Terminal Class pass rate

Goddamn I’d be ecstatic with Tuscon or Reno. That’s a nice list.
Come on down, RNO should be on the next list or two again.
Awesome, thanks! Seems like a nice list? Depending on what you're looking for?
Usually I've learned the nice part of a list is subjective to the individual. I'm currently a CPC at RNO so if you wind up with it I'm game to answer questions.

Come on down, RNO should be on the next list or two again.

Usually I've learned the nice part of a list is subjective to the individual. I'm currently a CPC at RNO so if you wind up with it I'm game to answer questions.
Sadly I’m not scheduled to go to the academy till mid January. I doubt Reno would be on there when I finish but I sure hope so! Seems like a great place to be and especially start out. I’d embrace it.

Sadly I’m not scheduled to go to the academy till mid January. I doubt Reno would be on there when I finish but I sure hope so! Seems like a great place to be and especially start out. I’d embrace it.
It's been rocky lately, from the latest PPT we're the worst level 5 in the NAS for training success rate. We have a trainee failing right now with covid traffic...great place to live though lol

It's been rocky lately, from the latest PPT we're the worst level 5 in the NAS for training success rate. We have a trainee failing right now with covid traffic...great place to live though lol
Why is it so tough? I’m not the most knowledgeable but the layout doesn’t seem too bad. Culture still bad? Hasn’t been much discussion about it as of recent.

Last edited:
Why is it so tough? I’m not the most knowledgeable but the layout doesn’t seem too bad. Culture still bad? Hasn’t been much discussion about it as of recent.
I’ve worked with peoeple who washed out of a level 8 tower and worked with people who’ve washed out of a 12 tower.

All I can say is, this job is not for everyone. Sometimes people get into their own heads, and honestly I had to get an extension of hours on FD/CD at my first tower before going through the remainder of the program at an average pace. Some people just really struggle implementing new information and having the confidence to know where their go/no go point is when making control decisions.

Pretty much what BigEggplant said, we've had a slew for the last 3 years of people who weren't right either for ATC or the tower life. We had one guy who would have been perfect for en-route, but wasn't great for thinking on the fly for our airspace.

Our current trainee is a good example, they're book smart and know everything there is to know but gets radio shy once planes start getting closer. They'll watch the CACA go off and stare at the radar, but won't do anything. People freeze sometimes, others can't make a decision or doubt themselves, some simply can't function.

We've just had a bad three years I guess.

f yeah it’s a great place. Full belly deli. Bertha and Robertos. Scheels. No state income tax.

f yeah it’s a great place. Full belly deli. Bertha and Robertos. Scheels. No state income tax.
Damn got a native, Full belly deli is overrated when compared to Capriottis imo. Carlilos is the best for breakfast burritos and either Robert's or Speedy (Not Super) Burrito for a good Cali. Where are you at?

Serious question: if you get stuck with nantucket what the hell are you supposed to do? I've done a little research on housing but it looks like you're either homeless or have a multi hour commute. Or you spend so much on housing that you have a lower quality of life than a McDonald's employee in the Midwest. Surely I'm missing something

Serious question: if you get stuck with nantucket what the hell are you supposed to do? I've done a little research on housing but it looks like you're either homeless or have a multi hour commute. Or you spend so much on housing that you have a lower quality of life than a McDonald's employee in the Midwest. Surely I'm missing something
Yes

there’s a couple facilities wi the government housing. Now sure if this is one of them. Grand Canyon has it for example.

Shack up with someone else, I'd imagine they have a few people splitting places. Rob the summer houses during the winter times, rich people don't notice it anyway.

I don't think the multi hour commute is an option. Looks like they have ferries to the island, but they don't run early AM or late PM

Back
Top Bottom