Terminal Class pass rate

That TETRA class was filled with prior-experience hires that didn't apply for N90. They were off the Previous Experience announcement from last fall I believe, and HR was offering N90 to people from the Northeast generally.
So I think there's a decent chance (90%??) that the FAA will retain TETRA-failures for somewhere until they start having classes that applied specifically for N90 (still a risk to take though.) Especially since they've already had tower experience and the FAA has apparently sent the one to PBI and not a tracon-only. (with the new PPT out, I think it'd be smart to send the failures to AZO and BUF to get their numbers up for the consolidations.)
Once the FAA decides who they're selecting to be full time TETRA evaluators, and the N90-specific-bid hires start showing up to the Academy, then that's when I see the FAA terminating the students that don't pass TETRA.

So for that person, am I correct in assuming the only real pass fail point was basics?
Yes. On the horizon is RTF becoming graded again for the TETRA path, so they would have three exit points....Basics, RTF, and TETRA.
The tower evaluators have been certified to grade RTF, just waiting for the go-ahead from the big-wigs.

That TETRA class was filled with prior-experience hires that didn't apply for N90. They were off the Previous Experience announcement from last fall I believe, and HR was offering N90 to people from the Northeast generally.
So I think there's a decent chance (90%??) that the FAA will retain TETRA-failures for somewhere until they start having classes that applied specifically for N90 (still a risk to take though.) Especially since they've already had tower experience and the FAA has apparently sent the one to PBI and not a tracon-only. (with the new PPT out, I think it'd be smart to send the failures to AZO and BUF to get their numbers up for the consolidations.)
Do you know if BUF is gonna be bumped to an 8 with the consolidation?

So I think there's a decent chance (90%??) that the FAA will retain TETRA-failures for somewhere until they start having classes that applied specifically for N90 (still a risk to take though.)

My friend didn't apply to an N90 specific bid either. He was from the OTS bid in 2017 and was originally given tower on his TOL. Once he completed all of his pre-hire clearance they re-directed him to the N90 track because he was from the Tristate area. Maybe they will fall into that criteria you posted for retention. I'd imagine that they'd have to barely fail for the agency to even consider retaining them.

It’s still pretty screwed up regardless of the bid. There are plenty of lower level up/downs that really need people and I’m sure there are quite a few cpc’s with err’s into PBI as well.

Did something drastic happen at PBI? I don’t remember the numbers being so bad in May, but maybe I just didn’t pay attention.

Last edited:
It’s still pretty screwed up regardless of the bid. There are plenty of lower level up/downs that really need people and I’m sure there are quite a few cpc’s with err’s into PBI as well.

Did something drastic happen at PBI? I don’t remember the numbers being so bad in May, but maybe I just didn’t pay attention.
They were apart of the updated CPC target numbers

If you don't mind me asking what did you TR?
aircraft crosswind and aircraft entering downwind. I gave a traffic alert to one to descend immediately, but afterwards didn't give traffic to the other. I got separation error even though they were 1mi apart when I gave the safety alert. I got 11 points back. I didn't think I would get it so my advice to anyone is TR anything you can. All they can say is "no".

aircraft crosswind and aircraft entering downwind. I gave a traffic alert to one to descend immediately, but afterwards didn't give traffic to the other. I got separation error even though they were 1mi apart when I gave the safety alert. I got 11 points back. I didn't think I would get it so my advice to anyone is TR anything you can. All they can say is "no".
Yeah which is what they usually do. Combined my class submitted like 25 TRs and none where approved even when backed up by our leads.

Back
Top Bottom