The woeful unpreparedness of Management

I think that the collaboration team will have a great idea, we are providing a service. I'd follow the airline news and the moment those guys move from our ramp we will start spooling back up to normal schedules
I think when trump decides it’s time every federal employee will get sent back the next day. And any mitigation will be overruled.

I think when trump decides it’s time every federal employee will get sent back the next day. And any mitigation will be overruled.

Agreed. We're all going back to work, regardless of traffic levels, once everyone else goes back to work.

And anyone that wants to argue that you shouldn't go back to work because of a lack of work should really think about what they are saying about themselves and what in the private sector, would be the obvious solution.

The presumed positive at ZDV is now a confirmed positive. I think the thing in cedar said they were last in the building on April 3rd?

Well, the White House released the new guidelines for the “three phases to reopening America.” It seems a lot is being left up to the States and individual organizations/companies though. Definitely more vague and less aggressive than he was making it sound a week ago.

It says for “phase one” there needs to be a downward trend in COVID cases for 14 days. Then, employers are still to encourage telework when possible, and begin brining people back to work in “phases.”

Who knows how the FAA will interpret that. Realistically, you would need to take a facility by facility approach based on these guidelines. You probably can’t treat ZNY and ZLC the same right now. You also can’t really “phase” training and non essentials back into facilities. They’re either there or they’re not. Either they’re going to keep things like they are now until cases start dying down across the country, or they’re going to throw open the flood gates, bring everybody back, and be business as usual on May 1st. Can’t really see them handling it a different/more calculated way.

Last edited:
Well, the White House released the new guidelines for the “three phases to reopening America.” It seems a lot is being left up to the States and individual organizations/companies though. Definitely more vague and less aggressive than he was making it sound a week ago.

It says for “phase one” there needs to be a downward trend in COVID cases for 14 days. Then, employers are still to encourage telework when possible, and begin brining people back to work in “phases.”

Who knows how the FAA will interpret that. Realistically, you would need to take a facility by facility approach based on these guidelines. You probably can’t treat ZNY and ZLC the same right now. You also can’t really “phase” training and non essentials back into facilities. They’re either there or they’re not. Either they’re going to keep things like they are now until cases start dying down across the country, or they’re going to throw open the flood gates, bring everybody back, and be business as usual on May 1st. Can’t really see them handling it a different/more calculated way.
Regarding Phase One basically everywhere in the country is now at the start of a 14 day decline, even NYC and the hardest hit areas. There might be small pockets of places, certain ski towns or a small rural city that has bad luck and has a uptick after this but I’m not sure if that will be considered significant enough to “count” for this.

So we will see, it is interesting. I can see the FAA really starting to look at it after two weeks if most areas are in Phase One. By then it will in theory be nice weather throughout most of the country, and general aviation which was grounded could view it as a unofficial green light to start flying. So you could see if big jump in traffic too, not to May 2019 levels but way more then you might be able to handle working 5 on 10 days off. So the FAA might move to start to transition back to regular schedules, we will see.

Regarding Phase One basically everywhere in the country is now at the start of a 14 day decline, even NYC and the hardest hit areas. There might be small pockets of places, certain ski towns or a small rural city that has bad luck and has a uptick after this but I’m not sure if that will be considered significant enough to “count” for this.

So we will see, it is interesting. I can see the FAA really starting to look at it after two weeks if most areas are in Phase One. By then it will in theory be nice weather throughout most of the country, and general aviation which was grounded could view it as a unofficial green light to start flying. So you could see if big jump in traffic too, not to May 2019 levels but way more then you might be able to handle working 5 on 10 days off. So the FAA might move to start to transition back to regular schedules, we will see.
Funny. Doesn’t look like a decline

104D91D5-7404-4305-B25B-CF14C2868E15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom