New Mandatory Mask Wearing MOU is out.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

No argument that masks contain aerosolized particles. What I take issue with is that there has been an unprecedented disruption to quality of life and the economy wrecked for a decade if not longer for what essentially amounts to a .1% mortality rate within my age group effected from a reactionary and exceptionally heavy-handed response. Not to mention having to deal with this whiny "comply or die" attitude.

You know what? I dont give a shit that your grandma is at risk, because my mom and brother and countless friends have been unemployed for 4 months now, along with tens of millions of others, and guess who that tax burden is going to fall to? Is my mom going to have to move in with me if the unemployment payments stop when nobody cares next year but the economy is still wrecked and she cant make ends meet? If I dont get furloughed that is, because I'm in training status.

You're welcome to wear a mask when you deliver granny's groceries if you like, that's your prerogative.

I mean, maybe, just maybe, if everyone wore a mask at appropriate times then things would be able to open enough that people could go back to work not only quicker but safely.

Also that quote doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Last edited:
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

No argument that masks contain aerosolized particles. What I take issue with is that there has been an unprecedented disruption to quality of life and the economy wrecked for a decade if not longer for what essentially amounts to a .1% mortality rate within my age group effected from a reactionary and exceptionally heavy-handed response. Not to mention having to deal with this whiny "comply or die" attitude.

You know what? I dont give a shit that your grandma is at risk, because my mom and brother and countless friends have been unemployed for 4 months now, along with tens of millions of others, and guess who that tax burden is going to fall to? Is my mom going to have to move in with me if the unemployment payments stop when nobody cares next year but the economy is still wrecked and she cant make ends meet? If I dont get furloughed that is, because I'm in training status.

You're welcome to wear a mask when you deliver granny's groceries if you like, that's your prerogative.

"I will not wear your fears". ?

I'm fucking sorry that I'm so mean to hurt your little fee-fees about wearing a mask.

I'm fucking sorry that it's such a trampling of your rights that you have to wear a face covering in public. Obviously this is 100% different from having to wear a crotch covering in public. You do come to work nude, I expect?

I'm fucking sorry that you care more about your virtue signaling contrarian attitude than the two hundred FUCKING thousand more Americans who have died this year than the projections would have predicted.

I'm fucking glad that no one you care about has died from this virus yet. I assume they haven't because I imagine that otherwise you'd have a little more respect for the rest of us by trying to keep everyone from getting sick. Of course I could be giving you too much credit, maybe someone you love has died already and you just can't be bothered to give two shits.

Do I see you as inferior? In some ways absofuckinglutely. I bet you're a better controller than me. I bet you drive a nicer car. You're probably more settled in your life and career, I admit I'm still just setting out. But in terms of such things as "listening to the science" and "understanding how communicable respiratory diseases spread" and "wanting to protect my coworkers and community, and hoping they would want to protect me" yes I feel fucking superior to you.
96FE956B-A3E4-4EE8-931C-CB87EFE6BCC5.gif

Back
Top Bottom