Save pay question

We had a supe come here to a 6 from a 12 CPC. Same as listed above; he would save pay for 3-years and then go down to the top of the band. Luckily for him he was able to transfer back out to a 12 as a controller prior to the 3-year mark so his pay won't go down. Transferring out back to a controller from a supe seemed to be rather difficult but he got it done. It would have been easier to transfer back out to a 12 supe though.

Right, also all your seniority gets wiped out and you start all over after the demotion if it was a permanent supe bid.

Yeah it's the getting back out that has me worried. I don't want a career in management but if it's the only way out of my current location it might be worth it

We had a supe come here to a 6 from a 12 CPC. Same as listed above; he would save pay for 3-years and then go down to the top of the band. Luckily for him he was able to transfer back out to a 12 as a controller prior to the 3-year mark so his pay won't go down. Transferring out back to a controller from a supe seemed to be rather difficult but he got it done. It would have been easier to transfer back out to a 12 supe though.
Pre-NCEPT? or did he get selected on a N90/C90/A80/LAX bid?

I heard a rumour at work this week that for supervisors they changed the save pay rules from three years to five years. Any idea if these is true? Also if it applies to controller moves as well?

I heard a rumour at work this week that for supervisors they changed the save pay rules from three years to five years. Any idea if these is true? Also if it applies to controller moves as well?
It's three years, they can request an extention up to 5 years total. From my understands they have just rubber stamped approved.

Back
Top Bottom