thread

Ehhh. A lot of direct hires are more than capable to handle more than a 5/6. The FAA sees this, and will continue to send them there. Pump the CTI and OTS kids to the 5/6s.

I've seen more "military controllers" wash out than I have OTS or CTI. Just sayin. If someone has an err from a low facility to a better one that has need, the FAA should send a new guy there. Tell the CPC with paperwork out once you certify your replacement your transfer is approved. Cracks me up seeing all these people release over and over on NCEPT panels, and then poof they are below a cat 2 not selecting anyone. How about selecting people to replace the ones leaving on the same panel? I realize some idiots apply for places they won't go and turn down NCEPT offers (13 this round?). But it's ridiculous no matter how you look at it.

I've seen more "military controllers" wash out than I have OTS or CTI. Just sayin. If someone has an err from a low facility to a better one that has need, the FAA should send a new guy there. Tell the CPC with paperwork out once you certify your replacement your transfer is approved. Cracks me up seeing all these people release over and over on NCEPT panels, and then poof they are below a cat 2 not selecting anyone. How about selecting people to replace the ones leaving on the same panel? I realize some idiots apply for places they won't go and turn down NCEPT offers (13 this round?). But it's ridiculous no matter how you look at it.
Good for you. Don't turn it into a military versus CTI pissing match. There are good and bad of both. I'm unsure what you're going for by mentioning it but it strikes of OTS/CTI are better.

Ehhh. A lot of direct hires are more than capable to handle more than a 5/6. The FAA sees this, and will continue to send them there. Pump the CTI and OTS kids to the 5/6s.
And the agency has 0 clue which ones are capable. You must be rather new or have only dealt with a small sample size of prev experience hires. The number of VRAs that are absolutely horrible is astonishing.

Good for you. Don't turn it into a military versus CTI pissing match. There are good and bad of both. I'm unsure what you're going for by mentioning it but it strikes of OTS/CTI are better.
He's contradicting DeltaEE's logic of trying to justify prior experience hires being sent to higher level facilities. If I recall, you weren't pleased when a number of prior experience new hires were sent to APA.

He's contradicting DeltaEE's logic of trying to justify prior experience hires being sent to higher level facilities. If I recall, you weren't pleased when a number of prior experience new hires were sent to APA.
Correct. That's not the issue. The issue is posts like the one above yours that insinuate that any given background of hire is better or worse than others. I'd be just as annoyed if they were sent there OTS/CTI out of the academy

I personally feel that background doesn't mean shit. You can do it or you can't. You put in he work or you don't. As said above, and seen in my quote the guy said to pump 5/6 with OTS and CTI like the military direct hires are better. Think you're better off barking at him.

4 out of 5 "crappy military controllers" that I know have got certified at N90.... 3 out of 3 at A80.

But who really cares? This is not a CTI vs military thread. You can do the job or you can't.

I personally don't care where you come from or what you background is. The reason NATCA is dropping the ball is by not supporting the best interests of ALL dues paying members.

4 out of 5 "crappy military controllers" that I know have got certified at N90.... 3 out of 3 at A80.
I'll try to cross-reference when I get to work later to find out how many have been successful, but since 2013, N90 has washed out 31 direct hires. 24 of which didn't progress past the first stage of training. A80 has washed out 4.

Back
Top Bottom