NEST Nest Questions

refkid

Anyone recently been through the NEST process, or is otherwise familiar with it, that could answer a few questions? Thanks!

Anyone recently been through the NEST process, or is otherwise familiar with it, that could answer a few questions? Thanks!
In it right now currently waiting for my list. What questions do you have? You can answer a lot on your own by going to the KSN site and reading the SOP and MOU's. There is also a Q & A in there. I can tell you from experience that the AJG P21 office is completely un helpful when asking any questions. .

Same page as NCEPT but click on NEST. SOPs are on the left side of the screen under "resources".
TAC Portal - Error

The most recent panel ran on 9/6. Turn around time according to the Q & A is 1 business week so NEST folks should be getting a list today or Friday at the latest.

In it right now currently waiting for my list. What questions do you have? You can answer a lot on your own by going to the KSN site and reading the SOP and MOU's. There is also a Q & A in there. I can tell you from experience that the AJG P21 office is completely un helpful when asking any questions. .

Same page as NCEPT but click on NEST. SOPs are on the left side of the screen under "resources".
TAC Portal - Error

The most recent panel ran on 9/6. Turn around time according to the Q & A is 1 business week so NEST folks should be getting a list today or Friday at the latest.
So much for the 1 week turn around time. I have now e-mail the POC in D.C. and 4 others in the central service area listed on the NEST KSN site. The D.C. POC deflected and told me that I should hear something soon. Two of the central service area people ignored me and the other two told me that my ATM would "be better able to assist me in answering my questions". I find that hard to believe considering I asked questions to the people directly involved in the program. Today is day 23 since the panel ran and I still do NOT have a list of facilities. My FACREP got an e-mail two weeks ago from Micky Do-Little Devine stating that I was retained and to expect level 5 and below facilities. There is no transparency in the NEST program and it seems like no one can answer any questions.

So much for the 1 week turn around time. I have now e-mail the POC in D.C. and 4 others in the central service area listed on the NEST KSN site. The D.C. POC deflected and told me that I should hear something soon. Two of the central service area people ignored me and the other two told me that my ATM would "be better able to assist me in answering my questions". I find that hard to believe considering I asked questions to the people directly involved in the program. Today is day 23 since the panel ran and I still do NOT have a list of facilities. My FACREP got an e-mail two weeks ago from Micky Do-Little Devine stating that I was retained and to expect level 5 and below facilities. There is no transparency in the NEST program and it seems like no one can answer any questions.
The union telling you the retention outcome and specifically what to expect sounds pretty transparent. HQ missing timelines is nothing new. The whole building is a scam.

The union telling you the retention outcome and specifically what to expect sounds pretty transparent. HQ missing timelines is nothing new. The whole building is a scam.
This is true, assuming Mick told you the truth you got about as good as news as you could expect as quick as you could reasonably expect.

HQ and HR are trash and as a in limbo training failure you are basically the lowest priority in the ATO other then the MMPI Tier 2 suckers. Plus HQ is preparing for their free vacation with the shut down and has been all week, so I guarantee no paper was pushed this week.

This is true, assuming Mick told you the truth you got about as good as news as you could expect as quick as you could reasonably expect.

HQ and HR are trash and as a in limbo training failure you are basically the lowest priority in the ATO other then the MMPI Tier 2 suckers. Plus HQ is preparing for their free vacation with the shut down and has been all week, so I guarantee no paper was pushed this week.
haha. The frustration of when I worked at HQ as an essential employee and had to hear the non-essential ppl go "how was your break from covid? mine was lovely". Me: what break??? They love them shutdowns there.

Fwiw, I am essential, there is more noise in a grave yard than here currently. Saying this as I sit on the second floor sipping my Gatorade. Your sentiments really strike a cord though and are not inaccurate.

The transparency I was referring to is how the decisions are made at HQ and getting answers from the people listed on the NEST team on KSN. Telling me to expect 4 and 5 level facilities is specific to one of my questions but how they determined which facilities is not clear. There were 69 facilities under 100% on the PPT. I was offered 45, which is awesome, but I'd still like to know how they arrived at 45. I found out that the delay in processing was due to their supreme leader being on leave and a few discrepancies with some of the NEST'ers. I returned my list yesterday. The memo said " You will not be considered for placement at a facility that is not ranked" so I did not rank all 45. Hopefully they can get everything processed in time for the end of this CR and then I'll sit and wait again.

The transparency I was referring to is how the decisions are made at HQ and getting answers from the people listed on the NEST team on KSN. Telling me to expect 4 and 5 level facilities is specific to one of my questions but how they determined which facilities is not clear. There were 69 facilities under 100% on the PPT. I was offered 45, which is awesome, but I'd still like to know how they arrived at 45. I found out that the delay in processing was due to their supreme leader being on leave and a few discrepancies with some of the NEST'ers. I returned my list yesterday. The memo said " You will not be considered for placement at a facility that is not ranked" so I did not rank all 45. Hopefully they can get everything processed in time for the end of this CR and then I'll sit and wait again.
On the most recent PPT, approx 44 of the level 4 and 5 facs are projected under 90% so maybe they narrowed the scope to only those facilities. There's enough facilities really hurting out there, it would make more sense to send you to a place projected under 90% than it would for a place under 100%, while still giving you a wide variety of places to choose from. That would be my best guess.

On the most recent PPT, approx 44 of the level 4 and 5 facs are projected under 90% so maybe they narrowed the scope to only those facilities. There's enough facilities really hurting out there, it would make more sense to send you to a place projected under 90% than it would for a place under 100%, while still giving you a wide variety of places to choose from. That would be my best guess.

I thought they made it not too long ago, every facility under 100% projected now? Instead of under the national average

I thought they made it not too long ago, every facility under 100% projected now? Instead of under the national average
I think it was/is supposed to be like that but that's the only rational explanation I have for why they only have 45 places on their nest list as opposed to every single level 4 and 5 under 100% projected. Would be more helpful if they posted their actual list to see if there's any correlation.

Hey everybody, what are the chance of someone coming from a level 10 center and washing out with sectors getting a low level facility? Do letters of recommendation even make a difference to the panel?

CPC-IT currently at a 12 TRACON, coming from a 6 up down. Looking at withdrawing from training, just over my head at a 12. Have certified on a few positions so far. Does anyone have any current info on how lists look for cpc-it withdrawals? Are they hard and fast with only offering 5 facilities?

CPC-IT currently at a 12 TRACON, coming from a 6 up down. Looking at withdrawing from training, just over my head at a 12. Have certified on a few positions so far. Does anyone have any current info on how lists look for cpc-it withdrawals? Are they hard and fast with only offering 5 facilities?
You could fast track back to your LVL6 if that’s a better option than gambling on a list.

If you withdraw your will only get five facilities. If you wash you will get more
If you get a bigger list (more than 5) do they treat it like a prior exp hire list and have you rack/stack them in hopes you’ll get one at the top, or do you just pick one and get it?

Back
Top Bottom