Pay for TOP

I don't have a problem with people taking breaks, but what I do have a problem with is people who just got checked out taking every break. I think when you get certified you gotta pay your dues and talk to planes. You don't get any better by being on break.
Pay your dues to who is right? The 50 year old CPC at the Level 11 center I started at who drove a Chevy S10 because he was divorced 3 times so his big income gets split 3 or 4 ways? Pay the dues to the fucker who says “don’t take a extra day off until you are checked out” coming from a guy who grew up in the literal same town as the center and don’t get that most people move across the country and can have best fiends getting married or relatives dying they occasional need a week off to go see? Or sometimes the assholes who say to pay your dues at people who have been CPC for 60 days and already evolved their god complex. Also most of the people I have heard “pay your dues” from are some of the lowest IQ in the Agency common sense idiots who got blessed with the gift to be able to do the blue collar skill of ATC because if they didn’t they would be an assistant produce manager at Publix for $12 a hour.

So this ain’t 100% directed at you but 98% of the people who drop the “pay your dues” line can go wipe their ass with it. If they expect me or anyone else with self respect to kiss that set of rings I just described it don’t always work that way.

Pay your dues to who is right? The 50 year old CPC at the Level 11 center I started at who drove a Chevy S10 because he was divorced 3 times so his big income gets split 3 or 4 ways? Pay the dues to the fucker who says “don’t take a extra day off until you are checked out” coming from a guy who grew up in the literal same town as the center and don’t get that most people move across the country and can have best fiends getting married or relatives dying they occasional need a week off to go see? Or sometimes the assholes who say to pay your dues at people who have been CPC for 60 days and already evolved their god complex. Also most of the people I have heard “pay your dues” from are some of the lowest IQ in the Agency common sense idiots who got blessed with the gift to be able to do the blue collar skill of ATC because if they didn’t they would be an assistant produce manager at Publix for $12 a hour.

So this ain’t 100% directed at you but 98% of the people who drop the “pay your dues” line can go wipe their ass with it. If they expect me or anyone else with self respect to kiss that set of rings I just described it don’t always work that way.

Mmmmmm Publix hoagies

LMFAO @ the jimmies getting rustled over the mere suggestion that somebody should skip a break

"Mere suggestion of skipping a break" is a pretty simplified reduction of the original statement.

CPC is a CPC, saying a newly certified person shouldn't be able to take the breaks available to them is pretty egotistical. The same people probably contribute to the shitty training culture which treats Dev/CPC-ITs like shit until they certify, but then suggesting they should continue to he treated like shit since they're somehow unequal to you even as a CPC.

I'll skip a break to facilitate training, because another body means more spot leave, and for one of my trainers.

I set an arbitrary amount of time that I 'owe' my trainers once I checked out. I'll do what I can to keep them on break until I run through that time. That's just me though. You do you.

If you want to take a break, take a break. If you want to soak up traffic, do that. Who cares? The more concerning thing should be that I’m sure a lot of facilities are working under staffing guidelines, even with OTs and either the traffic warrants, or the supe directs having every sector split out with one person in break list. 9 or more on position and one on break. By they time you get offered a break you’re at or over 2 hours TOP. That should be the problem. Not people taking breaks

Every person gets the opportunity to take a break. If you decide to skip that’s on you. Doesn’t mean you should get paid more. Because you TOO were offered that break. What if you just sat there for 3 hours and worked less traffic than one other person did in 30 minutes at another sector ? Who gets the premium now.

Why do so many people spend so much wasted energy on what other people do? I couldn't give a shit if you pass or if you go. However, I'll say this...if you're asking for a break when you're really busy then either finish it or get the hell out of the way. There is nothing worse than a 5 minute briefing.

Why do so many people spend so much wasted energy on what other people do? I couldn't give a shit if you pass or if you go. However, I'll say this...if you're asking for a break when you're really busy then either finish it or get the hell out of the way. There is nothing worse than a 5 minute briefing.

OMG the long briefing guys are the worst. and then in the middle of their marathon they feel the need to stop and make stupid little transmissions to "clean up" whatever it is theyre doing. Meanwhile guys need descending, resequencing properly, about to blow through final, handoffs approaching the boundary, landlines ringing, etc. Then they have the nerve to say "Any questions????" And wait with a pregnant pause for you to say some definitive thing to ease their broken frazzled mind that they think you're supposed to say because its something they've invented in their head. GTFO of your warm ass nasty chair so I can fix this. And stop hovering behind my shoulder for 5 minutes after, my plan is better and YES im "ok with those 2" LOL

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom