OT list not followed

Duckbutter

So I know the remedy if you get skipped on the OT list but what if it’s the other way around? I am scheduled to work OT a few weeks in a row and they’ve skipped someone else and I don’t want to work one of the shifts.

Solution
Your old facility's MOU in not in compliance with the CBA. My old facility was handling it the same. Facrep insisted it was permitted. I disagreed, and so did the RVP. Then it got fixed.

Two consecutive or non-consecutive weeks including RDOs means any two seven consecutive calenday day periods OR any single period of 14 consecutive days (7 days + 7 days).

When either of those periods start is at the discretion of the employee.

Example: Any employee, regardless of crew assignment, would be allowed to bid from August 1 through August 14.

That same employee could also bid from August 10 through the 16 and from Nov 20 through Nov 26. Doesn't matter where his/her RDOs fall.

All seven-day periods would be protected from OT assignment...
what about the article that says you can’t be assigned OT if you can’t do it? Wouldn’t bring in a different state on your RDOs make it so you can’t do it?
I think the original question was more related to it being scheduled ahead of time.

The "no" list is where it's at! If I get a OT call I know they are hurting for a body. I answer the call and start negotiating for triple time, if they don't bend to my will I tell them I've been drinking for the past few hours so I can't be charged hours, pro move.

The "no" list is where it's at! If I get a OT call I know they are hurting for a body. I answer the call and start negotiating for triple time, if they don't bend to my will I tell them I've been drinking for the past few hours so I can't be charged hours, pro move.
That works where you aren’t scheduled six day work weeks. Plus you want to answer and say no so they add eight hours to your time for denying it.

That works where you aren’t scheduled six day work weeks. Plus you want to answer and say no so they add eight hours to your time for denying it.
This is true, once your facility starts scheduling OT you are hosed. Work the OT day and bang out another but once your out of SL you're really up a creek.

As far as having the hours added I kinda like the little game I have going on with screwing with mgmt. If you are really feeling spry on your next mid shift log into wmt and just change your ph number, something that just rings and rings, no VM.

Back
Top Bottom