Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they take off the mask policy (which they should) then they should do away with social distancing as well.

Well we just got a cedar saying to check to see if you are sick before you come in.
Has anyone anywhere ever called their supervisor from outside or before the read and initial and been like - I have a slight headache and the wellness check said not to enter the cab

Listening to the Transportation Committee for the first time. They've tested and are testing 3 mile sep in some areas for enroute but certain aircraft don't have the equipment for it. Rep Defazio asked shouldn't that aircraft be put to the back of the line then? Rinaldi said we.may need to move from a "First come, first served" to "Best equipped, best handled" (or some variation).

I do agree with that but kind of a slippery slope with dealing with GA if that changes.

I may be just a tower flower but I'm not sure how 3NM separation in the center environment helps that much, at least in terms of a "line of aircraft" all going in to SFO or whatever. Center will still need to provide a certain MIT to allow for compression and mixing arrival streams in the TRACON environment, right? Not much point having 3NM minimum separation when you need ten-in-trail for sequencing.

The other thing that stuck out to me was how people fixated on the fact that "only" 9.6k out of 21k IAPs in the NAS are "PBN" approaches, like that one Congresswoman at the end who said "sounds like we have a long way to go on that." Well... no. Why should we decommission ILS approaches at SAW, say, or BIS, just because they aren't PBN? So I would have liked either Paul or Teri to have pushed back some on that.

I did like what Paul said about how the PBN/RNAV routes they're putting in to place allow for more precise and consistent navigation, making the noise issue more of an issue for some people but less of an issue for a lot more.

I may be just a tower flower but I'm not sure how 3NM separation in the center environment helps that much, at least in terms of a "line of aircraft" all going in to SFO or whatever. Center will still need to provide a certain MIT to allow for compression and mixing arrival streams in the TRACON environment, right? Not much point having 3NM minimum separation when you need ten-in-trail for sequencing.

The other thing that stuck out to me was how people fixated on the fact that "only" 9.6k out of 21k IAPs in the NAS are "PBN" approaches, like that one Congresswoman at the end who said "sounds like we have a long way to go on that." Well... no. Why should we decommission ILS approaches at SAW, say, or BIS, just because they aren't PBN? So I would have liked either Paul or Teri to have pushed back some on that.

I did like what Paul said about how the PBN/RNAV routes they're putting in to place allow for more precise and consistent navigation, making the noise issue more of an issue for some people but less of an issue for a lot more.
There’s a lot of passing traffic in a center environment that we have to vector slightly because they are passing within between 3 and 5 miles. So just gives us more airspace.

Just because the center had them lined up doesn’t mean they’re going to the same location. Also, centers for a lot of approach functions in flyover country, and take over a lot of smaller approach controls when they close for the night.

Well we just got a cedar saying to check to see if you are sick before you come in.

Good to see the FAA ahead of a pandemic
You laugh but we had a guy who got exposed to covid twice then came to work with symptoms after he got tested. Ended up being positive. Some morons needs to be reminded lol.

There’s people who come in fully sympathetic with the flu every year and burn their sick leave up to go drinking so.....covid changes nothing
I honestly don’t think it will change anything. When everything starts feeling normal again, people will definitely go back to coming in sick and using sick leave for unapprovable leave.

people will definitely go back to coming in sick and using sick leave for unapprovable leave.
Incapacitated: made incapable of or unfit for normal functioning.

That slate book don't say nuthin' bout you being the one responsible for making yourself incapable of normal functioning.

stone cold GIF

Incapacitated: made incapable of or unfit for normal functioning.

That slate book don't say nuthin' bout you being the one responsible for making yourself incapable of normal functioning.

stone cold GIF
Haha there’s nothing wrong with that either. I’m not hating on it.

Denver center for one has a 3 nm area sequencing for Eagle. I’ve seen some feeds sent to me and they 100% need that 3 and not 5 mile separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom