OT list not followed

Duckbutter

So I know the remedy if you get skipped on the OT list but what if it’s the other way around? I am scheduled to work OT a few weeks in a row and they’ve skipped someone else and I don’t want to work one of the shifts.

Solution
Your old facility's MOU in not in compliance with the CBA. My old facility was handling it the same. Facrep insisted it was permitted. I disagreed, and so did the RVP. Then it got fixed.

Two consecutive or non-consecutive weeks including RDOs means any two seven consecutive calenday day periods OR any single period of 14 consecutive days (7 days + 7 days).

When either of those periods start is at the discretion of the employee.

Example: Any employee, regardless of crew assignment, would be allowed to bid from August 1 through August 14.

That same employee could also bid from August 10 through the 16 and from Nov 20 through Nov 26. Doesn't matter where his/her RDOs fall.

All seven-day periods would be protected from OT assignment...
You should be afforded the option to select any consecutive 7-days to be in compliance with the CBA as well as the arbitrator's decision.

Yiu could start the 7-day period on your second RDO through your first RDO and those RDOs would be protected but the preceding 1st and following 2nd RDOs would not, if that makes sense.

The Agency was arguing that a week meant a "workweek" depending on what crew the BUE was on. The Agency also argued that spanning RDOs would constitute two weeks for PTL purposes.

The arbitrator disagreed and sided with NATCA.

My facility 100% does it wrong. They get very angry if you try to bid an RDO slot.

When you are bidding the full 2 weeks (7 days each) does that take 14 of your leave days away or only 10? I earn 20 days so would I bid 6 or 10 more days on later rounds?

My facility 100% does it wrong. They get very angry if you try to bid an RDO slot.

When you are bidding the full 2 weeks (7 days each) does that take 14 of your leave days away or only 10? I earn 20 days so would I bid 6 or 10 more days on later rounds?
You don’t actually bid the RDOs. Just the consecutive 5 days. The contract is written so you don’t need to. However if you were to try and get the two days off in front of your prime time you’d probably have to get in touch with the scheduler or Sup as it gets closer to being published, but I’ve never heard of doing it that way.

So if employee has Monday-Friday PTL technically they only get the Sunday before and Saturday after off and anything else is fair game for OT? I actually just got assigned a OT shift also on a Saturday where the other person got passed over…

You guys make this so damn complicated.

It’s easy. I want 10/9-10/15 for my leave. That’s 7 days. It’s not what the pay period is.

The agency will “try” to protect you from being assigned OT, there’s still a possibility.

Tell me where I interpret this article wrong

You guys make this so damn complicated.

It’s easy. I want 10/9-10/15 for my leave. That’s 7 days. It’s not what the pay period is.

The agency will “try” to protect you from being assigned OT, there’s still a possibility.

Tell me where I interpret this article wrong
I just don’t understand how and why it’s 7 and not 9. 2 RDO’s followed by 5 days of leave followed by 2 RDO’s…..

But these keyboard warriors know better than the higher ups in the union, yet don’t understand what 7 days means and still want to renegotiate out contract. SMH.
I’m the keyboard warrior today. It literally says in a post above the words of the contract. It says a week being defined as 7 days.
I just don’t understand how and why it’s 7 and not 9. 2 RDO’s followed by 5 days of leave followed by 2 RDO’s…..
Look up. A week is 7 days. Contract defines that.

But these keyboard warriors know better than the higher ups in the union, yet don’t understand what 7 days means and still want to renegotiate out contract. SMH.
Maybe our union should do classes on the slate book. Instead we get one handed to us after “voluntarily” signing up for the union and are left to our own interpretations…

Maybe our union should do classes on the slate book. Instead we get one handed to us after “voluntarily” signing up for the union and are left to our own interpretations…

There are classes all the time, check the website or they're occasionally in the emails but I rarely read those

This is one of those rare occasions where it's entirely your fault and not the unions lmao

There are classes all the time, check the website or they're occasionally in the emails but I rarely read those
This is one of those rare occasions where it's entirely your fault and not the unions lmao

I simply said I don’t understand the slate book why is that bad? Just trying to get clarification on what’s going on and if my local is abiding to the rules from the internet gods you all are…..

I simply said I don’t understand the slate book why is that bad? Just trying to get clarification on what’s going on and if my local is abiding to the rules from the internet gods you all are…..
Apology accepted

This is a really weird way to just simply say "I don’t understand the slate book" but I'm an internet god and rarely understand the tone behind the posts of the peasantry

what about the article that says you can’t be assigned OT if you can’t do it? Wouldn’t bring in a different state on your RDOs make it so you can’t do it?
I think the original question was more related to it being scheduled ahead of time.

The "no" list is where it's at! If I get a OT call I know they are hurting for a body. I answer the call and start negotiating for triple time, if they don't bend to my will I tell them I've been drinking for the past few hours so I can't be charged hours, pro move.
That works where you aren’t scheduled six day work weeks. Plus you want to answer and say no so they add eight hours to your time for denying it.

Back
Top Bottom