The upcoming stacked leave apocalypse

what they may have lost in thousands, they made up for getting paid in time they did not work, and had to do nothing for. so its a wash and in my opinion your point is moot. and just because you may value something different, doesn't mean you did not actually get something, we got paid for work we did not do, nor do what we say we would do in the contract. 40 hrs a week. I'm not saying it was fun, but we got the leave they will wipe away since we choose not to take it, we could have taken it. We just got it when you may have not wanted it and are left whole if not more in most cases. this sucks for everyone, I just think complaining about this is so petty.

And ill say this again, if you are counting on a couple thousand of differential, make better life choices.
It’s kinda BS take. Some people want to make money and some people want to have more time off. The more time off people constantly bully the more money people.

It’s kinda BS take. Some people want to make money and some people want to have more time off. The more time off people constantly bully the more money people.
11 years in, I’m perfectly happy with the time off. It’s an insane opportunity to be able to be with my kids 24/7. I was bright eyed a bushy tailed once, too. Give it some time and you’ll be limping to the finish line like the rest of us

In march when we closed down, were you leading the charge to come back to work full time so you could earn those differentials? I respect your right to earn money, I'm right there with you, I hardly ever take leave abouve what I bid, and work all OTs and love night shifts and select to work sundays though I have other options, I'm just saying if you weren't on every phone call with your local about going back to BWS ASAP then you've lost your right to complain now and I believe you've got way more than you lost. I also believe if you cant make financial adjustments for what I cant imagine is thousands, just for a little, make better life choices. move on and stop stirring the pot about something that's so petty. Yes this sucks for us all, in one different way or another, if its inside our outside of work.

Why don't the people who want to make money go Uber or Lyft or one of the 1000 other part time opportunities. It's practically like having time and a half constantly! 40 hrs a week + whatever else you work for them.

In march when we closed down, were you leading the charge to come back to work full time so you could earn those differentials? I respect your right to earn money, I'm right there with you, I hardly ever take leave abouve what I bid, and work all OTs and love night shifts and select to work sundays though I have other options, I'm just saying if you weren't on every phone call with your local about going back to BWS ASAP then you've lost your right to complain now and I believe you've got way more than you lost. I also believe if you cant make financial adjustments for what I cant imagine is thousands, just for a little, make better life choices. move on and stop stirring the pot about something that's so petty. Yes this sucks for us all, in one different way or another, if its inside our outside of work.
Yah I’ve been bitching about getting back to work the whole time and been getting bullied lol

Yah I’ve been bitching about getting back to work the whole time and been getting bullied lol
I respect that you've been fighting to go back. I disagree just on the health concern alone but still respect your right. also and I am really curious, how much differentials etc have you truly lost out on? What shifts have you been working while this has been going on? are you 5/5, 5/10?

I respect that you've been fighting to go back. I disagree just on the health concern alone but still respect your right. also and I am really curious, how much differentials etc have you truly lost out on? What shifts have you been working while this has been going on? are you 5/5, 5/10?
I went back a months go and my first 2 paychecks have been 200-400 higher each. Which is 8-15% increase on my take home. Granted there was a holiday. But collecting all the holidays is a couple grand a year. It might not be that much as a CPC but as a d2 it’s a pretty big deal.

I went back a months go and my first 2 paychecks have been 200-400 higher each. Which is 8-15% increase on my take home. Granted there was a holiday. But collecting all the holidays is a couple grand a year. It might not be that much as a CPC but as a d2 it’s a pretty big deal.
by your math you make around 100, holidays are worth 3800 to you, but you've at most only lost out on 1 since you just said you got actually got the one. if you went back a month ago, which I assume to mean full time, you only lost out on 2.5 months, or 5 pay checks of full differentials, which by your own math is only 1000-2000, plus your one holiday of 380.

what shift were you on during those 2.5 months? if it were nights, then you actually ended up "losing" less than that, because you cant assume you would have been on those shifts if we were normal the entire time.

if you found a $10 an hour job, and worked 20 hours a week on your off time, you would have been working full time like you wanted and got you your "lost" income you deserved.

as for training, that's the complaint you should be making, not lost income for time you never actually worked.

by your math you make around 100, holidays are worth 3800 to you, but you've at most only lost out on 1 since you just said you got actually got the one. if you went back a month ago, which I assume to mean full time, you only lost out on 2.5 months, or 5 pay checks of full differentials, which by your own math is only 1000-2000, plus your one holiday of 380.

what shift were you on during those 2.5 months? if it were nights, then you actually ended up "losing" less than that, because you cant assume you would have been on those shifts if we were normal the entire time.

if you found a $10 an hour job, and worked 20 hours a week on your off time, you would have been working full time like you wanted and got you your "lost" income you deserved.

as for training, that's the complaint you should be making, not lost income for time you never actually worked.
My main complaint is not getting my 20k raises. And increasing base pay for more tsp match etc etc.

My main complaint is not getting my 20k raises. And increasing base pay for more tsp match etc etc.
You’ll be pushed back a year or 2. At most that 5 percent match will only be worth 10-20k Over the last 2 years if you max out. You can’t make that else up somewhere? Stop complaint about leave when you’re real complaint is the tsp match.

I echo this sentiment. The raise from AG to D1 is almost 50% in many locations. That’s a pretty massive difference, especially looking at long term TSP earnings. For many, it’s the difference between living paycheck to paycheck, and being able to live comfortably while putting some away in savings.

The training hold is likely to extend to at least 5 months now. Outside of some of the large Z’s with long waits for D or R school, most trainees would have earned at least 1 raise over this time period. It’s a ton of money in the long term.

I echo this sentiment. The raise from AG to D1 is almost 50% in many locations. That’s a pretty massive difference, especially looking at long term TSP earnings. For many, it’s the difference between living paycheck to paycheck, and being able to live comfortably while putting some away in savings.

The training hold is likely to extend to at least 5 months now. Outside of some of the large Z’s with long waits for D or R school, most trainees would have earned at least 1 raise over this time period. It’s a ton of money in the long term.
Imagine being somewhere without D1 or even D2

You’ll be pushed back a year or 2. At most that 5 percent match will only be worth 10-20k Over the last 2 years if you max out. You can’t make that else up somewhere? Stop complaint about leave when you’re real complaint is the tsp match.
So your bullying me cus I said I want money over time off? I also won’t be able to get as far through the CPC pay scale.

even if your next raise is 40k and a year later than expected, you’d only be 2k behind on the match. Over a 30 year career at 7 percent that’s only 16k

Back
Top Bottom