Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
Idk guys, I'm dying to go to Fairbanks, Alaska or Roswell, New Mexico

On a serious note, Savannah, Roanoke, Norfolk, Myrtle Beach, Bradley Int'l are all pretty nice. There are a good number of lvl 8's on there too

On a serious note, Savannah, Roanoke, Norfolk, Myrtle Beach, Bradley Int'l are all pretty nice. There are a good number of lvl 8's on there too
The terminal placement list is for the entire FAA.

LVL 7 or below for academy grads. OKC and ICT did show up on a couple lists last year, but with current staffing, LVL 8's on an academy list are a thing of the past.

The terminal placement list is for the entire FAA.

LVL 7 or below for academy grads. OKC and ICT did show up on a couple lists last year, but with current staffing, LVL 8's on an academy list are a thing of the past.
Who gets placed at level 8’s?

Who gets placed at level 8’s?
Level 8-12 terminal facilities are for CPC's and prior experience new hires.

Due to poor success rates for new hires into high level terminal facilities, academy grads are primarily restricted to level 7 and below facilities. It allows for upward mobility in the agency. Having academy grads going to lower level facilities allows for those CPC's to move up to higher level tower/tracons.

As you will be told within your first few days at basics, "just take whatever the hell you can get". Not everyone is going to get a location they like but put in the time and ERR to somewhere better. Personally, I also hope Nantucket isn't an option if I make it to that point ;)

Also don't count out the possibility that you could finish first in your class and have your list be absolute crap because of your class's low pass rate or just the entire list being absolute crap (two bad 6's and the rest 5 and below). I'm pretty happy with where I ended up though, looks like it'll work out well. I would have taken Nantucket in a heartbeat though, being a M*sshole, but I think I would have regretted it.

Also don't count out the possibility that you could finish first in your class and have your list be absolute crap because of your class's low pass rate or just the entire list being absolute crap (two bad 6's and the rest 5 and below). I'm pretty happy with where I ended up though, looks like it'll work out well. I would have taken Nantucket in a heartbeat though, being a M*sshole, but I think I would have regretted it.

That would be quite unfortunate to kill it at the training but your class doesn't so you can't go where you want. I'll be fine regardless but I'd like to avoid like Arkansas or Alabama or some of these other middle of nowhere places. Saw the Grand Canyon a few months ago that would be SWEET for a few years.

That would be quite unfortunate to kill it at the training but your class doesn't so you can't go where you want. I'll be fine regardless but I'd like to avoid like Arkansas or Alabama or some of these other middle of nowhere places. Saw the Grand Canyon a few months ago that would be SWEET for a few years.
Grand Canyon airport might be the most middle of nowhere airport in the entire FAA.

You literally just said you didn't want to be in the middle of nowhere but you'd be happy in the middle of nowhere... Smh

I said SOME of the other middle of nowhere places. Grand Canyon singular, specifically, I would be okay with. I'm not trying to start WW3 here lol just certain middle of nowhere places, like Arkansas and Alabama.

My nightmare is somewhere in like the Dakotas or Wyoming with unbearable freezing weather

A more fun question than your nightmare... If you could oick any facility level 7 or below, where would you pick? Although I hope I'm not just getting people's hope up... This is ideal world only. Lol

A more fun question than your nightmare... If you could oick any facility level 7 or below, where would you pick? Although I hope I'm not just getting people's hope up... This is ideal world only. Lol
Hmmmmm... BUR is high on my list. I could live in my grandparents guest house until CPC and be around most of my family. I really want to work airliners, so that’s on my priority list too.

Back
Top Bottom