The woeful unpreparedness of Management

ZME is 5 and 5.

...but do they vector?

giphy.gif

No, I just troll this site looking for underage strange. Why are you here?
Being entertained by the lower half of the agency.

...but do they vector?

giphy.gif
Lol it’s a center. Of course they do. 15° right.

Watch out everyone, Air Traffic Jesus is here to school you peasants. Listen up.
Please like my posts. Lol in your bio? Really?

No, I just troll this site looking for underage strange. Why are you here?
Speaking of strange how’s mom holding up?

Haha ya I just joined last night. Actually never talked to an airplane yet. Waiting for data class. You think this COVID shit will be over soon?
I hope not this new schedule is great!

This thread kinda deteriorated... and I did not see an important question answered.

During a union conference call, it was announced the FAA and NATCA have been working on additional phases of operation. We are currently in Phase 1.

Soon, with no announced date, some facilities will be moving into Phase 2. During this phase, participating facilities will reduce hours of operation and reduce staffing/scheduling. Not every facility will be a Phase 2 facility. For the most part, it will include facilities that either 1) could not move to 5-on/10-off or 2) could only go to 5-on/5-off schedules.

Should it come to it, Phase 3 will include the shutdown of some of the FAA's smaller ATC facilities.

Like everything FAA-NATCA, these phases are subject to change.

This thread kinda deteriorated... and I did not see an important question answered.

During a union conference call, it was announced the FAA and NATCA have been working on additional phases of operation. We are currently in Phase 1.

Soon, with no announced date, some facilities will be moving into Phase 2. During this phase, participating facilities will reduce hours of operation and reduce staffing/scheduling. Not every facility will be a Phase 2 facility. For the most part, it will include facilities that either 1) could not move to 5-on/10-off or 2) could only go to 5-on/5-off schedules.

Should it come to it, Phase 3 will include the shutdown of some of the FAA's smaller ATC facilities.

Like everything FAA-NATCA, these phases are subject to change.

Any prediction on when?

Any prediction on when?
My prediction is never. NY and CA appear to have hit their peaks and will be in decline, and like it or not those two states are almost 50% of the economy, the nation will do as they do.

Now they do have ultra liberal over cautious governors fighting for the limelight and seeing who can one up each other in restrictions and government control. So they might choose to keep their states locked down through summer just for fun and that would have a trickle effect.

But if they start to ramp up job and the economy again by May, the FAA will follow suite across the board and you will not see a phase two.

Now they do have ultra liberal over cautious governors fighting for the limelight and seeing who can one up each other in restrictions and government control. So they might choose to keep their states locked down through summer just for fun and that would have a trickle effect.

Lol if u watch CNN you would be convinced we could literally NEVER open back up again. Just ask Sanjay Gooop-ta or Chris in the basement. Hes Italian you know! Remember when his brother was crying for 16 trillion ventilators? Seems like it was just yesterday. Its scary how much he hates the constitution. Never let a good crisis go to waste!

Phase 2 will never happen. And Hazard pay prob not either. The agency doesnt give a shit. They were dragged kicking and screaming into what we have now, fighting back every step of the way.

I dont think this thread is off if the rails, unless you're a robot and cant accept free range convo among dynamic intelligent apes, or nuance. IMO this thread is "Covid19 and related", packaged in a sweet anti mgmt title. ("How are you providing visual separation!??? Its overcast aNd I cant see him!!!" ...... with my fucking eyes, dont worry about it captain, everything will be ok)

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see phase 2 go thru May 23rd. That goes thru 2 more pay periods.

SF just said they were still ‘hot’ with COVID and just with 56 cases reported that day. They want to see a 14 day incubation period with a decline in cases.

NY is saying it is now concerned with its NYC suburbs to include Long Island as the virus is spreading out. It may be ending in NYC, but spreading now to other major cities in the northeast corridor, PHL, BWI and DC.

With a lot of airlines shrinking schedules until mid to end of May now, I can see an extension of the current schedule.

As for hazard pay, if anyone in Federal Government gets it, I can see everyone getting it.

Honestly I think Phase II would depend on a few things
-If we open everything at once cases will spike again and we will be back to square one
-Summer Vacations this year will be extremely curtailed I think, or again cases will spike
-Until there is a vaccine, cases will continue to occasionally spike if we force things to open as quickly as possible...

Just some observations

At my facility we bid this schedule through the beginning of July so we're planning on being in it for the long haul.

Also I know there is a suspected Tech Ops case in Detroit and they're working on getting the facility cleaned.

I think that the collaboration team will have a great idea, we are providing a service. I'd follow the airline news and the moment those guys move from our ramp we will start spooling back up to normal schedules

Back
Top Bottom