Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww Cali you unconstitutional tool...

I didn't know that for every handgun added to the approved roster three have to be removed, they're trying their best to remove guns from the criminals aren't they.

The roster has gone from 953 to 496 handguns since the bill was in effect with no new handguns being added.

Edit: my bad, in the 7 years of this in effect, the M&P 9mm has been added on 10/20/2020. So 457 handguns banned, and 1 added.

No one wants to take your guns, you right wing conspiracy theorist!

except what Cali is doing is perfectly constitutional. The Supreme Court has ruled several times that states have the right to regulate firearms.

Second Amendment | Law Library of Congress

That’s like saying Jim Crow laws are constitutional, and the discussion on them is over, during that era. Or gay marriage laws before Obergefell. A law can clearly be unconstitutional, but not ruled upon. That’s definitely the case with a lot of gun laws, they just haven’t received their proper time in the SC yet to be ruled upon.

I see you take the 32andBelow form of commenting without reading. Heller ruled against DC because if banned a class of firearms, but banning individual firearms is fine.
“The Court found that the D.C. ban on handgun possession violated the Second Amendment right because it prohibited an entire class of arms favored for the lawful purpose of self-defense in the home.”

You’re taking the heller ruling out of context. They can’t “ban individual firearms,” they can only ban firearms that aren’t in “common use,” a definition subject to the whim of different courts until it’s been clarified by the SC, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

Why have I not been here??? I thank you for the recommendation but my bank account does not.
That place is my jam. Frog legs are top notch as well, the chef there is a legit French trained chef, I have yet to have a bad meal there. but ya, makes for a spendy evening for sure.

Why have I not been here??? I thank you for the recommendation but my bank account does not.
Just don't eat out a few times/buy coffee and instead make your own stuff a few times and then you can eventually use the money saved to have a nice meal. That's what I do :)

I fully intend to avoid downtown PHL as much as I do NYC. I need land and trees and the air not to smell like garbage and urine. Cities are gross and unpleasant.
Easy access to a bigger town is a must, but ya suburban living is better.

Ideally a couple of acres where I can get away from my neighbors but thay comes with more work on the weekends.

Easy access to a bigger town is a must, but ya suburban living is better.

Ideally a couple of acres where I can get away from my neighbors but thay comes with more work on the weekends.

where I grew up in Jersey was perfect. Farm country, small town life but only a 30 min drive to Morristown for mini-Manhattan life and another 30 min for real Manhattan. Small town or suburbia is great when you’re a kid, boring af in your 20’s, and great again in your 30’s

where I grew up in Jersey was perfect. Farm country, small town life but only a 30 min drive to Morristown for mini-Manhattan life and another 30 min for real Manhattan. Small town or suburbia is great when you’re a kid, boring af in your 20’s, and great again in your 30’s
Yeppppppp.

I'd eventually like to get out just a touch more than I am right now, or at least buy some property I can screw off on on the weekends thats nearish. I don't want to get too far out, but here it's easy enough to get a little piece of land and still be within a reasonable daily drive.

I just want to be able to shoot a bow in my backyard and not have to worry about skewering little Timmy next door.

Like wtf are these people talking about. There’s a reason the electoral college votes weeks later. They still like the electoral college right?

I don’t see why having a deadline of 11:59pm Election Day to have your ballot turned in is such a radical thing.
What if it gets delivered late? Soldiers have been voting my mail for hundred years and postmarks always been good. The dude that says crazy things is charge of the post.

Any bets on Trump pardoning himself last day in office?
Maybe. Maybe he’ll resign and have pence do it

It's not about turning it in, it's about the ones that are turned in being counted.
I thought there was multiple lawsuits about this off hand, but I could only find one about trying to extend the deadline for turning ballots in:

What if it gets delivered late? Soldiers have been voting my mail for hundred years and postmarks always been good. The dude that says crazy things is charge of the post.
You should have sent it in earlier, or if you have doubts, vote in person and spoil your mail-in ballot (assuming your state lets you do such a thing, and if not, they should).

Mail-in ballots are sent out well ahead of time. Election Day is Election Day, period.

You should have sent it in earlier, or if you have doubts, vote in person and spoil your mail-in ballot (assuming your state lets you do such a thing, and if not, they should).

Mail-in ballots are sent out well ahead of time. Election Day is Election Day, period.
Wtf does that even mean? Elections are certified by each state before the electoral college votes. Period.

people have been voting by mail from around the world for decades. Why is this such a problem now?

it was never designed to announce the new president at 8:01pm Election Day.

I thought there was multiple lawsuits about this off hand, but I could only find one about trying to extend the deadline for turning ballots in:

Yes, postmarked by election day, meaning they have the same amount of time to vote and make thier decision as everyone else, and it's particularly important for people who live way off in the middle of nowhere, like ya know on a Navajo reservation in the middle of Arizona.

Funny how you are so about liberty on one particular issue, yet a right that's every bit as important, if not more so it's like eh, whatever. Like what's next? You okay with soldiers being boarded in your home as long as you get to play with thier 240B for a bit?

I mean shit not allowing the people to have a say is pretty authoritarian. You think any authoritarian is gonna let you or anyone else keep thier guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom