Omnicron

Are we ducked?

• So ducked, stay on regular schedule.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Not ducked, but where’s my 5 on 5 off?

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • What’s Omnicron?

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • This is the most FAA poll ever

Votes: 37 28.2%

• Total voters
I was exposed to someone at work. Got sick and had symptoms 4 days later- tested positive. Filed a CA-1. My manager said my SL will be reimbursed and changed to excused.

So, I had to request advanced sick leave because I’m new to the FAA, and only had so much. Is this reimbursed via check or are they going to add sick leave back. I’m so confused. Would rather not be in the hole than receive a check for sick leave.

And before all you D weeds attack… and tell me everything I did wrong. I’m on AG. It’s expensive to live ANYWHERE in the US right now. I need all my dolla’s.

I also am filing a claim because I MOST definitely got it from work. A guy sitting next to me tested positive prior to me showing symptoms and then testing positive. And the building I work in is currently a covid cesspool.

And before all you D weeds attack…
FoR yOu ThEy MiGhT jUsT lEt YoU gO… /s

But seriously, the FAA is full of d weeds. What will happen is, you will get all sick leave back via your pay stub. So even if you show sick leave taken from your balance, when the CA1 goes through, they will restore said leave you have taken.

They aren’t gonna pay you more/less.

But seriously, the FAA is full of d weeds. What will happen is, you will get all sick leave back via your pay stub. So even if you show sick leave taken from your balance, when the CA1 goes through, they will restore said leave you have taken.

Don’t tempt me with a good time. And thanks!

What this guy said

There’s a specific form you can file with DOL that puts you in a continuation of pay status so they can’t take your sick leave. I can’t remember what it is but if you get Covid tell your manager to put you in that status and then call your RVP for guidance on that process. They can’t take your sick leave if you do it that way. I think that form has to be filed within 30 days of testing positive and still requires the CA1.

Last edited:
There’s a specific form you can file with DOL that puts you in a continuation of pay status so they can’t take your sick leave. I can’t remember what it is but if you get Covid tell your manager to put you in that status and then call your RVP for guidance on that process. They can’t take your sick leave if you do it that way. I think that form has to be filed within 30 days of testing positive and still requires the CA1.
“If you test positive for covid-19 now or in the future, you should go to ecomp.dol.gov and fill out an OSHA-301 (first) and then Form CA-1 within 30 days of your test result.”

1. Get the .gov email address of your supervisor of record and let a manager know that you intend to file a Form CA-1 for covid-19. While they should know to do this regardless, it’s probably a good idea to remind them to show you on continuation of pay instead of sick leave for at least the next 10 calendar days.

That psycho is gonna think I reported him. But I didn’t
Nah man. I reported you ?. Jk yeah that guy was going wild. I decided to stay out of that one

Once you file a CA-1, how exactly do you get your sick leave back afterwards?
Here’s there process I believe,

Take sick leave
File CA-1
Go back to work
HR gets information you filed CA-1
It’s approved
Pay stub reflects reimbursement

Fine print: I’ve never done it. Assumptions because nobody else responded

Nah man. I reported you ?. Jk yeah that guy was going wild. I decided to stay out of that one

Here’s there process I believe,

Take sick leave
File CA-1
Go back to work
HR gets information you filed CA-1
It’s approved
Pay stub reflects reimbursement

Fine print: I’ve never done it. Assumptions because nobody else responded
CA-1 is only if you think you caught it at work?

Don’t take sick. Do this:

OWCP: Continuation of Pay (COP) For Your Recovery
If you test positive for Covid-19 now or in the future, you should go to ecomp.dol.gov and fill out an OSHA-301 and Form CA-1 as soon as possible. If you are experiencing symptoms, we recommend that you get tested for Covid-19 by a healthcare professional, instead of an at-home/DIY Covid-19 test, both for accuracy and reducing the possibility of your claim being challenged by DOL.

If you file a CA-1 within 30 days of your date of injury/illness, you get as many as 45 days of Continuation of Pay (COP) from the time of your test result to the time that you are cleared to return to work by your physician and the Regional Flight Surgeon. Continuation of pay means that the FAA will pay you normally, instead of forcing you to take your own leave for your recovery. Your date of injury/illness is your last duty day before your positive test result.

If you don’t file a CA-1 within 30 days, you can convert your sick leave to LWOP and get partial repayment for it as a wage loss claim once your Form CA-1 has been accepted. 100% of your base pay up front or a lot of steps to get 50-70% of your sick leave’s value as a lump sum later. Contact your Regional OWCP Representative (http://www.natca.org/committees/owcp) if you have any questions.

Quick guide to ECOMP
  1. Get the .gov email address of your supervisor of record and let a manager know that you intend to file a Form CA-1 for covid-19. While they should know to do this regardless, it’s probably a good idea to remind them to show you on continuation of pay instead of sick leave for at least the next 10 calendar days.
  2. Go to ECOMP.dol.gov in your Web browser.
  3. Register for an account using a personal email address and verify your registration in the follow-up email. (Skip if you already have an account.)
  4. Sign in with the username and password you created during the registration process.
  5. Create an OSHA-301, which notifies OSHA of an injury in a federal workplace. As of this moment, DOL’s workflow forces us to file an OSHA-301 before we can file a CA-1.
  6. Create a CA-1. DOL has created a special CA-1 for covid-19 cases, so use that. For grade and step, enter what you see under “Pay Plan” and “Grade” found on your LES (e.g., grade “AT,” step “LH” for a CPC at an ATC-12 facility). The date of injury will be your last duty day before your positive covid-19 test. The nature of injury is “covid-19 infection,” and the cause of injury is “exposure to covid-19 at work.” Select “Continuation of pay” on the last page where you are given the option to sign and file your CA-1 electronically, if you are filing within 30 days of your positive test result.
  7. During the process of filing or after filing your claim, upload a copy of your positive test result for covid-19.
  8. Check your claim status in ECOMP at least once a day, until you see that (a) your supervisor has submitted his part to agency review, and (b) DOL has created a case file for it. If your supervisor wants you to correct something in your CA-1, your supervisor can send it back to you for correction and re-submission.
  9. Check your mail regularly for correspondence from DOL. If your claim is not accepted or if you have questions regardless, please contact your Regional OWCP Representative or the National OWCP Representative.

What a world when a slight cough or sore throat or literally anything that is a symptom of COVID can force you out of work for 10 days. If you follow the guidelines for the self check before entering the facility nobody would be at work. That’s the joke.
Yah the whole thing has gotten pretty dumb.

Back
Top Bottom