Post 9/11 GI Bill

I'm only eligible for the Montgomery. I haven't deployed.

I was ADOS as a Supply Sergeant for 8 months. Then I've been either a Title 32 federal technician and now currently Title 5 civilian federal.

None of those three qualify. Only Title 10 orders do.

You might be surprised, last I checked both ADOS and Title 32 are qualifying for the PGIB if you have 90 days. Doesnt hurt to get on Ebennies and fill out the 22-1990 for Post 9/11. It would pay off a lot better than Montgomery in most places.

Last edited:
Don’t know if it’ll be your first time using the benefit or not but the fastest way to get paid is by uploading the document to the GI Bill VA website. Faxes literally get lost and sit in a pile of other faxes. Online submission opens a ticket and requires receipt acknowledgment, and they don’t have to leave their desk/computer. I can DM you the link if interested.

I used to submit my hours that way and then about two years ago was told I could no longer do it that way. That the certifying official of my facility (an OM who has never spent a day in the military) would have to make an account on the VA's website and submit my hours for me and everyone else via his account.

The VA cited something about issues with fraud.

I would absolutely love to go back to uploading vs fax because waiting 6 weeks to get paid blows.

I once had a training manager who refused to certify the hours (this was white book in the infancy of Gi Bill OJT for ATC). He said "i don't agree with this, it is double dipping. we are already paying you". took jumping through some hoops to have him do his job, which he delegated to the secretary for the rest of eternity lol. The NATCA rep that did the legwork and got OJT accredited is a hero!

I used to submit my hours that way and then about two years ago was told I could no longer do it that way. That the certifying official of my facility (an OM who has never spent a day in the military) would have to make an account on the VA's website and submit my hours for me and everyone else via his account.

The VA cited something about issues with fraud.
Never had an issue. The secretary would still fax it in but I would scan it and email it right after. My last submission was in Feb 2017. I’ll be submitting it online again when I start at new facility.

Never had an issue. The secretary would still fax it in but I would scan it and email it right after. My last submission was in Feb 2017. I’ll be submitting it online again when I start at new facility.

I'll be submitting my last two months (April and May) as soon as we are out of May and I'll let you know how it goes. They usually respond online quickly. I'll let you know if they kick it back.

You might be surprised, last I checked both ADOS and Title 32 are qualifying for the PGIB if you have 90 days. Doesnt hurt to get on Ebennies and fill out the 22-1990 for Post 9/11. It would pay off a lot better than Montgomery in most places.

It depends. But I will apply for both and if they deny/approve we'll see. Everyone, including the education incentives office has said my ADOS time didn't count.

If I really wanted, while I wait to clear tier 2, I could pick up an AGR gig for at least 90 days. I'd be a shoe in for any logistics position in the state given I work at the division level at state now as a civilian loggy.

I trained at Zhu for 36 monthes used gi bill whole time transferred to zfw and when I got here I still had 17 monthes and it started back at 100% dragging out my training as long as possible I also get an extra 900$ a month extra kicker that doesnt ever go up or down during the duration which is nice.

That’s actually insane. Which I know once you surpass that “first six month” mark, each month doesn’t count at full capacity either but still.

Don’t know if it’ll be your first time using the benefit or not but the fastest way to get paid is by uploading the document to the GI Bill VA website. Faxes literally get lost and sit in a pile of other faxes. Online submission opens a ticket and requires receipt acknowledgment, and they don’t have to leave their desk/computer. I can DM you the link if interested.
Can you DM me the link for this? Im getting ready to start at a new facility in July.

Back
Top Bottom