Re-bidding Vacated Line

unholieststew

We just had an internal promotion from a BUE to an OS. The line that person had should become available to those with lower seniority, but management is saying they don't have to make it available as it will cause OT (not saying anything about the OT they created by the promotion).

Is there anything specific saying they can or can't do this? And if they can't, is there a timeline for the bidding to happen? I can't find anything specific in the contract.

I don't think they have to rebid it. Imagine if you have 4 lines for each pair of RDOs which will give you 28 lines. You have another person check out making it 29. Usually they will add a line where it is most needed. In my area, we have more friday/saturday, weekends, and sunday/monday lines than any other lines but that also is where there is the most traffic as well. We had someone call their retirement suddenly who had friday/saturday and they did not bid the line down since they already had enough people there.

Whenever we have someone retire or hardship, we attempt a rebid but it always comes down to approval from management. they don't have to approve it for any reason. They always do for us, but I believe they could justifiably deny it in your circumstance.

Article 46. Realignment of the workforce.
Section 4 stating mgmt shall determine if there is an imbalance. If they decide there is no imbalance they don't have to move anyone. Am I reading that correctly?

Whenever we have someone retire or hardship, we attempt a rebid but it always comes down to approval from management. they don't have to approve it for any reason. They always do for us, but I believe they could justifiably deny it in your circumstance.
That's how we've done it as well. We have a new ATM who really makes it seem like he makes decisions to just anger his workforce.

Back
Top Bottom