The woeful unpreparedness of Management

Can anyone decipher what the excused leave caveats are for Terminal option? What the fuck does "certified on Local OR Ground" mean? That's a huge difference at a tower that takes 2 years average to certify. We have 3 people who are certified through GC training on LC, does that mean they are excused or not? Nice big cliffhanger to leave it up to each facility's discretion.

I was going to call the telcon (not signing up for some MS crap account) but I had a long day securing sustenance for my family. Then I needed to shave and shower so I just couldn't get to it. I heard the telephone method didn't work anyway. More crap anyway, most likely. Sorry, not really productive but felt like sharing!

Can anyone decipher what the excused leave caveats are for Terminal option? What the fuck does "certified on Local OR Ground" mean? That's a huge difference at a tower that takes 2 years average to certify. We have 3 people who are certified through GC training on LC, does that mean they are excused or not? Nice big cliffhanger to leave it up to each facility's discretion.
If they have ground they’re usable and not excused. It does almost nothing and is only applicable to 5% of trainees.

Certified on ground, but not local... Go to work.
Certified on local, but not ground... Go to work.
Certified on neither, stay home.

Yesterday evening’s teleconference (paraphrased):
“This is like a fire. And while others are running from the fire, we have to continue to run to it”
Lol, if I wanted to run into burning buildings I would have followed my 2 brothers and dad into the fire service.

Pretty sure the FAA would not look too kindly on that, if they were to find out. Our facrep specifically told our facility not to speak to the media.
They’re allowed free reign if nobody speaks up though. Easy to play the party line of saying “well don’t say anything because we don’t like the negative attention”

Called my Regional Flight Surgeon, he verified my condition and medication, he is going to send an email to the facility. I do not want to be around when someone tests positive. *Update Excused Absence has been approved.

So I called and emailed my FS office

they answered the phone and said they’d write me back regarding my conditions I’m on waiver for that are listed on the CDC site....that they have on file to give me said waivers. see attached ?

Attachments

• E1DB4C24-9364-412A-9740-B34DD2DC7C3E.jpeg
    E1DB4C24-9364-412A-9740-B34DD2DC7C3E.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 177
In what sort of backwater sisterfucking facility would someone be certified on LC but not GC. It's so asinine that I literally didn't understand the exception.
Sounds just like the kind of people who would cover some base that doesn’t exist and then completely overlook their own guidance, like offering excused absence to people quarantined by the health department then trying to renege after someone nails them.

Sounds just like the kind of people who would cover some base that doesn’t exist and then completely overlook their own guidance, like offering excused absence to people quarantined by the health department then trying to renege after someone nails them.
Habitual line stepper charlie murphy chappelle.gif

I'm at the point now I say fuck it. Send everyone back into work. I'm tired of our lazy ass, worthless staffers getting free, paid vacations. I get to go to work and risk myself and my family, so can asthma and diabetes guy.

I'm at the point now I say fuck it. Send everyone back into work. I'm tired of our lazy ass, worthless staffers getting free, paid vacations. I get to go to work and risk myself and my family, so can asthma and diabetes guy.

Man of my own heart. First it wasn't fair most of the nation got to stay home, then it wasn't fair that N.E's got to go home, now it isn't fair that us special conditions get to be home.
My nickname in high-school was Fairness Joe... because if something were off balance in the slightest, I'd be the first to call it out.

Rock On!

Back
Top Bottom