RTF

Any word on when RTF classes may start back up?
I was supposedly given a September 3rd date a little over a month ago. However, that has since been cancelled. Who ever my ATM spoke to said they didn’t have any information when classes would resume, but they didn’t foresee any of the scheduled classes happening until January or later...

Anyone hear any rumors about when RTF starting up again?
I was told by my ATM two weeks ago that February was the goal. However, they also said that the classes might be held regionally and not in OKC. This was all based off an AJT conference call I believe.

M
I was told by my ATM two weeks ago that February was the goal. However, they also said that the classes might be held regionally and not in OKC. This was all based off an AJT conference call I believe.
My ATM said the same thing. Last I heard, decentralizing RTF was a done deal and they announced ZBW as the site for the ESA, ZKC for CSA, and, though not official, I'm hearing ZDV is the preferred site for WSA.

Again, this is all rumor and speculation at the moment but this is something I've been hearing for the last several weeks, so there may be at least some truth to it.

M

My ATM said the same thing. Last I heard, decentralizing RTF was a done deal and they announced ZBW as the site for the ESA, ZKC for CSA, and, though not official, I'm hearing ZDV is the preferred site for WSA.

Again, this is all rumor and speculation at the moment but this is something I've been hearing for the last several weeks, so there may be at least some truth to it.
Interesting that you heard centers would be the facility of choice. I can’t imagine they have STARS sim equipment needed to hold RTF. Everything that I’m hearing is that it will be based off regions, not service areas. Regardless, it sounds like when it does start again, it won’t be in OKC. I’ve been told A80 is being discussed as the RTF location for people in the southern region.

And honestly that surprised me too. And picking ZKC for the CSA when OKC already has the infrastructure in place?

At any rate, it sounds like they are definitely splitting classes up at various locations so it seems like that much is true. But, like anything else in the Agency, it doesn't happen until it happens.
Interesting that you heard centers would be the facility of choice. I can’t imagine they have STARS sim equipment needed to hold RTF. Everything that I’m hearing is that it will be based off regions, not service areas. Regardless, it sounds like when it does start again, it won’t be in OKC. I’ve been told A80 is being discussed as the RTF location for people in the southern region.

And honestly that surprised me too. And picking ZKC for the CSA when OKC already has the infrastructure in place?

At any rate, it sounds like they are definitely splitting classes up at various locations so it seems like that much is true. But, like anything else in the Agency, it doesn't happen until it happens.

I was told by training manager that they want to do virtual classroom training and still discussing remote locations. But conflicting information because I was also told by my ATM that classes are scheduled starting in February and seemed to imply OKC was the location but he did also say virtual classroom. So, who knows what’s actually going on.

Sounds like they are actually moving towards a February startup. My ATM got a call this morning asking for a list of employees that are currently eligible for RTF and those that would be eligible in the next few months. Atlanta was once again listed as a possible location and somewhere in New Hampshire.

Sounds like they are actually moving towards a February startup. My ATM got a call this morning asking for a list of employees that are currently eligible for RTF and those that would be eligible in the next few months. Atlanta was once again listed as a possible location and somewhere in New Hampshire.
ZBW is in Nashua, NH.

Im at the Academy now for terminal and the instructors are saying RTF is starting in February
Thanks for the info. There’s a class date that’s scheduled to start in February, but they haven’t been allowing BUE’s attend those classes. They’re new hire only at this point.

ZBW is in Nashua, NH.
I figured, but was too lazy to look it up. After talking with my sup about it, he seemed to think that outfitting a centers sim wouldn’t be difficult. Essentially, they’d just have to plug in a stars keyboard and trackball and download some software then it would be good to go. We’ll see. At this point I just hope they decide on something. I wonder how large the backlog has become?

Thanks for the info. There’s a class date that’s scheduled to start in February, but they haven’t been allowing BUE’s attend those classes. They’re new hire only at this point.

I figured, but was too lazy to look it up. After talking with my sup about it, he seemed to think that outfitting a centers sim wouldn’t be difficult. Essentially, they’d just have to plug in a stars keyboard and trackball and download some software then it would be good to go. We’ll see. At this point I just hope they decide on something. I wonder how large the backlog has become?

My supe told me that it is quickly approaching 400 controllers. If they cycle a max of 36 controllers through RTF per month, you're still looking at upwards of a year to clear the current backlog, plus whomever else would need it once training resumes at facilities.

My supe told me that it is quickly approaching 400 controllers. If they cycle a max of 36 controllers through RTF per month, you're still looking at upwards of a year to clear the current backlog, plus whomever else would need it once training resumes at facilities.
I imagine that number gets larger every day. We started training everyone who’s already back in the building. I’m sure we’re not alone. The good news is that if they do hold these classes regionally or by service area, they should be able to get more people through quicker. Even with social distancing/smaller class sizes.

So RTF will be in OKC? Is that what I am hearing now?
I thought it was going to be based off where you live? Denver, LA etc..

Back
Top Bottom