The upcoming stacked leave apocalypse

With these long periods off we are all getting edgy and have too much time on our hands. Hopefully the Dallas plexiglass experiment works and we all get to normal schedules soon, supplemented by an excused day off or two a week and many leave slots, that is the best compromise that would solve everything.
#bestjobintheworld
I’m all for training on 5 and 5 brother.

$25k...

that’s the amount a D2 made at a Z over the course of 4 months of doing absolutely nothing.

that’s also the same amount as a Level 6 CPC who was working during that same time.
what’s your point? The initial point was some people want money and some people want time off. And the time off people bully the money people.

So we are at 16K + 40K + 3.9K as the minimum cost of a 1 year training delay
16k will be taxed at 20 percent. The 40 and 3.9 k would be taxed somewhere around 25. You’d see 46k of all that. Which would have been over a very long period of time. If 46k less over the span of Your career would kill you, make better choices. Be like the other guy and buy a 16k car instead of that Audi bro.

The point is that you keep acting like you’re getting screwed financially.
Yes our contract screws you financially if you can’t train. Is that really up for debate?

16k will be taxed at 20 percent. The 40 and 3.9 k would be taxed somewhere around 25. You’d see 46k of all that. Which would have been over a very long period of time. If 46k less over the span of Your career would kill you, make better choices. Be like the other guy and buy a 16k car instead of that Audi bro.
Lmfao the gymnastics

Actual CPC’s who have been working made the same (and in some cases less) than you made to sit at home but you’re the one who got screwed?
I’d be CPC if i got sent to tower. I don’t make the rules. Center training takes fucking forever

You’re right. You would be a CPC at some Level 6 tower right now making the same amount of money you are now, except you would have been working, and trying to find an exit strategy to even begin to talk about another raise.
I am fucking working. I based all the trainings they’ve put in front of me. I can’t control the FAAs whacky placement methods.

I am fucking working. I based all the trainings they’ve put in front of me. I can’t control the FAAs whacky placement methods.

Yeah now you’re working. You complained for 4 months how you weren’t working and now all you do is complain about how you shouldn’t be there unless you can train and then you blame NATCA for saying you’re non-essential as if anybody couldn’t figure that out on their own. But you wanted to return so welcome back!

Yeah now you’re working. You complained for 4 months how you weren’t working and now all you do is complain about how you shouldn’t be there unless you can train and then you blame NATCA for saying you’re non-essential as if anybody couldn’t figure that out on their own. But you wanted to return so welcome back!
My argument the whole time is that I want to train. ? ? ?.

My argument the whole time is that I want to train. ? ? ?.

And you’re not going to train anytime soon so there’s that.

It’s amazing that you want to complain about center training and how you would be a CPC by now at a tower. You would literally be making the same amount of money as you do now except no actual path to six figures without a transfer and then more training.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

And you’re not going to train anytime soon so there’s that.

It’s amazing that you want to complain about center training and how you would be a CPC by now at a tower. You would literally be making the same amount of money as you do now except no actual path to six figures without a transfer and then more training.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
I’m not complaining about center training. I asked what you mean when some guy is an “actual cpc”.

So what is the shift minimum now? I haven’t heard of any renegotiated numbers.
Depends on your facility. Maybe you'll count the supervisors as a staffing number. Or change the CIC or number per shift requirements.
By default currently, what's going to happen is that if there's no negotiations going into next year, the current MOUs and agreements are just going to extend for a year.

we just got a bunch of free leave for the last few months, and some facilities are still giving it out, are we are concerned with losing a few hours? entitlement much?
what they may have lost in thousands, they made up for getting paid in time they did not work, and had to do nothing for. so its a wash and in my opinion your point is moot. and just because you may value something different, doesn't mean you did not actually get something, we got paid for work we did not do, nor do what we say we would do in the contract. 40 hrs a week. I'm not saying it was fun, but we got the leave they will wipe away since we choose not to take it, we could have taken it. We just got it when you may have not wanted it and are left whole if not more in most cases. this sucks for everyone, I just think complaining about this is so petty.

And ill say this again, if you are counting on a couple thousand of differential, make better life choices.
So if we lose money (diffs and other additional pay) in exchange for excused leave you say, "it's a wash." and we're more or less made whole. Then why would you then have a problem with people using use or lose leave by the end of the year...
"some facilities are still giving it out, are we are concerned with losing a few hours? entitlement much?" Why should people give hours back to the agency, what did they receive in return for those hours?
This year I bid Saturday/Sunday off. It's the first time in my adult life I was going to regularly have weekends off. We went to the 5/10s and I was fine with losing weekends in exchange for extra days off but now that we're working 5/5s, I don't really see this schedule as much of a win for me. While I get an extra 6 or 7 days off per month, I'm still working weekends. So I continue to work on days my wife has off, I continue to miss out on family events and hobbies. So on top of losing wages and weekends in exchange for a couple of extra weekdays off per month, you think I should give back my use or lose at the end of the year. Nope, not happening. You can bet your ass I'm not going to give back leave that I'm "entitled" to and earned.

Back
Top Bottom