NCEPT Statistics and Tracking Tool

NCEPT Statistics and Tracking Tool 1.2

No permission to download

Bandit117

Forum Sage
After a lot of work and a lot of paper cuts I am proud to present the "NCEPT Placement Tool"

By modifying the PPT spreadsheet it tracks data that the agency has collected and published, but not put into any centralized source or useful format that any of us had access to. I wonder why, it would have been perfectly simple to do so. I am not a big conspiracy person, but it does make you wonder. This shows all of us what is going on with the program. I have not looked at it in great depth yet, but it appears to be a textbook lesson in the law of unintended consequences. There are also a decent number of places no one wants to leave, or they can wait for just the right facility to open up, since they will always have a high staffing percentage.

You can sort by facility type, level, gains, releases, staffing %, training success rate, name etc. The data has been added up and correlated in sections I found relevant. There will be more, but I think its time for a test run, so to speak

Any error in the data is mine, I have done my best to ensure it was counted correctly. If you think I made a mistake let me know, I have the raw data from the panel reports and will happily recheck it and correct any errors if they exist.

Limitations and methods :
N90 and C90 were excluded from NCEPT fairly early on when it came to taking gains, because of the MOU they have. Because of that, they are on the table of data and part of the tabulations but have been left out of the lists. As far as releases go its a nonstarter that if you go to N90 or C90 you're not leaving bc of staffing.

K90 and E10 no longer exist. To account for the gains and losses they had, their numbers were added into the facilities they absorbed or became. Notes are made in the comments section of the table, the additions were very minor.

Some low level places had very high amounts of releases due to 804 consolidation, like ERI and MBS. I couldn't decide how to present this information.

I have no way to incorporate a way to track releases over time. Such as how to show that maybe a facility released 3 in 2016 and 5 in 2017 but none since that time. Any ideas?

I left out mutual swaps. Its not really an ERR even though it is subject to the panel, its omission doesn't really change the data.

I have no access to data about pickup numbers for C90 and N90 outside of the panels they were briefly considered for. If anyone can give me that info, it would be interesting to add it in and see what it looks like.

I have no access to data regarding approved hardships or supervisor deviations. If anyone can get me this data, I would love to add it in, I think that would complete the picture of what is going on, especially at the places that haven't or have just barely let anyone go.

This table does not show if a selection was accepted or declined, only the selections that were made.

This table does not show placement of prior experience hires or academy grads. Obviously 4's and 5's are releasing like crazy, relative to how many people actually work in them and if they arent getting new bodies through ERRs they must be getting them via hiring.

For the future:

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to efficiently track from what to what facility people come from and to. Or even to track say how many level 6's went to a level 10, etc. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know. I plan on updating this as future panels come out.

Gains by level.png

Releases by level.png

gains by fac type.png

Releases by fac type.png

top 20 - Copy.png

These are just a couple of graphs and highlights and whatnot, the data in its entirety is in table format, same as the PPT

Attachments

• NCEPT Placement Tool.xlsx
    871.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Can you do a Top 20 for gains/releases based on proportion to their target number? ZME may have the most total releases but it is a Z with more people after all

Can you do a Top 20 for gains/releases based on proportion? ZME may have the most total releases but it is a Z
that is something that I can do, in a future version of this XLS. something like gains/full staffing or releases over/full staffing. I have to figure out how to present it I guess.

Nice job! Great info
Danke

Does this take into account the people who were selected for other facilities and then turned them down?
No, the panel reports only include selections - to/from. It doesn't show final disposition if the offer was accepted or not. I know AZO had 2 selections but only one accepted offer. If someone can get me this info I am more than happy to include it as another column.

that is something that I can do, in a future version of this XLS. something like gains/full staffing or releases over/full staffing. I have to figure out how to present it I guess.

A facility with 20 total releases and only needing a target of 10 probably got the better end than a facility that has 30 total releases but a target of 200 like at Z’s

A facility with 20 total releases and only needing a target of 10 has probably got the better end than a facility that has 30 total releases but a target of 200 like at Z’s
True, but lets face it, to go to an upper level Z is a career goal for most people. Even if its not the Z you really want to be at, its significantly better than say... BIS.

Bandit117 information in a nice table/chart that can be easily interpreted and deciphered? Your RVP wants to know your location and have a word with you...

Good work though, legit, promote ahead of peers.
I would welcome the conversation. I live in a one party consent state, the mp3 could end up on Spotify. And thank you. Random Bc I have always wondered, Are you part Slovakian or something?

Last edited:
It’d be interesting to see success rates. With all the transfer data now too...

the best I could get was % success Rate, but I don’t know how far back it goes. Is it all historical data or do they drop data after a certain number of years?

Someone somewhere has the percentages and all possible comparisons all recorded in an excruciating level of detail. Now all I have to do is find that person, and possibly seduce them. Unless pushingtin is willing to take one for the team :p

Few questions about the Z's:
Guam
San Juan
Albuquerque ARTCC
New York ARTCC
Oakland ARTCC
Memphis ARTCC
Atlanta ARTCC

So if what I've read from this forum is correct, you have to be at 80% staffing to ERR the "right way" (no hardship/allergy excuses). These are all the enroute centers that have <80% staffing. How does Memphis have 36 released? I assume Atlanta (which has 6) are mostly hardships out.

Also is a 70+% pass rate the norm? I'm looking at ZFW and ZMP as my top choices (I know that there's a very very low chance of them being on the facility list when I get them) but concerned that the pass rates deviate so much.

Also- it looks like most (but not all) of the centers are getting to 80%+ staffing- how does this affect where we can choose to go in the future? Will it just be a "pick whatever facility you want" or "You will go to Guam and San Juan and ZAB" and have no choice in the matter? Or will it be the same as it's always been?

Also: Why does no one want to go to ZAB?

Few questions about the Z's:
Guam
San Juan
Albuquerque ARTCC
New York ARTCC
Oakland ARTCC
Memphis ARTCC
Atlanta ARTCC

So if what I've read from this forum is correct, you have to be at 80% staffing to ERR the "right way" (no hardship/allergy excuses). These are all the enroute centers that have <80% staffing. How does Memphis have 36 released? I assume Atlanta (which has 6) are mostly hardships out.

Also is a 70+% pass rate the norm? I'm looking at ZFW and ZMP as my top choices (I know that there's a very very low chance of them being on the facility list when I get them)

Also- it looks like most (but not all) of the centers are getting to 80%+ staffing- how does this affect where we can choose to go in the future? Will it just be a "pick whatever facility you want" or "You will go to Guam and San Juan and ZAB" and have no choice in the matter? Or will it be the same as it's always been?
That staffing is based on right now, what’s on this priority placement Tool. The rest is historical data. I added it Bc if you look at a place Like BIS, you can see that the staffing is piss poor, and since they are 0/0 gains/releases you can infer that it has always been poor.
I define poor staffing as being unable to release

Can't speak to the rest of your questions, but for this one... these are historical data. At one point ZME had a lot of people there, enough that they could let some go. 36 people got released. Now they're under 80% again.

Can't speak to the rest of your questions, but for this one... these are historical data. At one point ZME had a lot of people there, enough that they could let some go. 36 people got released. Now they're under 80% again.
So is the system designed to never hit 90%? Aren't you basically blocked from ERR if your facility is below 80% staffing?

Back
Top Bottom