SERCO recruiting

Why in the hell would you go to a contract facility out of a CTI school now? I get it maybe location but you make so much more going faa with way better benefits. If I had to guess the contract facilities are in for a serious shitshow with the new year round bid the faa has now. Idk why anyone would go contract at this point.
Because the faa doesn't immediately pick up people. It's a process. The contract towers are great for filling gaps in employment. New place, New job, decent money. But its not great for long term tenure. The FAA takes at a minimum 3 months just to find out where you're going. Let alone get picked up and actually move.

Oh I agree with you, but they are desperate and are trying to lower the threshold. Midwest has 20-30 openings with no real pipelines and all the close to being retired FAA guys don’t wanna work full time for shitty benefits and no leave. Plenty willing to work part time but I don’t think they’ll go for that.
Which is crazy to me because there are places that have part timers. And, it costs companies less to allow part time employment.

Because the faa doesn't immediately pick up people. It's a process. The contract towers are great for filling gaps in employment. New place, New job, decent money. But its not great for long term tenure. The FAA takes at a minimum 3 months just to find out where you're going. Let alone get picked up and actually move.
I’ve been in the process 3 times now I’m aware. And to move to a place to work for maybe 6 months while your paperwork gets processed with the faa is flat out dumb. I get it people get in situations it might work but where are you living? Leases are generally a year for apartments why would you lock yourself in to contract pay? Better off going and enjoying life for six months and shooting your luck with the faa in my opinion

I’ve been in the process 3 times now I’m aware. And to move to a place to work for maybe 6 months while your paperwork gets processed with the faa is flat out dumb. I get it people get in situations it might work but where are you living? Leases are generally a year for apartments why would you lock yourself in to contract pay? Better off going and enjoying life for six months and shooting your luck with the faa in my opinion
You can shoot your shot with the FAA. And make 50k in 6 months..... or you can live wherever, getting paid *typically* significantly less. As for leases, there's plenty that do month to month. And as long as you're not renting from a agency, typically owners will let you out early if you have a "I got a new job across the country, can we work something out?" Attitude.

All of this isn't even counting the networking/experience you gain from actually working at a new tower. Sitting on your hands or doing anything outside of air traffic simply because you don't wanna move is absolutely silly.

You can shoot your shot with the FAA. And make 50k in 6 months..... or you can live wherever, getting paid *typically* significantly less. As for leases, there's plenty that do month to month. And as long as you're not renting from a agency, typically owners will let you out early if you have a "I got a new job across the country, can we work something out?" Attitude.

All of this isn't even counting the networking/experience you gain from actually working at a new tower. Sitting on your hands or doing anything outside of air traffic simply because you don't wanna move is absolutely silly.
Plus some of the places are effectively paid vacations in no-kidding vacationville, especially with Serco. Unless you're pulling a full family along behind you, it's hard to beat some of the fun out there.

Back
Top Bottom