Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
Thankfully for you it was at least somewhere on your ranked list or 1 of the places you wanted. One of my friends got a place that was not even on his ranked list or one of his choices. I'm curious to know how many people have been unfortunate for this to happen to them?

I honestly haven't heard of anyone getting a facility that wasn't on their list. I'd really be interested in knowing the story behind that happening to your friend. To be honest, outside of my top 3 from a list of about 24, none of the rest of my list was very desirable to my wife and I. Our #1 was where we ultimately wanted to be and would have stayed my entire career, but it just didn't work out that way. Now we enter the ncept thunderdome and hope for the best ha.

I honestly haven't heard of anyone getting a facility that wasn't on their list. I'd really be interested in knowing the story behind that happening to your friend. To be honest, outside of my top 3 from a list of about 24, none of the rest of my list was very desirable to my wife and I. Our #1 was where we ultimately wanted to be and would have stayed my entire career, but it just didn't work out that way. Now we enter the ncept thunderdome and hope for the best ha.
To clarify he did get something on the list that was given to him to choose from but, the location was not one of his Top 3 or any one of the locations that him and his family chose at all. He got a random place on the list given to him.
And good luck! fingers crossed for you and your wife, hopefully you guys get the place you want or at least a new place thats nice and somewhere that will grow on you and become a place or option to stay for awhile :)
it sounds like the military...where you go, especially your first base can make you or break you...it could be the deciding factor on staying in or not lol..kinda scary...I just have my fingers crossed to get one of my 3 choices, or at least to have good places on my list lol. What I find most scary or what I've been thinking of recently about how the FAA has the final say so on where you go is what if the cost of living is too expensive or if its a super expensive move, I have dependents as well. So much to think about its all exciting and nerve wracking.

To clarify he did get something on the list that was given to him to choose from but, the location was not one of his Top 3 or any one of the locations that him and his family chose at all. He got a random place on the list given to him.
And good luck! fingers crossed for you and your wife, hopefully you guys get the place you want or at least a new place thats nice and somewhere that will grow on you and become a place or option to stay for awhile :)
it sounds like the military...where you go, especially your first base can make you or break you...it could be the deciding factor on staying in or not lol..kinda scary...I just have my fingers crossed to get one of my 3 choices, or at least to have good places on my list lol. What I find most scary or what I've been thinking of recently about how the FAA has the final say so on where you go is what if the cost of living is too expensive or if its a super expensive move, I have dependents as well. So much to think about its all exciting and nerve wracking.

Sounds like he either got stuck with a mandatory slot or finished last in the class and had no choice and was given what was left. They just don’t make the decision for you and give you something on the list..... at least so I think. Who knows, it’s been over 2 years since the academy for me and I was EnRoute so I could be wrong

Thankfully for you it was at least somewhere on your ranked list or 1 of the places you wanted. One of my friends got a place that was not even on his ranked list or one of his choices. I'm curious to know how many people have been unfortunate for this to happen to them?
To clarify for everyone, did your friend attend the academy or was it a prior experience list? Two completely different things.

I couldn't be more excited about this opportunity, but 6 years in Alaska..? Bruh. That's rough. Why 6 years just staffing levels?
Exactly. And even if it was Anchorage (which I've heard is relatively normal) that would be one thing, but Fairbanks is not a fun place to live from all accounts

@MJ how likely is it that some of these places will still be available in three months
View how many classes are graduating between yours here...
FAA Catalog of Training

Rough estimate... 3 months, 3 classes a month, ~9 graduates per class, ~81 total graduates.

You'll also compete with the NCEPT in April and June prior to graduation as well.

You'll be able to get a fairly decent expectation of your list when you're 1 to 2 classes away from graduating.

Don't forget to filter out 8-12 facilities when trying to determine what could be available for you as you get closer.

So some terminal classes are skipped, I assume there is now way to include all the classes?
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. The terminal placement list will have spots reserved for the next class that graduates. It will also have spots reserved for those that select an OCONUS location or have spousal consideration.
There is no point in reserving spots more then one class out as the list continually changes based on how many people passed the previous class and which facilities they selected.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. The terminal placement list will have spots reserved for the next class that graduates. It will also have spots reserved for those that select an OCONUS location or have spousal consideration.
There is no point in reserving spots more then one class out as the list continually changes based on how many people passed the previous class and which facilities they selected.

What I mean is that some classes aren't on it. For example the class that graduated on 3/15 isn't on there as far as I can tell. 111360 IIRC.

That was 111362.
What I mean is that some classes aren't on it. For example the class that graduated on 3/15 isn't on there as far as I can tell. 111360 IIRC.
Yeah, their facility choices aren't on the file posted here. It just depends on when the file was saved and uploaded here. If it was saved while 111360 was doing PAs, and then not saved again until class 111364 was doing PAs, then class 111362 won't be showing up.
There's a master historic list that goes back a couple years to 2016 on the KSN site.

Yeah, their facility choices aren't on the file posted here. It just depends on when the file was saved and uploaded here. If it was saved while 111360 was doing PAs, and then not saved again until class 111364 was doing PAs, then class 111362 won't be showing up.
There's a master historic list that goes back a couple years to 2016 on the KSN site.

Ok thanks

How accurate is this list? If i remember correctly on the last one there was a bunch of fairbanks slots and now theres none?

Back
Top Bottom