Terminal Class pass rate

If anyone wants info about ROC, I'm the NATCA Facrep and would be happy to talk to anyone that wants to hear about the facility...

I've heard rumors that ROC is going to be consolidated soon. Seems like every other facility around it has been eaten up by somebody else . Is this something you are actively working on? That would make ROC highly desirable if there was a reasonable chance of a level up in the future! Like AZO

Those rumors are false. We aren’t actively discussing any consolidation possibilities or an upgrade. Our traffic count is within 10% of an upgrade back to a level 7, but with the way the process works, it takes a while before an increase in traffic would reflect enough and put us into upgrade territory. We came very close about a year ago, but we just missed the mark.

ROC should consider consolidating itself, as a destination facility for academy grads I assume there are probably lots of young controllers wanting to leave. I imagine lots of the old school locals retired in recent years. ROC should try to sell itself to Buffalo or AVP, then whoever leaves would be going to a 8 basically for sure, whoever stays can milk level 6 pay the rest of their career in a level 4-5 tower.

ROC should consider consolidating itself, as a destination facility for academy grads I assume there are probably lots of young controllers wanting to leave. I imagine lots of the old school locals retired in recent years. ROC should try to sell itself to Buffalo or AVP, then whoever leaves would be going to a 8 basically for sure, whoever stays can milk level 6 pay the rest of their career in a level 4-5 tower.
While we do have a handful of people looking to leave, we also have a core group of people that plan on being in ROC for their career. For the young people looking to leave, you'll just have to do your time, and wait your turn... Harsh Reality... The people that want to leave, wouldn't consider moving to BUF or AVP for level 7/8 pay game changing. They'd still want to move to a "better" geography or to the coveted 11/12 facility for the money. ROC is within 10% in terms of traffic count for an upgrade to a level 7 again. I'll take my chances...

They'd still want to move to a "better" geography or to the coveted 11/12 facility for the money. ROC is within 10% in terms of traffic count for an upgrade to a level 7 again. I'll take my chances...

Sounds like you content to be a slumdog millionaire and keep raking in that mysterious 1.9% CIP while pounding Genesee Beer! Will not be a popular pick coming out of the academy.

How bad could it really be? At least you have traffic to work. I'd go there tomorrow if the FAA would let me.

He's at MAF

sorry, thought he was at that jewel of the NAS, ROC... since you are at BGM, you can enjoy the cream ale instead.

I don’t know anything about MAF. Except I am glad I am not there And it probably doesn’t snow. He could Have a shiner Bock perhaps?

Last edited:
sorry, thought he was at that jewel of the NAS, ROC... since you are at BGM, you can enjoy the cream ale instead.

I don’t know anything about MAF. Except I am glad I am not there And it probably doesn’t snow. He could Have a shiner Bock perhaps?
There’s nothing to know about midland except it’s as expensive as California with none of the fun. There’s zero reason to visit. Also it’s been 30 degrees all week so it’s all of the cold without the snow

There’s nothing to know about midland except it’s as expensive as California with none of the fun. There’s zero reason to visit. Also it’s been 30 degrees all week so it’s all of the cold without the snow

Snow sucks so yeah...not seeing an issue on that part

Back
Top Bottom