OT list not followed

Duckbutter

So I know the remedy if you get skipped on the OT list but what if it’s the other way around? I am scheduled to work OT a few weeks in a row and they’ve skipped someone else and I don’t want to work one of the shifts.

Solution
Your old facility's MOU in not in compliance with the CBA. My old facility was handling it the same. Facrep insisted it was permitted. I disagreed, and so did the RVP. Then it got fixed.

Two consecutive or non-consecutive weeks including RDOs means any two seven consecutive calenday day periods OR any single period of 14 consecutive days (7 days + 7 days).

When either of those periods start is at the discretion of the employee.

Example: Any employee, regardless of crew assignment, would be allowed to bid from August 1 through August 14.

That same employee could also bid from August 10 through the 16 and from Nov 20 through Nov 26. Doesn't matter where his/her RDOs fall.

All seven-day periods would be protected from OT assignment...
Article 24 section 8
That doesn’t necessarily mean the rdo before and after your leave is protected from OT though. My old facility’s MOU specified that BUEs had to choose either the two RDOs before your prime leave or the two after when bidding their leave. My current facility doesn’t even ask or seem aware of the “protected” RDO thing in the contract

Your old facility's MOU in not in compliance with the CBA. My old facility was handling it the same. Facrep insisted it was permitted. I disagreed, and so did the RVP. Then it got fixed.

Two consecutive or non-consecutive weeks including RDOs means any two seven consecutive calenday day periods OR any single period of 14 consecutive days (7 days + 7 days).

When either of those periods start is at the discretion of the employee.

Example: Any employee, regardless of crew assignment, would be allowed to bid from August 1 through August 14.

That same employee could also bid from August 10 through the 16 and from Nov 20 through Nov 26. Doesn't matter where his/her RDOs fall.

All seven-day periods would be protected from OT assignment. Please note that any of those period may span across RDOs.

This matter was settled at arbitration by the Mediation to Finality Panel in 2009 shortly before the Red Book was implemented.

Any facility that doesn't handle it as described above is doing it wrong. Have your Facrep call your RVP if that's the case, or reach out to your RVP yourself.

Solution
You should be afforded the option to select any consecutive 7-days to be in compliance with the CBA as well as the arbitrator's decision.

Yiu could start the 7-day period on your second RDO through your first RDO and those RDOs would be protected but the preceding 1st and following 2nd RDOs would not, if that makes sense.

The Agency was arguing that a week meant a "workweek" depending on what crew the BUE was on. The Agency also argued that spanning RDOs would constitute two weeks for PTL purposes.

The arbitrator disagreed and sided with NATCA.

My facility 100% does it wrong. They get very angry if you try to bid an RDO slot.

When you are bidding the full 2 weeks (7 days each) does that take 14 of your leave days away or only 10? I earn 20 days so would I bid 6 or 10 more days on later rounds?

My facility 100% does it wrong. They get very angry if you try to bid an RDO slot.

When you are bidding the full 2 weeks (7 days each) does that take 14 of your leave days away or only 10? I earn 20 days so would I bid 6 or 10 more days on later rounds?
You don’t actually bid the RDOs. Just the consecutive 5 days. The contract is written so you don’t need to. However if you were to try and get the two days off in front of your prime time you’d probably have to get in touch with the scheduler or Sup as it gets closer to being published, but I’ve never heard of doing it that way.

You don’t actually bid the RDOs. Just the consecutive 5 days.

I just want to clarify that the five workdays do not necessarily have to be consecutive. The CBA defines a week as a "period of seven consecutive days including RDO."

Any BUE, regardless of crew assignment is permitted to bid from August 1 through August 14 in the example I gave. Depending on crew assignment, the five days may not be consecutive.

Nothing in the contract mandates that the "week" of PTL has to coincide with the BUE's "workweek", i.e. five consecutive workdays. It is a period of ANY seven consecutive days. The employee gets to decide when the 7-day period starts. You count seven calendar days from the first day you pick, which will automatically include two (or three, if you work 4-10's) RDOs. This matter was settled at arbitration. Individual facilities cannot overrule that decision.

A BUE with Wed/Thu RDOs bids two weeks of PTL as follows:

1) Two consecutive weeks from 08/01/21 through and including 08/14/21
WEEK ONE: From Sun, 08/01 to Sat, 08/07: PTL, PTL, PTL, RDO, RDO, PTL, PTL
WEEK TWO: From Sun, 08/08 to Sat, 08/14: PTL, PTL, PTL, RDO, RDO, PTL, PTL

OR

2) Two non-consecutive weeks from 08/10/21 through and including 08/16/2021, and from 11/20/2021 through and including 11/26/2021
WEEK ONE: From Tue, 08/10 to Mon, 08/16: PTL, RDO, RDO, PTL, PTL, PTL, PTL
WEEK TWO: From Sat, 11/20 to Fri 11/26: PTL, PTL, PTL, PTL, RDO, RDO, PTL

The examples given above are in compliance with the CBA and the Mediation to Finality Panel decision concerning two consecutive or non-consecutive weeks of Prime Time Leave.

So if employee has Monday-Friday PTL technically they only get the Sunday before and Saturday after off and anything else is fair game for OT? I actually just got assigned a OT shift also on a Saturday where the other person got passed over…

You guys make this so damn complicated.

It’s easy. I want 10/9-10/15 for my leave. That’s 7 days. It’s not what the pay period is.

The agency will “try” to protect you from being assigned OT, there’s still a possibility.

Tell me where I interpret this article wrong

You guys make this so damn complicated.

It’s easy. I want 10/9-10/15 for my leave. That’s 7 days. It’s not what the pay period is.

The agency will “try” to protect you from being assigned OT, there’s still a possibility.

Tell me where I interpret this article wrong
I just don’t understand how and why it’s 7 and not 9. 2 RDO’s followed by 5 days of leave followed by 2 RDO’s…..

But these keyboard warriors know better than the higher ups in the union, yet don’t understand what 7 days means and still want to renegotiate out contract. SMH.
I’m the keyboard warrior today. It literally says in a post above the words of the contract. It says a week being defined as 7 days.
I just don’t understand how and why it’s 7 and not 9. 2 RDO’s followed by 5 days of leave followed by 2 RDO’s…..
Look up. A week is 7 days. Contract defines that.

But these keyboard warriors know better than the higher ups in the union, yet don’t understand what 7 days means and still want to renegotiate out contract. SMH.
Maybe our union should do classes on the slate book. Instead we get one handed to us after “voluntarily” signing up for the union and are left to our own interpretations…

Maybe our union should do classes on the slate book. Instead we get one handed to us after “voluntarily” signing up for the union and are left to our own interpretations…

There are classes all the time, check the website or they're occasionally in the emails but I rarely read those

This is one of those rare occasions where it's entirely your fault and not the unions lmao

There are classes all the time, check the website or they're occasionally in the emails but I rarely read those
This is one of those rare occasions where it's entirely your fault and not the unions lmao

I simply said I don’t understand the slate book why is that bad? Just trying to get clarification on what’s going on and if my local is abiding to the rules from the internet gods you all are…..

I simply said I don’t understand the slate book why is that bad? Just trying to get clarification on what’s going on and if my local is abiding to the rules from the internet gods you all are…..
Apology accepted

This is a really weird way to just simply say "I don’t understand the slate book" but I'm an internet god and rarely understand the tone behind the posts of the peasantry

Back
Top Bottom