Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
So shooting the shit is what this is.

air traffic question. You have a guy established on the holding procedure for an approach at 5000. The crossing restrictions are 2000 and 1500. ILS approach. What do you need to tell the pilot for it to be a legal clearance for the approach. My understanding is since he is established on the holding procedure on the approach all you have to say is “cleared ILS rwy xx approach “
I'd ask them "how's the ride?" and then "contact approach on xxx.xx" because I'm not a filthy terminal pilgrim.

I'd ask them "how's the ride?" and then "contact approach on xxx.xx" because I'm not a filthy terminal pilgrim.
Nobody liked my answer and I assumed it was because it was dead wrong but idk now and I’m a center slut with no approaches so I was just spitballing.

Nobody liked my answer and I assumed it was because it was dead wrong but idk now and I’m a center slut with no approaches so I was just spitballing.
When you go terminal, if you ever do, that’s when you’ll find out what an air traffic controller does. All jokes aside, we all work our asses off no matter which facility type we are at. Some more than others

I was thinking about being a tower flower but heard it’s a whole different ball game.
One of my favorite things to do after being at a center for 4yrs and now TRACON for 3yrs is to complain about the tower and say they don’t know what they’re doing…. I’ve never worked in a tower before, but I know those bastards don’t do shit ? that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

One of my favorite things to do after being at a center for 4yrs and now TRACON for 3yrs is to complain about the tower and say they don’t know what they’re doing…. I’ve never worked in a tower before, but I know those bastards don’t do shit ? that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Give us a little credit the ATIS doesn't just cut itself.

Ya’ll have D-ATIS up there and can’t even update the IDS4 info… then I gotta do my ABC’s in order like a turd because I don’t know what letter comes after F to see if the pilots are lying or not
When I do a position briefing upstairs I always say something like "And it looks like you gotta cut whatever comes after G here in a few minutes..."

When I do a position briefing upstairs I always say something like "And it looks like you gotta cut whatever comes after G here in a few minutes..."
When the manual ATIS was all the rage I’ve seen people starting going backwards in the alphabet lol. Always entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom