New ATCS Hire, Placement After Academy

If you went en route can you transition to terminal at some point?
Yup. After certifying you can apply to any facility (ERR). You can also file an ERR as a trainee but it is almost never allowed. Or you can bid management scum as a trainee lol. Seen some of those go through.

Hi everyone! Just received my TOL, and I know I’m still probably a year out from Academy, but I was wondering how likely it would be to go to a certain area after graduation. I’m hoping to be able to stay somewhat near where I live now, for the sake of my wife and her family.

I already have a general understanding of the situation for graduates, but how likely would it be that I could return to the PA area after academy? Hoping for Harrisburg International (MDT), Reading (RDG), or nearby.
Good luck, we were hoping for ANY tower in texas to be close to family/friends/and my husband already had job offers and we got Nevada

No one knows for sure. They’re filling a ton of slots pretty quickly so probably won’t last for long. ZJX is likely way more appealing for people to volunteer for vs. those other options.
I’m guessing it prob won’t be an option by the time my class gets done at the end of October.

Back
Top Bottom