Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m ok with that. It’s Bezos’ favorite show so Amazon dumped tons of money into it and the production values went up so much.
That is true, but damn that show was like one of the few good things that channel had

God I love that someone who definitely doesn't own a coal company is one of the reasons we cant fund clean energy! Not like coal was killed by natural gas ten years ago and is the reason why WV is a shit hole of a state!
I think dems worry a little too much about this stuff. Coal is getting taken out right now either way. But manchin is annoying

I think dems worry a little too much about this stuff. Coal is getting taken out right now either way. But manchin is annoying
Coal should've been dead 10 years ago in this country, its dirty as shit and underground coal mining(which is little of the production) is dangerous and unhealthy as shit. Don't get me wrong I'd like to see us be 100% renewable and nuclear but that won't happen anytime soon

Coal should've been dead 10 years ago in this country, its dirty as shit and underground coal mining(which is little of the production) is dangerous and unhealthy as shit. Don't get me wrong I'd like to see us be 100% renewable and nuclear but that won't happen anytime soon
i like nuclear but I’m not sure if it’s worth it cus every couple decades they accidentally irradiate a large swath of land that becomes unuseable.

Ya I'd like to see a turn back towards nuke power, and more renewables. We have thousands of miles of coastline why is tidal not a thing, not to mention desalination for water on the west coast.

i like nuclear but I’m not sure if it’s worth it cus every couple decades they accidentally irradiate a large swath of land that becomes unuseable.
Not when they're properly maintained and built in areas devoid of common natural disasters? Fear of nuclear will hold us back from carbon neutral until we can find a better energy storage system

Now do Lithium.

Ya I'd like to see a turn back towards nuke power, and more renewables. We have thousands of miles of coastline why is tidal not a thing, not to mention desalination for water on the west coast.
NIMBY's for coastlline tidal not being a thing, although I think offshore wind would be a better focus. I think the funny thing about desalination, and under the same breath proudcing hydrogen for electric cars, being too energy expensive, doesn't matter when you have unlimited clean energy to run those processes 24/7. Not sure why nuclear is some big fear among people though, weird seeing Germany close down nuclear plants when their neighbors France run an extreme amount of them with no issues

Now do Lithium.
You saying for Lithium mining for batteries right? If so completely agree with you, the mining is terrible for the environment, that's why I think we need better battery tech before we worry about 100% BEV cars, versus producing hydrogen for cars

NIMBY's for coastlline tidal not being a thing, although I think offshore wind would be a better focus. I think the funny thing about desalination, and under the same breath proudcing hydrogen for electric cars, being too energy expensive, doesn't matter when you have unlimited clean energy to run those processes 24/7. Not sure why nuclear is some big fear among people though, weird seeing Germany close down nuclear plants when their neighbors France run an extreme amount of them with no issues
Cus they’ve had 2 very bad and public nuclear accidents (that’s why people are afraid of it). Off shore wind is good. Solar is good especially on new construction.

You guys are gonna be stunned to know that half of cars back in 1910s were electric. Coal/oil has been killing shit for a long time.
Until gas cars came along and were easier to mass produce and cheaper, same thing is happening to electric cars now

Cus they’ve had 2 very bad and public nuclear accidents (that’s why people are afraid of it). Off shore wind is good. Solar is good especially on new construction.
I mean Fukushima should show how it took a tsunami to potentially cause a meltdown, and the soviets didn't exactly have the best safety standards running Chernobyl

I mean Fukushima should show how it took a tsunami to potentially cause a meltdown, and the soviets didn't exactly have the best safety standards running Chernobyl
Yah but you wouldn’t think Japan would have an accident that bad. A could one would be nuclear reactors in large cargo ships but idk there’s prolly
Too many security issues.

Yah but you wouldn’t think Japan would have an accident that bad. A could one would be nuclear reactors in large cargo ships but idk there’s prolly
Too many security issues.
I don't think any country is above a disaster taking out a reactor especially in a country as tectonically active as Japan, think having a better fuel source for shipping would be better, but I also think if we can sequester carbon at a fast enough rate then we can be more lax on planes/shipping boats

I could definitely be remembering incorrectly, but I think Fukushima was overdue to be decommissioned by several years and was literally a 50's nuclear plant running with "upgrades" from the 60's and 70's.

I could definitely be remembering incorrectly, but I think Fukushima was overdue to be decommissioned by several years and was literally a 50's nuclear plant running with "upgrades" from the 60's and 70's.
Not sure if this is true, but it only furthers the point that Nuclear energy is the safer and less harmful to health than any non renewable energy production, and is the easiest way to reduce the problems with the duck curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom