Pay for TOP

If only the good die young, and there are no good managers, then through the transitive property, does this mean that no managers die young?

whoa. need to ponder this over a few more cocktails ?

giphy.gif

Would you be for or against having a pay differential for actual time on position and time on break?

Mostly asking people at facilities where breaks are a little more frequent (30-60mins on position before break).

I only ask because I see about half the controllers in my area will take every break offered, while the other half longer stints.
What a dumb fucking thing to say

Lol, no I am not the hero type, nor do I think I’m better because I sit a little longer. Personally I don’t break much just because breaks make my day drag on more than it does when working airplanes. I was just curious if anyone cares about people taking breaks, because I heard some seasoned controllers complaining about it and it got me thinking.

What level facility do you work at and are you certified?

I don't have a problem with people taking breaks, but what I do have a problem with is people who just got checked out taking every break. I think when you get certified you gotta pay your dues and talk to planes. You don't get any better by being on break.

Disagree. Everyone that wants to get better will get better, and like someone said earlier the planes will be there when they get back. Pay your dues to who? Just because you did it doesn't mean it makes sense. You got tricked into taking less breaks when you got checked out. You don't get to keep rain checks for those, they're gone and nobody needs to skip breaks to help you cash them in now.

I'm sure they took plenty of shit in training, they deserve those breaks as much as anyone now.

Pay your dues to who? Just because you did it doesn't mean it makes sense. You got tricked into taking less breaks when you got checked out.

Sounds like this Level 11 center has a toxic culture where the trainees get hazed and manipulated. I hope they didn't have him washing their cars and going on daily lunch runs!

What else do they to to you guys KingKong?

Sounds like this Level 11 center has a toxic culture where the trainees get hazed and manipulated. I hope they didn't have him washing their cars and going on daily lunch runs!

So you're saying there are places without a toxic culture towards training?

I don't have a problem with people taking breaks, but what I do have a problem with is people who just got checked out taking every break. I think when you get certified you gotta pay your dues and talk to planes. You don't get any better by being on break.

Screw this. Every CPC should take every break offered and if they don’t, get over it when someone else does. New checkouts have the rest of their career to improve, no need to force feed it to them.

Some people are never satisfied. “I’ll learn your name when you certify” type shit, when is it enough? Next you’ll be saying, “I’ve been a CPC twenty years so you need to work twenty years before you take normal breaks”
It gets ridiculous.

Oh yea I washed all their cars and more....many, many unspeakable things that haunt me to this day.

Back
Top Bottom